To go or not to go ...

elyob

Guest
Programmed a ride into my gps last night, it'll take in three main ice rinks
in London .. Hampton Court, Kew and Somerset house. Not too stressful, but a
nice Christmassy ride. Was about to go get ready, when the snow started.
Phew, no need to go now. Damn, its now stopped and melted away. Looks like
I'll be donning my cycling clobber after all in a few minutes ...

news:[email protected]...

Well, I went, *********** it's cold out there.

> news:[email protected]...
> > Programmed a ride into my gps last night, it'll take in three main ice
> > rinks in London .. Hampton Court, Kew and Somerset house. Not too
> > stressful, but a nice Christmassy ride. Was about to go get ready, when
> > the snow started. Phew, no need to go now. Damn, its now stopped and
> > melted away. Looks like I'll be donning my cycling clobber after all in a
> > few minutes ...

> Well, I went, *********** it's cold out there.

I did some off roading up here in Aviemore yesterday, -2 to -3C in the
daytime THAT'S cold ;-) -6C this lunchtime, staying in!

--
Who needs a life when you've got Unix? :)
Email: [email protected], John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland

John Burns wrote:
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Programmed a ride into my gps last night, it'll take in three main ice
> > > rinks in London .. Hampton Court, Kew and Somerset house. Not too
> > > stressful, but a nice Christmassy ride. Was about to go get ready, when
> > > the snow started. Phew, no need to go now. Damn, its now stopped and
> > > melted away. Looks like I'll be donning my cycling clobber after all in a
> > > few minutes ...

> > Well, I went, *********** it's cold out there.

> I did some off roading up here in Aviemore yesterday, -2 to -3C in the
> daytime THAT'S cold ;-) -6C this lunchtime, staying in!

Tempted to put the snow tyres on teh bike, but that will completely
ruin the snow for sledging.

...d

Lovely ride this afternoon. Left it a bit late so home in the dark,
but a couple of orbits of Richmond Park as the sun set. Loads of deer.
27 miles at about 1C. Sidled past about two miles of stationary cars
on the way there and back through Kew and over Kew Bridge, I think they
may have been "going shopping" or somesuch.