Today I are been mainly singing...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Just zis Guy, you know?, Sep 9, 2004.

  1. (and with apologies to M Flanders, D Swann and WA Mozart)

    I once had a whim and I had to obey it
    To build up a fixer from second-hand stock
    I molished it up and I started to ride it
    In spite of the missus who begged me to stop

    "you'll blow your knees, and anyway what do you want it for
    Ascent's a breeze, but on the downhill you'll fall off!"

    No freewheeling sound
    As the wheels go round
    And then you forget and hit the ground!

    Oh the hours I had to spend
    Before I mastered it in the end!

    But that was yesterday and just today I had a most terrible shock
    There was the lock but the bike itself was missing

    Oh where can it have gone?
    Haven't you, hasn't anyone seen my fixed?
    Oh where can it have gone?
    What a blow! Now I know
    I'm unable to ride with Club Velo!

    Who swiped my bike?
    I'll bet you a quid
    Somebody did
    Knowing I'd built up a fixer and wanted to ride it
    Afraid of my talent and awed at my form
    For early today to my utter dismay
    It had vanished away like the dew in the morn

    I've lost that fixed, I know I was riding it yesterday
    I've lost that fixed, lost that fixed, found that fixed… nicked!
    There's not much hope of getting it back though I'd willingly pay a
    reward.

    I know some hearty folk whose party joke's pretending to ride with the
    tour
    Gone away! Gone away! Was it one of them took it away?
    Will you kindly return that bike
    Where ifs the devil who pinched my bike

    I shall tell the police! I want that fixer back
    I miss its track stands more and more and more
    With a freewheel cycling has much less appeal

    I built up a fixer I wanted to ride it
    Displaying my power when riding uphill
    But early today to my utter dismay it had totally vanished away
    I trained on the turbo and wanted to ride it but somebody took it away
    I trained on the turbo and was longing to ride it but somebody took it
    away

    My clubmate's on his Galaxy
    I'll soon make him look up to me
    I'll take up the uni, you'll see!

    Guy
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

  2. Sue

    Sue Guest

    In message <[email protected]>, "Just zis Guy,
    you know?" <[email protected]> writes

    >Oh where can it have gone?
    >Haven't you, hasn't anyone seen my fixed?
    >Oh where can it have gone?
    >What a blow! Now I know
    >I'm unable to ride with Club Velo!

    Are you serious? They'll be stealing unicycles next!

    --
    Sue ]8:))

  3. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Sue wrote:
    > Are you serious? They'll be stealing unicycles next!

    A few years ago some friends of mine had 4 Cokers stolen from outside
    the pub, all locked together, a few days before one of them was due to
    take part in a charity ride across Minnesota. They reckoned the thieves
    were really after the 2 mountain bikes that they were also locked to:
    <URL:http://tinyurl.com/4q2kw>

    Then there was the case of two very expensive Munis being stolen from a
    car. They were eventually recovered when someone took them to a bike
    shop to have the cranks removed - he didn't have the tool to do it
    himself. The owner had already given descriptions to all the local bike
    shops:
    <URL:http://tinyurl.com/5fst7>
    <URL:http://tinyurl.com/4xz3r>

    There have been others, but those are the ones that stick in my memory.
    And the one that was stolen from the Crawley juggling convention in
    1994. I remember that one because I happened to be in the pub with the
    owner at the time that it was stolen.

  4. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    On 9/9/04 8:26 pm, in article [email protected],
    "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > (and with apologies to M Flanders, D Swann and WA Mozart)

    I need a new keyboard, once I have dried the tea off this one...

    Soon to be released, the new album 'At the drop of another helmet' featuring
    the best songs of Uk.rec.cycling...

    ...d