To the religious nuts in this ng....

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Listener, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. Listener

    Listener Guest

    2-27-04

    "NEW YORK (Reuters) - More than 10,600 children have reported being molested by priests since 1950,
    according to two studies that found

    abuse involving at least 4 percent of priests, The New York Times reported on Friday. "

    God's way?

    Can you imagine the sufffering this has exponentially caused...... Of course, that study doesn't
    include the many children who have NOT reported it!

    (Hey CAUSers, do you think the studies were rigged?)

    L.

    Tags:

  2. Smoke

    Smoke Guest

    A perfect breeding place for paedophiles, it's all over the news her in Ozz at the moment as well.
    Here in Ozz there have been several priest prosecuted for just that, but this only happened after
    those that were molested came forward and would not be paid off. The church knew about what was
    happening and merely counselled the offending priest's and transferred them to another parish where
    they were free to do it again. Most practising Christians are good people and we shouldn't allow
    their good selves to be tarnished by what these priest's have done. Perhaps if the Catholic Church
    axed celibacy things would be different? In the OT God has himself either ordered or participated in
    some horrific events, but I can't recall any of molestation, so IMO no, it is not "God's way".

    Smoke

    "Listener" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > 2-27-04
    >
    > "NEW YORK (Reuters) - More than 10,600 children have reported being molested by priests since
    > 1950, according to two studies that found

    > abuse involving at least 4 percent of priests, The New York Times reported on Friday. "
    >
    > God's way?
    >
    > Can you imagine the sufffering this has exponentially caused...... Of course, that study doesn't
    > include the many children who have NOT reported it!
    >

    > (Hey CAUSers, do you think the studies were rigged?)
    >
    > L.

  3. Julianne

    Julianne Guest

    in the church. I can think of no excuse. However, from a different perspective, it is true that
    children are most likely to suffer harm at the hand of their parents. Does this mean that all
    parents should be considered as child abusers.

    I don't think that the church is as much a breeding ground for pedophiles as it is an attempted
    refuge. I suspect that many of these men are so horrified by their desires that the seek a celibate
    life. Like the rest of

    means harming someone.

    So the numbers of pedophiles does not surprise me. What does disappoint me enormously is the past
    unwillingness of the church to openly address these issues. As far as I know (or have read or
    heard), these issues weren't even addressed internally in the form of education, provision
    counseling, therapy, etc. Going back to my contention that many of the offenders originally sought
    refuge in the church because they felt a celibate life would have protected them and children, it
    seems reasonable that this variety of pedophile would have been more likely to seek pre-emptive help
    for overwhelming urges.

    I saw a documentary once on the Discovery Channel. There is a psychiatrist in Boston who treats
    would be pedophiles. He uses chemical sterilization with hormones. The problem is that treatment is
    more suitable for non-offenders. Once a person crosses the line and actually molests a child, they
    are a criminal. It is rare for someone to seek help prior to that first occasion, according to the
    documentary. However, when they do, treatment is generally successful.

    If the Catholic Church axed celibacy, it might help the problem within the church but I don't think
    the overall total number of pedophiles would decrease. As a Catholic I have strong feelings about
    the church but I assure you that not all of them are in favor of the world's largest institution.
    The reason for celibacy is essentially to keep the wealth of the church within the church. Wives and
    babies need to be supported. Property is willed to offspring and survivors. The death of a priest
    might allow his wife to have legal claim of some of the church wealth. Women, capable of producing
    offspring, are also not allowed to become ordained. Heaven forbid the Vatican would have to sell
    some of it's art to pay off art to support large families.

    But, I also live in a community where there are so many good practicing Catholics who have fully
    embraced charity and love as a way of life that I am continually reminded that there is the church,
    a healthy entity that controls vast wealth, and then there is millions of people who share a faith
    that promotes love and goodness. Catholics are okay by me. I have issues with Vatican politics!

