To the religious nuts in this ng....

Listener

Guest
2-27-04

"NEW YORK (Reuters) - More than 10,600 children have reported being molested by priests since 1950,
according to two studies that found

abuse involving at least 4 percent of priests, The New York Times reported on Friday. "

God's way?

Can you imagine the sufffering this has exponentially caused...... Of course, that study doesn't
include the many children who have NOT reported it!

(Hey CAUSers, do you think the studies were rigged?)

L.

A perfect breeding place for paedophiles, it's all over the news her in Ozz at the moment as well.
Here in Ozz there have been several priest prosecuted for just that, but this only happened after
those that were molested came forward and would not be paid off. The church knew about what was
happening and merely counselled the offending priest's and transferred them to another parish where
they were free to do it again. Most practising Christians are good people and we shouldn't allow
their good selves to be tarnished by what these priest's have done. Perhaps if the Catholic Church
axed celibacy things would be different? In the OT God has himself either ordered or participated in
some horrific events, but I can't recall any of molestation, so IMO no, it is not "God's way".

Smoke

"Listener" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> 2-27-04
>
> "NEW YORK (Reuters) - More than 10,600 children have reported being molested by priests since
> 1950, according to two studies that found

> abuse involving at least 4 percent of priests, The New York Times reported on Friday. "
>
> God's way?
>
> Can you imagine the sufffering this has exponentially caused...... Of course, that study doesn't
> include the many children who have NOT reported it!
>

> (Hey CAUSers, do you think the studies were rigged?)
>
> L.

in the church. I can think of no excuse. However, from a different perspective, it is true that
children are most likely to suffer harm at the hand of their parents. Does this mean that all
parents should be considered as child abusers.

I don't think that the church is as much a breeding ground for pedophiles as it is an attempted
refuge. I suspect that many of these men are so horrified by their desires that the seek a celibate
life. Like the rest of

means harming someone.

So the numbers of pedophiles does not surprise me. What does disappoint me enormously is the past
unwillingness of the church to openly address these issues. As far as I know (or have read or
heard), these issues weren't even addressed internally in the form of education, provision
counseling, therapy, etc. Going back to my contention that many of the offenders originally sought
refuge in the church because they felt a celibate life would have protected them and children, it
seems reasonable that this variety of pedophile would have been more likely to seek pre-emptive help
for overwhelming urges.

I saw a documentary once on the Discovery Channel. There is a psychiatrist in Boston who treats
would be pedophiles. He uses chemical sterilization with hormones. The problem is that treatment is
more suitable for non-offenders. Once a person crosses the line and actually molests a child, they
are a criminal. It is rare for someone to seek help prior to that first occasion, according to the
documentary. However, when they do, treatment is generally successful.

If the Catholic Church axed celibacy, it might help the problem within the church but I don't think
the overall total number of pedophiles would decrease. As a Catholic I have strong feelings about
the church but I assure you that not all of them are in favor of the world's largest institution.
The reason for celibacy is essentially to keep the wealth of the church within the church. Wives and
babies need to be supported. Property is willed to offspring and survivors. The death of a priest
might allow his wife to have legal claim of some of the church wealth. Women, capable of producing
offspring, are also not allowed to become ordained. Heaven forbid the Vatican would have to sell
some of it's art to pay off art to support large families.

But, I also live in a community where there are so many good practicing Catholics who have fully
embraced charity and love as a way of life that I am continually reminded that there is the church,
a healthy entity that controls vast wealth, and then there is millions of people who share a faith
that promotes love and goodness. Catholics are okay by me. I have issues with Vatican politics!

[email protected] (Listener) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> 2-27-04
>
> "NEW YORK (Reuters) - More than 10,600 children have reported being molested by priests since
> 1950, according to two studies that found

> abuse involving at least 4 percent of priests, The New York Times reported on Friday. "
>
> God's way?
>
> Can you imagine the sufffering this has exponentially caused...... Of course, that study doesn't
> include the many children who have NOT reported it!
>

> (Hey CAUSers, do you think the studies were rigged?)
>
> L.
Where does it say that being "religious" = being a "Christian"?

[email protected] (Listener) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> 2-27-04

> molested by priests since 1950, according to two studies that found

> abuse involving at least 4 percent of priests, The New York Times reported on Friday. "<<<<<<<<<

They are not Christian's, they are simply manipulators of people. Paedophiles are well known to
manipulate many different routes into children's lives, even to the extent of training to be social
workers, teachers, doctors, youth workers and police. Why would the church be any different a target
than any other large organisation?

What of the parents who send their children to be guided without their hand because their own sins
have kept them away from church? Paedophiles are manipulating 'their' failings more than the
churches, because churches become very difficult places to commit crimes if they are a flurry of
family activities with plenty of adults around.

Churches grow on faith and are destroyed by lack of it, this truth is told in the Bible. The whole
family is part of the rock and foundation of the church which is built on The Word of God.

If paedophiles find their way into churches, it's the failing of man in following The Word, not
Christ's failing.

The Way of God is understanding these things.

The way of Satan is to gloat at the church for the evil in men.

Carol T

On 27 Feb 2004 18:57:01 -0800, [email protected] (LeeRand)
wrote:

>[email protected] (Listener) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> 2-27-04
>>
>> "NEW YORK (Reuters) - More than 10,600 children have reported being molested by priests since
>> 1950, according to two studies that found

>> abuse involving at least 4 percent of priests, The New York Times reported on Friday. "
>>
>> God's way?
>>
>> Can you imagine the sufffering this has exponentially caused...... Of course, that study doesn't
>> include the many children who have NOT reported it!
>>

>> (Hey CAUSers, do you think the studies were rigged?)
>>
>> L.
>Where does it say that being "religious" = being a "Christian"?

