To Shave or not To Shave?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by wamara, Jul 10, 2003.

1. wamara

wamara New Member

Legs...To Shave or not To Shave?!
    Am I really looking like a dweeb if I'm the only one with hairy legs at the race or group ride?

Tags:

2. bigfloppyllama

bigfloppyllama New Member

Shave some racing stripes into your hair. Nobody will doubt your sincerity if you have nice and clean stripes down your legs:D Really, I don’t know. If it’s going to be a pain for you to keep your legs clean shaven I’d just forget it. I’ve seen a few riders with really short stubble and it just looks odd. I leave mine hairy because its summer and i can't really be bothered to shave my face, let alone my legs. That and i'm a casual rider.

3. patch70

patch70 New Member

IF you are racing or doing rides in serious (ie fast) groups, then I would say to shave. You will find that little bit of extra respect or space when needed. It is a bit like showing that you are a committed cyclist (provided you ride sensibly/not dangerously).

If you are just casual, riding with mates etc, then do whatever is comfortable for you.

P.S. It will not make you go faster.:cool:
    P.P.S. If you crash, you won't have to pluck hairs out of the crusty scabs.:mad:

4. prestonjb

prestonjb New Member

I look at it this way... If I were interested in racing orwas being paid... I'd shave...

I don't ride in packs here in the USA because they are crazy stupid and are out to get you into a crash.

However in the few large events I do participate in I find no disrespect because I don't shave. Even at 50kph.