To the guy doing voice-over on Fox Sports TDF coverage...

On Jul 11, 12:28 pm, ProfTournesol <ProfTournesol.2tj...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> phillip brown Wrote:
>
> > who the hell is Fabian Cancerella???

> > phillip brown

> probably a mate of 'Cadle' Evans
>
> --
> ProfTournesol

SBS!

On Jul 11, 2:30 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jul 11, 12:28 pm, ProfTournesol <ProfTournesol.2tj...@no-
>
> mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> > phillip brown Wrote:

> > > who the hell is Fabian Cancerella???

> > > phillip brown

> > probably a mate of 'Cadle' Evans

> > --
> > ProfTournesol

> SBS!

You'd expect gross mis-pronunciations from ch7, ch9 or ch 10, but SBS
people? Aren't they supposed to be multi-cultural, as long as you're
Italian and play soccer?

Bleve said:
On Jul 11, 2:30 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jul 11, 12:28 pm, ProfTournesol <ProfTournesol.2tj...@no-
>
> mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> > phillip brown Wrote:

> > > who the hell is Fabian Cancerella???

> > > phillip brown

> > probably a mate of 'Cadle' Evans

> > --
> > ProfTournesol

> SBS!

You'd expect gross mis-pronunciations from ch7, ch9 or ch 10, but SBS
people? Aren't they supposed to be multi-cultural, as long as you're
Italian and play soccer?
The "guy" is Mathew Keenan, a very experienced knowledgable commentator at many a Vic cycling event and usually a podium commentator at the Bay Crits etc, and was on SEN1116 Sports Radio too and BUT with all his creds, he still cant pronounce a "lara" over a "rella",
If someone can get Matt's ear before he embarasses himself any more and puts paid forever to his aspirations of taking over from Phil Liggett ( maybe not!!), then please ask him to take some care on what he is pronouncing over what he is reading.

Cancellara isnt the only name he gets wrong, but its über annoying to hear it consistently even after he has heard Sherwin, Liggett, Tomalaris and McKenzie all do the Lara with ease and not a "rella" in earshot from any of them...

Matt don't be lazy, or do you know something about the pronnuciation of names that we don't? or is this your "strine" version? and tough !!?... maybe its Sui-talian a new Orstraylyun dialect, hopefully not as I'm sure its not Nino Culotta's.

Roo

NickP wrote:
> "phillip brown" wrote

>> who the hell is Fabian Cancerella???

> Tomarillis on SBS can't pronounce it correctly most of the time
> either...

Who the hell is Tomarillis?

Theo

On Jul 11, 6:00 pm, rooman <rooman.2tj...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Bleve Wrote:
>
> > On Jul 11, 2:30 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > SBS!

> > You'd expect gross mis-pronunciations from ch7, ch9 or ch 10, but SBS
> > people? Aren't they supposed to be multi-cultural, as long as you're
> > Italian and play soccer?The "guy" is Mathew Keenan, a very experienced knowledgable commentator

> at many a Vic cycling event and usually a podium commentator at the Bay
> Crits etc, and was on SEN1116 Sports Radio too and BUT with all his
> creds, he still cant pronounce a "lara" over a "rella",
> If someone can get Matt's ear before he embarasses himself any more and
> puts paid forever to his aspirations of taking over from Phil Liggett (
> maybe not!!), then please ask him to take some care on what he is
> pronouncing over what he is reading.
>
> Cancellara isnt the only name he gets wrong, but its über annoying to
> hear it consistently even after he has heard Sherwin, Liggett,
> Tomalaris and McKenzie all do the Lara with ease and not a "rella" in
> earshot from any of them...
>
> Matt don't be lazy, or do you know something about the pronnuciation of
> names that we don't? or is this your "strine" version? and tough !!?...
> maybe its Sui-talian a new Orstraylyun dialect, hopefully not as I'm
> sure its not Nino Culotta's.
>
> Roo
>
> --
> rooman

Noticed this morning he got it right, but still seemed to be having
trouble wrapping his tongue around it.

phillip brown