To Kim (and, are all new posters met in this way?)

> > Exactly. My family joined a synagogue 6 years ago, and
> > even though
it
> > is known that I am not now nor have I ever been Jewish
> > no effort has been made to convert me. I would like to
> > learn more about the
spiritual
> > aspects of the religion, but the classes at the
> > synagogue aren't
given
> > at a good time for me. The closest anyone has come to
> > trying to
convert
> > me was when we were talking to the rabbi to arrange a
> > naming for our older daughter. When asked about our
> > Hebrew names, my husband gave
his
> > and said that I obviously didn't have one, to which
> > the rabbi
responded,
> > 'At least not yet' <g>
>
> Do you realize that you are now in BIG trouble in this
> group? ;)

What's a little more guilt by association in my life? :)

Besides, I'm not Jewish myself. I'm pagan. Let the games
begin! <g>

Kimmer kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

"Kimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > > Exactly. My family joined a synagogue 6 years ago, and
> > > even though
> it
> > > is known that I am not now nor have I ever been Jewish
> > > no effort has been made to convert me. I would like to
> > > learn more about the
> spiritual
> > > aspects of the religion, but the classes at the
> > > synagogue aren't
> given
> > > at a good time for me. The closest anyone has come to
> > > trying to
> convert
> > > me was when we were talking to the rabbi to arrange a
> > > naming for our older daughter. When asked about our
> > > Hebrew names, my husband gave
> his
> > > and said that I obviously didn't have one, to which
> > > the rabbi
> responded,
> > > 'At least not yet' <g>
> >
> > Do you realize that you are now in BIG trouble in this
> > group? ;)
>
> What's a little more guilt by association in my life? :)
>
> Besides, I'm not Jewish myself. I'm pagan. Let the games
> begin! <g>

A Pagan married to a Jew....yikes!

> > Besides, I'm not Jewish myself. I'm pagan. Let the games
> > begin!
<g>

> A Pagan married to a Jew....yikes!

Leads to some interesting conversations, I assure you,
especially when you throw in the agnostic-to-atheistic (he's
squarely straddling the fence on the issue) son <g>

I was Lutheran for many years until I moved 50+ miles from
my home church and never bothered to look for another one;
the Christian thing never really 'took', so it was an easy
decision to make. 3-1/2 years ago I found my current path
and am really enjoying the trip.

"I may be going to Hell in a bucket, but I sure am
enjoying the ride"
<h>

Kimmer kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

"Mark Probert-March 19, 2004" <Mark [email protected]>
wrote:

>"Kimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>berlin.de...
>> it
>> spiritual
>> given
>> convert
>> his
>> responded,
>> >
>> > Do you realize that you are now in BIG trouble in this
>> > group? ;)
>>
>> What's a little more guilt by association in my life? :)
>>
>> Besides, I'm not Jewish myself. I'm pagan. Let the games
>> begin! <g>
>
>A Pagan married to a Jew....yikes!

The family gatherings at the children's first communions
must be interesting.

And imagine what it will be like when their first son
marries a Sikh. The ushers won't know which side of the
mosque to seat people.

--
Peter Bowditch
The Green Light http://www.ratbags.com/greenlight
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

Peter Bowditch <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Mark Probert-March 19, 2004" wrote:
> >"Kimmer" <[email protected]> wrote

> >> What's a little more guilt by association in my life?
> >> :) Besides, I'm not Jewish myself. I'm pagan. Let the
> >> games begin! <g>
> >
> >A Pagan married to a Jew....yikes!
>
> The family gatherings at the children's first communions
> must be interesting.
>
> And imagine what it will be like when their first son
> marries a Sikh. The ushers won't know which side of the
> mosque to seat people.

The wedding of one of my kids was a little like that. It
was held outside, with reception on a boat. I met my fellow
parents-in-law then for the first time. We speak different
languages (not a shared one), and their religion is one
that I am not at all familiar with (still). My son's
..religion has been a matter of contention, so that we
don't really mention it (yep, I have my own prejudices).
Just happy that he married a good old fashioned Buddhist
girl :) One of son's best mates there was Catholic,
another, in his kilt, is Celtic Pagan. Daughter-in-law's
best friend's Shinto. The celebrant was an old family
friend who was for long a passionately evangelical atheist,
but who has mellowed recently to a more pantheistic
outlook. And the kind guy who paid for the wedding, - the
entire lot, - was...a Hugarian Jew. (All r.l.)

--
"I happen to think that the singular evil of our time is
prejudice. It is from this evil that all other evils grow