To The Trough , a parable on how to hire someone

BillyBlass

May 10, 2005
Naima Kradjian: Jim! (Jim Thomas), holy ****, the election is nearing and I do not have a campaign manager!. What should I do?

Jim: Naima, put down that drumstick and phone up an employment agency.

Naima: Jim, that will cost me too much. Can you suggest something else?

Jim: OK, throw normal hiring procedures into the shredder and grab that globe of the earth in the corner.

Naima: Now what?

Jim: Spin it, close your eyes and put your finger on it. Where ever it stops on, is where your future subordinate will come from.

Naima: OK..........spin...........It landed on..........St. Anicet....Quebec? What the f**k is a Quebec.

Jim: Does not matter. Now Google Anicet, unqualified, unemployed. It will take you no more than 15 minutes.

Naima: Really!? Emmm....Comes up with Ed Arzouian. Something to do with guns, drugs & cops.

Jim: Perfect fit for our crime ridden community.

Naima: OK, if he takes the job & I do not win, he would be ******. We need to offer him something long term.

Jim: No problem. If you lose, offer him a job at that sh*thole theatre or have him do some volunteer work for Tom. Pay him through the non-profit routes if you know what I mean *cough* *cough*

Naima: *wink* *wink*

Naima: GOOD NEWS! This Ed guy is available. He was about to take over CCA, whatever that is?. Damn, our timing is good. And to except the job out of the blue. Are we lucky or what?

Jim: You do not know how lucky you are!

Or how about this. Apologies to George Lucas.

THOMAS: Power! Unlimited power!

His face has changed into a horrible mask of evil. ARZOUIAN looks on in horror. THOMAS cackles.

ARZOUIAN: What have I done?

ARZOUIAN sits.

THOMAS: You are fulfilling your destiny, Arzouian. Become my apprentice. Learn to use the dark side of the Force.

ARZOUIAN: I will do whatever you ask.

THOMAS: Good.

ARZOUIAN: Just help me save Naima's life. I can't live without her, let alone make rent. I won't let her die. I want the power to stop death.

THOMAS: To cheat death is a power only LIBOUS has achieved, but if we work together, I know we can discover the secret.

ARZOUIAN kneels before THOMAS.

ARZOUIAN: I pledge myself to your teachings. To the ways of the Elephant.

THOMAS: Good. Good. The Force is strong with you. A powerful Elephant you will become. Henceforth, you shall be known as Darth . . . Edvain.

ARZOUIAN: Thank you. my Master.

THOMAS: Rise, Darth Edvain. Rise, and take this check, but don't cash it before Tuesday next, would you?