It doesn't. I meant it in the context of this ng which, from time to time, becomes populated with
kooks of that particular persuasion.

L.

"Julianne" <[email protected]> wrote in message

minors
> in the church. I can think of no excuse. However, from a different perspective, it is true that
> children are most likely to suffer harm at
the
> hand of their parents. Does this mean that all parents should be
considered
> as child abusers.
>
> I don't think that the church is as much a breeding ground for pedophiles
as
> it is an attempted refuge.

attempted refuge.

I suspect that many of these men are so
> horrified by their desires that the seek a celibate life.

desire to molest children, then they would seek medical help, not become a priest where their
desires could be more easily satisfied, this would be a conscious decision for them. A reforming
acoholic would not seek employment as a barman.

Like the rest of

of

> means harming someone.
>
> So the numbers of pedophiles does not surprise me. What does disappoint
me
> enormously is the past unwillingness of the church to openly address these issues. As far as I
> know (or have read or heard), these issues weren't
even
> addressed internally in the form of education, provision counseling, therapy, etc. Going back to
> my contention that many of the offenders originally sought refuge in the church because they felt
> a celibate life would have protected them and children, it seems reasonable that this variety of
> pedophile would have been more likely to seek pre-emptive help for overwhelming urges.

> I saw a documentary once on the Discovery Channel. There is a
psychiatrist
> in Boston who treats would be pedophiles. He uses chemical sterilization with hormones. The
> problem is that treatment is more suitable for non-offenders.

they would be sent to prison

Once a person crosses the line and actually molests a child,
> they are a criminal. It is rare for someone to seek help prior to that first occasion, according
> to the documentary. However, when they do, treatment is generally successful. If the Catholic
> Church axed celibacy, it might help the problem within the church

but I don't think the overall total number of pedophiles would
> decrease.

except by chemical castration maybe. Perhaps a law to have all offending pedophile chemically
castrated?

As a Catholic I have strong feelings about the church but I
> assure you that not all of them are in favor of the world's largest institution. The reason for
> celibacy is essentially to keep the wealth of the church within the church. Wives and babies need
> to be supported. Property is willed to offspring and survivors. The death of a priest
might
> allow his wife to have legal claim of some of the church wealth. Women, capable of producing
> offspring, are also not allowed to become ordained. Heaven forbid the Vatican would have to sell
> some of it's art to pay off
art
> to support large families.

I wonder if they have read: (Matthew 19:16-21. See also Luke 12:33)

> But, I also live in a community where there are so many good practicing Catholics who have
> fully embraced charity and love as a way of life that I am continually reminded that there is
> the church, a healthy entity that controls vast wealth, and then there is millions of people
> who share a
faith
> that promotes love and goodness. Catholics are okay by me. I have issues with Vatican politics!

Smoke

> "Smoke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > A perfect breeding place for paedophiles, it's all over the news her in
> Ozz
> > at the moment as well. Here in Ozz there have been several priest prosecuted for just that, but
> > this only happened after those that were molested came forward and would
> not
> > be paid off. The church knew about what was happening and merely counselled the
> offending
> > priest's and transferred them to another parish where they were free to
do
> > it again. Most practising Christians are good people and we shouldn't allow their
> good
> > selves to be tarnished by what these priest's have done. Perhaps if the Catholic Church axed
> > celibacy things would be different? In the OT God has himself either ordered or participated
> > in some
horrific
> > events, but I can't recall any of molestation, so IMO no, it is not
"God's
> > way".
> >
> > Smoke
> >

> > "Listener" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > 2-27-04
> > >
> > > "NEW YORK (Reuters) - More than 10,600 children have reported being molested by priests since
> > > 1950, according to two studies that found

> > > abuse involving at least 4 percent of priests, The New York Times reported on Friday. "
> > >
> > > God's way?
> > >
> > > Can you imagine the sufffering this has exponentially caused...... Of course, that study
> > > doesn't include the many children who have NOT reported it!
> > >

> > > (Hey CAUSers, do you think the studies were rigged?)
> > >
> > > L.

[email protected] (Listener) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> 2-27-04
>
> "NEW YORK (Reuters) - More than 10,600 children have reported being molested by priests since
> 1950, according to two studies that found

> abuse involving at least 4 percent of priests, The New York Times reported on Friday. "
>
> God's way?

Man's way...

> Can you imagine the sufffering this has exponentially caused...... Of course, that study doesn't
> include the many children who have NOT reported it!

... the wages of sin.

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

What is all this about?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?T13943F77

Is this spam?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Listener) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > 2-27-04
> >
> > "NEW YORK (Reuters) - More than 10,600 children have reported being molested by priests since
> > 1950, according to two studies that found

> > abuse involving at least 4 percent of priests, The New York Times reported on Friday. "
> >
> > God's way?
>
> Man's way...

Er.. Your way too ? Yes, I say. A little while ago you demonstrated to S.M.C and God by accusing
someone of being a pedophile (simply because you thought it was funny) , even worse was when you
began justifying yourself. I hope you and other pedophiles rot in heaven and on earth.

> > Can you imagine the sufffering this has exponentially caused...... Of course, that study doesn't
> > include the many children who have NOT reported it!
>
> ... the wages of sin.

STFU chinese retard! This ain't Sci Med China.. so fark off!