    "Smoke" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > A perfect breeding place for paedophiles, it's all over the news her in
    Ozz
    > at the moment as well. Here in Ozz there have been several priest prosecuted for just that, but
    > this only happened after those that were molested came forward and would
    not
    > be paid off. The church knew about what was happening and merely counselled the
    offending
    > priest's and transferred them to another parish where they were free to do it again. Most
    > practising Christians are good people and we shouldn't allow their
    good
    > selves to be tarnished by what these priest's have done. Perhaps if the Catholic Church axed
    > celibacy things would be different? In the OT God has himself either ordered or participated in
    > some horrific events, but I can't recall any of molestation, so IMO no, it is not "God's way".
    >
    > Smoke
    >

    > "Listener" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > 2-27-04
    > >
    > > "NEW YORK (Reuters) - More than 10,600 children have reported being molested by priests since
    > > 1950, according to two studies that found

    > > abuse involving at least 4 percent of priests, The New York Times reported on Friday. "
    > >
    > > God's way?
    > >
    > > Can you imagine the sufffering this has exponentially caused...... Of course, that study doesn't
    > > include the many children who have NOT reported it!
    > >

    > > (Hey CAUSers, do you think the studies were rigged?)
    > >
    > > L.

  4. LeeRand

    LeeRand Guest

    [email protected] (Listener) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > 2-27-04
    >
    > "NEW YORK (Reuters) - More than 10,600 children have reported being molested by priests since
    > 1950, according to two studies that found

    > abuse involving at least 4 percent of priests, The New York Times reported on Friday. "
    >
    > God's way?
    >
    > Can you imagine the sufffering this has exponentially caused...... Of course, that study doesn't
    > include the many children who have NOT reported it!
    >

    > (Hey CAUSers, do you think the studies were rigged?)
    >
    > L.
    Where does it say that being "religious" = being a "Christian"?

  5. Carol T

    Carol T Guest

    [email protected] (Listener) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > 2-27-04

    > molested by priests since 1950, according to two studies that found

    > abuse involving at least 4 percent of priests, The New York Times reported on Friday. "<<<<<<<<<

    They are not Christian's, they are simply manipulators of people. Paedophiles are well known to
    manipulate many different routes into children's lives, even to the extent of training to be social
    workers, teachers, doctors, youth workers and police. Why would the church be any different a target
    than any other large organisation?

    What of the parents who send their children to be guided without their hand because their own sins
    have kept them away from church? Paedophiles are manipulating 'their' failings more than the
    churches, because churches become very difficult places to commit crimes if they are a flurry of
    family activities with plenty of adults around.

    Churches grow on faith and are destroyed by lack of it, this truth is told in the Bible. The whole
    family is part of the rock and foundation of the church which is built on The Word of God.

    If paedophiles find their way into churches, it's the failing of man in following The Word, not
    Christ's failing.

    The Way of God is understanding these things.

    The way of Satan is to gloat at the church for the evil in men.

    Carol T

  6. listener

    listener Guest

    On 27 Feb 2004 18:57:01 -0800, [email protected] (LeeRand)
    wrote:

    >[email protected] (Listener) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> 2-27-04
    >>
    >> "NEW YORK (Reuters) - More than 10,600 children have reported being molested by priests since
    >> 1950, according to two studies that found

    >> abuse involving at least 4 percent of priests, The New York Times reported on Friday. "
    >>
    >> God's way?
    >>
    >> Can you imagine the sufffering this has exponentially caused...... Of course, that study doesn't
    >> include the many children who have NOT reported it!
    >>

    >> (Hey CAUSers, do you think the studies were rigged?)
    >>
    >> L.
    >Where does it say that being "religious" = being a "Christian"?

    It doesn't. I meant it in the context of this ng which, from time to time, becomes populated with
    kooks of that particular persuasion.

    L.

  7. Smoke

    Smoke Guest

    "Julianne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:sQS%[email protected]...

    minors
    > in the church. I can think of no excuse. However, from a different perspective, it is true that
    > children are most likely to suffer harm at
    the
    > hand of their parents. Does this mean that all parents should be
    considered
    > as child abusers.
    >
    > I don't think that the church is as much a breeding ground for pedophiles
    as
    > it is an attempted refuge.

    attempted refuge.

