To the wives of WW

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Charlie, Mar 6, 2004.

  1. Charlie

    Charlie Guest

    From my meetings: Ladies that do not have a supporting
    cast, mostly the husband does not offer support, do not
    worry there is always someone that will support. There is
    at least 50% of my group that has this problem and the
    husband does not support them when needed. Even if you
    hubby will not admit it or help, he is really glad you are
    doing it. Think of it as one pound taken off is another
    year in a loving marriage. I tell them this all the time
    and try to help them.

    Charlie

    Tags:

  2. Richard

    Richard Guest

    On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 07:47:51 -0500, "Charlie" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >From my meetings: Ladies that do not have a supporting
    >cast, mostly the husband does not offer support, do not
    >worry there is always someone that will support. There is
    >at least 50% of my group that has this problem and the
    >husband does not support them when needed. Even if you
    >hubby will not admit it or help, he is really glad you are
    >doing it. Think of it as one pound taken off is another
    >year in a loving marriage. I tell them this all the time
    >and try to help them.

    I'm lucky to have a very supporting wife. She makes me all
    the zero point soup and helps me make good choices.

    --
    Richard Since 1938
    250/240/177

  3. Laura

    Laura Guest

    I agree with you 100%. If my husband did not support me and
    was willing to make the low cal meals (he cooks dinners)
    then I would be in trouble. I have even "trained" him to
    weigh and measure my food.

    "Charlie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > From my meetings: Ladies that do not have a supporting
    > cast, mostly the husband does not
    offer
    > support, do not worry there is always someone that will
    > support. There is at least 50% of my group that has this
    > problem and the husband does not support them when needed.
    > Even if you hubby will not admit it or help, he is really
    > glad you are doing it. Think of it as one pound taken off
    > is another year in a loving marriage. I tell them this all
    > the time and try
    > help them.
    >
    > Charlie

  4. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Nice post Charlie. I do have to say that probably 99% of the
    time my hub was very supportive, I was lucky. But there were
    (and still are) those occassions that I swear he is trying
    to kill me. <G> Takes his mom grocery shopping on the
    weekend and comes into the house with all kinds of goodies
    for me. *look hon, I bought you this wonderful chocolate
    cake you like ... a dozen hug gourmet cookies you loved ...
    it's only a small bag of chocolate candy, but it was a
    bargain ... I bought you a large frosty for later this
    evening, it's in the freezer for you .... can we bring in
    greasy burgers for dinner (or pizza, or hotdogs)" . hehehe
    And usually all these things happen within the same week.
    But ya know what, I still love the man. <G>

    I know he was proud of me all the way through, smiled
    brighter than I did whenever anyone mentioned my weightloss
    ... and still is and does. BUT ... I'm not too sure I want
    to look forward to another 97 years (1 pound = 1 additional
    year). <grin>

    Joyce

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >From my meetings: Ladies that do not have a supporting
    >cast, mostly the husband does not offer support, do not
    >worry there is always someone that will support. There is
    >at least 50% of my group that has this problem and the
    >husband does not support them when needed. Even if you
    >hubby will not admit it or help, he is really glad you are
    >doing it. Think of it as one pound taken off is another
    >year in a loving marriage. I tell them this all the time
    >and try to help them.
    >
    >Charlie

  5. I am very blessed with a supportive DH, Lee
    Charlie <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > From my meetings: Ladies that do not have a supporting
    > cast, mostly the husband does not
    offer
    > support, do not worry there is always someone that will
    > support. There is at least 50% of my group that has this
    > problem and the husband does not support them when needed.
    > Even if you hubby will not admit it or help, he is really
    > glad you are doing it. Think of it as one pound taken off
    > is another year in a loving marriage. I tell them this all
    > the time and try
    > help them.
    >
    > Charlie

  6. My parents have been married for 48 years, I am 44, I am not sure I can
    stand myself for that amount of time let alone someone else, and I have the
    perfect DH, Lee
    Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Nice post Charlie. I do have to say that probably 99% of
    > the time my hub
    was very
    > supportive, I was lucky. But there were (and still are)
    > those occassions
    that I
    > swear he is trying to kill me. <G> Takes his mom grocery
    > shopping on the
    weekend
    > and comes into the house with all kinds of goodies for me.
    > *look hon, I
    bought
    > you this wonderful chocolate cake you like ... a dozen hug
    > gourmet cookies
    you
    > loved ... it's only a small bag of chocolate candy, but it
    > was a bargain
    ... I
    > bought you a large frosty for later this evening, it's in
    > the freezer for
    you ....
    > can we bring in greasy burgers for dinner (or pizza, or
    > hotdogs)" .
    hehehe And
    > usually all these things happen within the same week. But
    > ya know what, I
    still
    > love the man. <G>
    >
    > I know he was proud of me all the way through, smiled
    > brighter than I did
    whenever
    > anyone mentioned my weightloss ... and still is and does.
    > BUT ... I'm not
    too
    > sure I want to look forward to another 97 years (1 pound =
    > 1 additional
    year).
    > <grin>
    >
    > Joyce
    >
    > On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 07:47:51 -0500, "Charlie"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >From my meetings: Ladies that do not have a supporting
    > >cast, mostly the husband does not
    offer
    > >support, do not worry there is always someone that will
    > >support. There
    is
    > >at least 50% of my group that has this problem and the
    > >husband does not support them when needed. Even if you
    > >hubby will not admit it or help,
    he
    > >is really glad you are doing it. Think of it as one pound
    > >taken off is another year in a loving marriage. I tell
    > >them this all the time and try
    > >help them.
    > >
    > >Charlie

  7. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Aww Charlie, that's really sweet of you to say. Thank you.

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/235.4/172