Today I are been mainly singing...

Just zis Guy, you know?

Guest
(and with apologies to M Flanders, D Swann and WA Mozart)

I once had a whim and I had to obey it
To build up a fixer from second-hand stock
I molished it up and I started to ride it
In spite of the missus who begged me to stop

"you'll blow your knees, and anyway what do you want it for
Ascent's a breeze, but on the downhill you'll fall off!"

No freewheeling sound
As the wheels go round
And then you forget and hit the ground!

Oh the hours I had to spend
Before I mastered it in the end!

But that was yesterday and just today I had a most terrible shock
There was the lock but the bike itself was missing

Oh where can it have gone?
Haven't you, hasn't anyone seen my fixed?
Oh where can it have gone?
What a blow! Now I know
I'm unable to ride with Club Velo!

Who swiped my bike?
I'll bet you a quid
Somebody did
Knowing I'd built up a fixer and wanted to ride it
Afraid of my talent and awed at my form
For early today to my utter dismay
It had vanished away like the dew in the morn

I've lost that fixed, I know I was riding it yesterday
I've lost that fixed, lost that fixed, found that fixed… nicked!
There's not much hope of getting it back though I'd willingly pay a
reward.

I know some hearty folk whose party joke's pretending to ride with the
tour
Gone away! Gone away! Was it one of them took it away?
Will you kindly return that bike
Where ifs the devil who pinched my bike

I shall tell the police! I want that fixer back
I miss its track stands more and more and more
With a freewheel cycling has much less appeal

I built up a fixer I wanted to ride it
Displaying my power when riding uphill
But early today to my utter dismay it had totally vanished away
I trained on the turbo and wanted to ride it but somebody took it away
I trained on the turbo and was longing to ride it but somebody took it
away

My clubmate's on his Galaxy
I'll soon make him look up to me
I'll take up the uni, you'll see!

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

In message <[email protected]>, "Just zis Guy,
you know?" <[email protected]> writes

>Oh where can it have gone?
>Haven't you, hasn't anyone seen my fixed?
>Oh where can it have gone?
>What a blow! Now I know
>I'm unable to ride with Club Velo!

Are you serious? They'll be stealing unicycles next!

--
Sue ]8:))

Sue wrote:
> Are you serious? They'll be stealing unicycles next!

A few years ago some friends of mine had 4 Cokers stolen from outside
the pub, all locked together, a few days before one of them was due to
take part in a charity ride across Minnesota. They reckoned the thieves
were really after the 2 mountain bikes that they were also locked to:
<URL:http://tinyurl.com/4q2kw>

Then there was the case of two very expensive Munis being stolen from a
car. They were eventually recovered when someone took them to a bike
shop to have the cranks removed - he didn't have the tool to do it
himself. The owner had already given descriptions to all the local bike
shops:
<URL:http://tinyurl.com/5fst7>
<URL:http://tinyurl.com/4xz3r>

There have been others, but those are the ones that stick in my memory.
And the one that was stolen from the Crawley juggling convention in
1994. I remember that one because I happened to be in the pub with the
owner at the time that it was stolen.

On 9/9/04 8:26 pm, in article [email protected],
"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

> (and with apologies to M Flanders, D Swann and WA Mozart)

I need a new keyboard, once I have dried the tea off this one...

Soon to be released, the new album 'At the drop of another helmet' featuring
the best songs of Uk.rec.cycling...

...d