To THAT restaurant in Pietermaritzburg...

Vo2

Aug 11, 2001
The night before the Amashova race, I phoned the only pasta/pizza joint in PMB, and asked them if they do take-aways. I placed an order for two pasta dishes (take-away), and was told that I could collect within half-an-hour. Arriving at the restaurant, I asked if my order was ready. 10 minutes later, I'm told that it will be ready in 10 minutes time. No problem, I say, I'll wait. 10 minutes later she returns and gives me some lame excuse about a backlog or something, and if I would mind waiting for another half-an-hour or so.<br />All in all, this joint couldn't make me a stupid pasta dish within an hour.<br /><br />Know this, Mister Restaurant owner, your service stinks! But word of mouth gets around....

Ahh, the classic stories of big bad Jo'burg people going to a little town and actually expecting their food in less than 3 hours, how could you VO2?<br /><br />Ha ha, I wonder how this place handles the comrades? <br /><br />I was lucky, stayed with a mate on a beautiful farm 60 km's outside maritzburg, nice home cooked meal the night before. Pity I nearly took out my Alfa's sump for a second time on the farm road

[quote author=Vo2 link=board=10;threadid=2560;start=0#22027 date=1036059778]<br />The night before the Amashova race, I phoned the only pasta/pizza joint in PMB, and asked them if they do take-aways. I placed an order for two pasta dishes (take-away), and was told that I could collect within half-an-hour. Arriving at the restaurant, I asked if my order was ready. 10 minutes later, I'm told that it will be ready in 10 minutes time. No problem, I say, I'll wait. 10 minutes later she returns and gives me some lame excuse about a backlog or something, and if I would mind waiting for another half-an-hour or so.<br />All in all, this joint couldn't make me a stupid pasta dish within an hour.<br /><br />Know this, Mister Restaurant owner, your service stinks! But word of mouth gets around....<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Mate....If a restaurant cant put their inconvenience before yours, I’d be telling them to get ****ed! simple as that, after all they’re the ones providing the service, not you.

[quote author=Vo2 link=board=10;threadid=2560;start=0#22035 date=1036063310]<br />Alfa? Alfa as in...?<br />[/quote]<br /><br />I to was wondering wtf Alfa's was? ??? <br /><br />Over here an alfa]/b] is a crappy car, which doesn't make much sence in your sentence ;D

I kinda fancy the 147 tho<br /><br />
983206598_g.jpg

[quote author=Vo2 link=board=10;threadid=2560;start=0#22041 date=1036065411]<br />I kinda fancy the 147 tho<br /><br />
983206598_g.jpg
<br />[/quote]<br /><br />yeah well they are nice.....i was talking about old aflas ;D

Ok Ok, it was just my chance to mention what car I drive. I aspire to all things Italian now how bad can that be? Started off with the kak car and now I've gotto get a kak Italian bike. I hear Bianchi's are pretty horrible ;)

[quote author=Rhodent link=board=10;threadid=2560;start=0#22043 date=1036065782]<br />Ok Ok, it was just my chance to mention what car I drive. I aspire to all things Italian now how bad can that be? Started off with the kak car and now I've gotto get a kak Italian bike. I hear Bianchi's are pretty horrible ;)<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Yeah those Bianchi's arnt near as bad as colnago's ;D

Ow, things have just slowed down here now, you sure this thing isn't running off an italian server. Hmm, whats wrong with that old Alfa, classic shape, sure it goes well when its being towed

The 145, couldn't afford the 147. Plus only a small number of them were imported so I feel a little exclusive. Just have to remember that they aren't made for dirt roads. Or long journeys. Or anything requiring reliability. Or Sanity....<br /><br />But it is SOOOOO much FUN.

[quote author=Steve link=board=10;threadid=2560;start=0#msg22044 date=1036065927]<br />Yeah those Bianchi's arnt near as bad as colnago's ;D <br />[/quote]<br /><br />Oi.... &gt;:( Me got no problem with me Colnago, and they do well on farm roads. Ask me I know I won a race that took me on farm roads once. Race planners were in a small dorpie and didn't realise that not everyone has a mountain bike. Needless to say I road even the mountainbikers into the ground that day. Of course the 3/4's of tar road did help get the distance between me and them.