Today I have been mostly....

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 21:10:41 +0100, [email protected] (Carol Hague)
wrote:

>Ambrose Nankivell <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> Lots of banks let you take money out effortlessly at the post office
>> counter. Can't remember the exact ones, but I know Lloyds TSB's among them.

>Thanks for that, but I bank with First Direct, which is part of the
>*other* bank bunch :)

I've seen notices in small post offices asking us First Direct (and
other banks) customers to write to our banks to get them to get their
act together so cash can be got out at said post offices like
customers normal banks.

>Rob had a Lloyds account when he first started work. They gave us no end
>of hassle a few years later and we both told them where to go and moved
>to First Direct, who have been pretty good as banks go.

Apart from thne post office thing, I'd agree.

Tim
--
For those who have trouble distinguishing, cynicsm, sarcasm, humour etc,
try mentally inserting smilies thoughout my post until it either

(Jon Senior urc)

in message <1gfuqm5.jp9ycntfpxu6N%[email protected]>, Carol Hague
('[email protected]') wrote:

> Ambrose Nankivell <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> In news:1gfuinc.17faizjf2oslzN%[email protected],
>> Carol Hague <[email protected]> typed:
>> > Simon Mason <[email protected]> wrote:

> <snip>

>> > Yes, but there isn't a bank there and I needed to get some cash
>> > from the machine to pay for the parcel. Newport's on a less
>> > pleasant route too - I very rarely go there at all.

>> Lots of banks let you take money out effortlessly at the post office
>> counter. Can't remember the exact ones, but I know Lloyds TSB's among
>> them.

> Thanks for that, but I bank with First Direct, which is part of the
> *other* bank bunch :)

You can draw out money from any First Direct account at any post office
counter, and I'm pretty sure it's free.

Simon Brooke <[email protected]> wrote:

> You can draw out money from any First Direct account at any post office
> counter, and I'm pretty sure it's free.

Thanks, I'll look into that - I understood it was just the
Lloyds/TSB/Bank of Scotland group.

--
Carol
"Nothing is so virtuous as a bicycle."

Carol Hague wrote:
> Simon Brooke <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> You can draw out money from any First Direct account at any post
>> office counter, and I'm pretty sure it's free.

> Thanks, I'll look into that - I understood it was just the
> Lloyds/TSB/Bank of Scotland group.

I know for a fact that Barclays customers can withdraw (and deposit) money
via the Post Office.

HTH

--
Patrick Mullin,

Email <first name> at AuroraDigitalis dot com