ToC San Jose road stage

Mark Fennell

Guest
Can anyone confirm that the San Jose road stage in the Tour of California
will go over Palomeres and Calaveras Rds, and then loop back up Sierra Rd.
before finishing in SJ? If so, that last climb up Sierra will make some good
time gaps as it is wickedly steep. It probably averages 10% for three miles,
with some parts much steeper.

Casey Kerrigan wrote:

>In article <B1ezf.10669$eR.5898@fed1read03>, Mark Fennell
><[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/map.html now has the detailed route
>>maps and elevation charts.
>>

>All right on stage 2 the race will pass within 5 miles of my house. I
>just might have to go up the hill and see the race at the top of S.
>Pinehurst road.

Alhambra from Martinez, Pig Farm from the east, 2 of the Bears, Happy
Valley, Palomares, Niles, Calaveras, Finish at Guadalupe River Park in
San Jose.

"Mark Fennell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Can anyone confirm that the San Jose road stage in the Tour of California
> will go over Palomeres and Calaveras Rds, and then loop back up Sierra Rd.
> before finishing in SJ? If so, that last climb up Sierra will make some
> good time gaps as it is wickedly steep. It probably averages 10% for three
> miles, with some parts much steeper.

This was apparently relayed to our club President from somewhere.

If this is true the climb UP Sierra Grade will kill those who aren't Euro
Pros. That could make time differences greater than allowed and disqualify a
LOT of people.

Especially if we see them going up Sierra in their big rings.

"Booker C. Bense"
<[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> I'd go watch, but I think it would be just too depressing to see
> how fast they go over some of my favorite climbs.

"Brian Phillips" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Especially if we see them going up Sierra in their big rings.
>
> "Booker C. Bense"
> <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]...
>> I'd go watch, but I think it would be just too depressing to see
>> how fast they go over some of my favorite climbs.

NO ONE is going up Sierra Grade in the big ring. Even Jobst has to shift
into the small ring.