To Improve Physical Fitness:

bondjerys

Dec 23, 2009
1. Do a squat every time you pick something up. Instead of bending over in the usual way, which stresses the lower back, bend your knees and squat. This forces you to use your leg muscles and will build strength.

2. Every time you stop at a traffic light (or the bus does), tighten your thighs and butt muscles and release as many times as you can. (Don't worry, no one will see it!) This will firm leg and buttock muscles, improve blood flow -- and keep you mildly amused!

3. Whenever you're standing on a line, lift one foot a half-inch off the ground. The extra stress on your opposite foot, ankle, calf and thigh, plus your buttocks, will help firm and tone muscles. Switch feet every few minutes.

bondjerys said:
1. Do a squat every time you pick something up. Instead of bending over in the usual way, which stresses the lower back, bend your knees and squat. This forces you to use your leg muscles and will build strength.

2. Every time you stop at a traffic light (or the bus does), tighten your thighs and butt muscles and release as many times as you can. (Don't worry, no one will see it!) This will firm leg and buttock muscles, improve blood flow -- and keep you mildly amused!

3. Whenever you're standing on a line, lift one foot a half-inch off the ground. The extra stress on your opposite foot, ankle, calf and thigh, plus your buttocks, will help firm and tone muscles. Switch feet every few minutes.

Well, that sounds like good advice....

What is the purpose or relevance of the "ginkgo biloba" link attached to the bottom of your post? :confused:

LOL!

#4 When sitting down, squeeze your butt cheeks every 5 secs.

#5 When climbing stairs, take them at least 2 at-a-time in order increase the stress on knee extensors, hamstrings, and glutes...

#6 When laying bed, raise both legs about 6" off the bed in order to work the abdominals and hip flexors...

...shall I continue? anyone have any others?... LOL! All in the order "to improve physical fitness"...sounds reasonable to me...

Sure, while laying in bed I squeeze my wife's butt cheeks to improve my grip stength.;)