To go or not to go ...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by elyob, Dec 27, 2005.

  1. elyob

    elyob Guest

    Programmed a ride into my gps last night, it'll take in three main ice rinks
    in London .. Hampton Court, Kew and Somerset house. Not too stressful, but a
    nice Christmassy ride. Was about to go get ready, when the snow started.
    Phew, no need to go now. Damn, its now stopped and melted away. Looks like
    I'll be donning my cycling clobber after all in a few minutes ...

    Tags:

  2. elyob

    elyob Guest

    "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Programmed a ride into my gps last night, it'll take in three main ice
    > rinks in London .. Hampton Court, Kew and Somerset house. Not too
    > stressful, but a nice Christmassy ride. Was about to go get ready, when
    > the snow started. Phew, no need to go now. Damn, its now stopped and
    > melted away. Looks like I'll be donning my cycling clobber after all in a
    > few minutes ...

    Well, I went, bloody hell it's cold out there.

  3. John Burns

    John Burns Guest

    > news:[email protected]
    > > Programmed a ride into my gps last night, it'll take in three main ice
    > > rinks in London .. Hampton Court, Kew and Somerset house. Not too
    > > stressful, but a nice Christmassy ride. Was about to go get ready, when
    > > the snow started. Phew, no need to go now. Damn, its now stopped and
    > > melted away. Looks like I'll be donning my cycling clobber after all in a
    > > few minutes ...

    > Well, I went, bloody hell it's cold out there.

    I did some off roading up here in Aviemore yesterday, -2 to -3C in the
    daytime THAT'S cold ;-) -6C this lunchtime, staying in!

    --
    Who needs a life when you've got Unix? :)
    Email: [email protected], John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland

  4. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    John Burns wrote:
    > > news:[email protected]
    > > > Programmed a ride into my gps last night, it'll take in three main ice
    > > > rinks in London .. Hampton Court, Kew and Somerset house. Not too
    > > > stressful, but a nice Christmassy ride. Was about to go get ready, when
    > > > the snow started. Phew, no need to go now. Damn, its now stopped and
    > > > melted away. Looks like I'll be donning my cycling clobber after all in a
    > > > few minutes ...

    > > Well, I went, bloody hell it's cold out there.

    > I did some off roading up here in Aviemore yesterday, -2 to -3C in the
    > daytime THAT'S cold ;-) -6C this lunchtime, staying in!

    Tempted to put the snow tyres on teh bike, but that will completely
    ruin the snow for sledging.

    ...d

  5. POHB

    POHB Guest

    Lovely ride this afternoon. Left it a bit late so home in the dark,
    but a couple of orbits of Richmond Park as the sun set. Loads of deer.
    27 miles at about 1C. Sidled past about two miles of stationary cars
    on the way there and back through Kew and over Kew Bridge, I think they
    may have been "going shopping" or somesuch.