    I suspect that many of these men are so
    > horrified by their desires that the seek a celibate life.

    desire to molest children, then they would seek medical help, not become a priest where their
    desires could be more easily satisfied, this would be a conscious decision for them. A reforming
    acoholic would not seek employment as a barman.

    Like the rest of

    of

    > means harming someone.
    >
    > So the numbers of pedophiles does not surprise me. What does disappoint
    me
    > enormously is the past unwillingness of the church to openly address these issues. As far as I
    > know (or have read or heard), these issues weren't
    even
    > addressed internally in the form of education, provision counseling, therapy, etc. Going back to
    > my contention that many of the offenders originally sought refuge in the church because they felt
    > a celibate life would have protected them and children, it seems reasonable that this variety of
    > pedophile would have been more likely to seek pre-emptive help for overwhelming urges.

    > I saw a documentary once on the Discovery Channel. There is a
    psychiatrist
    > in Boston who treats would be pedophiles. He uses chemical sterilization with hormones. The
    > problem is that treatment is more suitable for non-offenders.

    they would be sent to prison

    Once a person crosses the line and actually molests a child,
    > they are a criminal. It is rare for someone to seek help prior to that first occasion, according
    > to the documentary. However, when they do, treatment is generally successful. If the Catholic
    > Church axed celibacy, it might help the problem within the church

    but I don't think the overall total number of pedophiles would
    > decrease.

    except by chemical castration maybe. Perhaps a law to have all offending pedophile chemically
    castrated?

    As a Catholic I have strong feelings about the church but I
    > assure you that not all of them are in favor of the world's largest institution. The reason for
    > celibacy is essentially to keep the wealth of the church within the church. Wives and babies need
    > to be supported. Property is willed to offspring and survivors. The death of a priest
    might
    > allow his wife to have legal claim of some of the church wealth. Women, capable of producing
    > offspring, are also not allowed to become ordained. Heaven forbid the Vatican would have to sell
    > some of it's art to pay off
    art
    > to support large families.

    I wonder if they have read: (Matthew 19:16-21. See also Luke 12:33)

    > But, I also live in a community where there are so many good practicing Catholics who have
    > fully embraced charity and love as a way of life that I am continually reminded that there is
    > the church, a healthy entity that controls vast wealth, and then there is millions of people
    > who share a
    faith
    > that promotes love and goodness. Catholics are okay by me. I have issues with Vatican politics!

    Smoke

  8. [email protected] (Listener) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > 2-27-04
    >
    > "NEW YORK (Reuters) - More than 10,600 children have reported being molested by priests since
    > 1950, according to two studies that found

    > abuse involving at least 4 percent of priests, The New York Times reported on Friday. "
    >
    > God's way?

    Man's way...

    > Can you imagine the sufffering this has exponentially caused...... Of course, that study doesn't
    > include the many children who have NOT reported it!

    ... the wages of sin.

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

    **
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

    What is all this about?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?T13943F77

    Is this spam?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

  9. Smc

    Smc Guest

    "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (Listener) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > 2-27-04
    > >
    > > "NEW YORK (Reuters) - More than 10,600 children have reported being molested by priests since
    > > 1950, according to two studies that found

    > > abuse involving at least 4 percent of priests, The New York Times reported on Friday. "
    > >
    > > God's way?
    >
    > Man's way...

    Er.. Your way too ? Yes, I say. A little while ago you demonstrated to S.M.C and God by accusing
    someone of being a pedophile (simply because you thought it was funny) , even worse was when you
    began justifying yourself. I hope you and other pedophiles rot in heaven and on earth.

    > > Can you imagine the sufffering this has exponentially caused...... Of course, that study doesn't
    > > include the many children who have NOT reported it!
    >
    > ... the wages of sin.

    STFU chinese retard! This ain't Sci Med China.. so fark off!