Today, on Semi-Homade...

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Ubiquitous, Jun 27, 2005.

  1. Ubiquitous

    Ubiquitous Guest

    http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_sh/episode/0,1976,FOOD_14521_38741,0
    0.html:

    Black Tie
    Sandra makes Chive Roasted Potatoes, Herb Salt Crusted
    Prime Rib with Goat Cheese Polenta and Champagne Cakes.
    And tops it all off with a Crystal Cocktail .

    I guess SLop is skipping the multiple seasoning packets and just applying
    the salt directly to her concoctions now. Will she serve it with the
    crust still attached? Also, that crystal cocktail is made with eggnogg.
    WTF?

    Tags:

  2. Tam

    Tam Guest

    Ubiquitous wrote:
    > http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_sh/episode/0,1976,FOOD_14521_38741,0
    > 0.html:
    >
    > Black Tie
    > Sandra makes Chive Roasted Potatoes, Herb Salt Crusted
    > Prime Rib with Goat Cheese Polenta and Champagne Cakes.
    > And tops it all off with a Crystal Cocktail .
    >
    > I guess SLop is skipping the multiple seasoning packets and just applying
    > the salt directly to her concoctions now. Will she serve it with the
    > crust still attached? Also, that crystal cocktail is made with eggnogg.
    > WTF?

    Well, I have to give her credit for one thing -- after just reading
    about, let alone actually witnessing the creation of, these culinary
    delights, my appetite is shot.

    The pounds are melting off.

    Thanks, SLop!

    (Would this be considered literally laughing your ass off?)

  3. Tam

    Tam Guest

  4. Ubiquitous <[email protected]> writes:

    >crust still attached? Also, that crystal cocktail is made with eggnogg.
    >WTF?

    OK, that is so disgusting that it gave me goosebumps. This show is
    like a train wreck.

    Stacia

  5. Ubiquitous <[email protected]> writes:

    >crust still attached? Also, that crystal cocktail is made with eggnogg.
    >WTF?

    OK, that is so disgusting that it gave me goosebumps. This show is
    like a train wreck.

    Stacia

  6. <<And tops it all off with a Crystal Cocktail .>>

    You gotta give her credit though...she has a cocktail for every event
    meal she prepares...I swear if it's a kid's birthday party, she'll
    prepare cotton candy cocktails for the adults.

    Billie...not sure if it's a good thing or not.

  7. On 27 Jun 2005 15:15:56 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

    ><<And tops it all off with a Crystal Cocktail .>>
    >
    >You gotta give her credit though...she has a cocktail for every event
    >meal she prepares...I swear if it's a kid's birthday party, she'll
    >prepare cotton candy cocktails for the adults.
    >
    >Billie...not sure if it's a good thing or not.

    It's probably the main reason Miss Stepanie likes the sleep overs.
    After Aunt Sandy gets drunk and passes out, she has the whole house to
    herself.

    pepsi

  8. Ubiquitous wrote:
    > http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_sh/episode/0,1976,FOOD_14521_38741,0
    > 0.html:
    >
    > Black Tie
    > Sandra makes Chive Roasted Potatoes, Herb Salt Crusted
    > Prime Rib with Goat Cheese Polenta and Champagne Cakes.
    > And tops it all off with a Crystal Cocktail .
    >
    > I guess SLop is skipping the multiple seasoning packets and just applying
    > the salt directly to her concoctions now. Will she serve it with the
    > crust still attached? Also, that crystal cocktail is made with eggnogg.
    > WTF?

    Will she use the dreaded canned potatoes again?

  9. Ubiquitous

    Ubiquitous Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    >Ubiquitous wrote:

    >> I guess SLop is skipping the multiple seasoning packets and just applying
    >> the salt directly to her concoctions now. Will she serve it with the
    >> crust still attached? Also, that crystal cocktail is made with eggnogg.
    >> WTF?

    >Will she use the dreaded canned potatoes again?

    No, but we did learn why she uses those damn seasoning packets instead
    of the real thing -- they're too expensive! Gigahuh?

    ISLAM: Winning the hearts and minds of the world, one bomb at a time.

  10. Lisa

    Lisa Guest

    "Cook's note: Do not use a metal spoon for the caviar" shown at the end of
    the potatoes recipe.

    First of all, what idiot is going to serve freakin caviar with potatoes??
    Second, someone certainly has a sense of humor at the FN. SLop is NOT a
    cook.

    I'm not sure who told her how to season potatoes with fresh herbs, but 2
    Tbsp of fresh chives isn't going to season, let alone flavor 2 pounds of
    potatoes. At 400 degrees, those "fresh herbs" are going to burn.

    I don't mind people being creative. I don't mind that the FN sees fit to
    show this idiot. I don't mind that SLop is more for silly entertainment
    than actual learning or unique recipes. I do mind that she is being passed
    off as some sort of expert. IDIOTS!!!

    I have been doing semi-homemade cooking since the 7th grade. (As most of us
    probably have!) NOT once have I ever put taco seasoning on french fries so
    people won't use too much ketchup.

    Champagne Cake??? Is she even remotely educated enough to know that the
    average person isn't going to fork over the mulah to purchase champagne to
    put in a cake mix??? Hell, if I'm going to spend that kind of money, I'm
    drinkin the whole damn bottle!! I certainly am not going to add one drop to
    a cake mix!!!

    Then again, she can't do a show without her booze!! See Crystal Cocktail.
    Anymore booze in that & you'll be able to embalm a person. (Hey! That
    explains the bug-eyed look she always has!)

    Stay tuned for more idiocrity and Jerry Springeresque entertainment from the
    one and only SLop.

    MB

    "Ubiquitous" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_sh/episode/0,1976,FOOD_14521_38741,0
    > 0.html:
    >
    > Black Tie
    > Sandra makes Chive Roasted Potatoes, Herb Salt Crusted
    > Prime Rib with Goat Cheese Polenta and Champagne Cakes.
    > And tops it all off with a Crystal Cocktail .
    >
    > I guess SLop is skipping the multiple seasoning packets and just applying
    > the salt directly to her concoctions now. Will she serve it with the
    > crust still attached? Also, that crystal cocktail is made with eggnogg.
    > WTF?

  11. ANIM8Rfsk

    ANIM8Rfsk Guest

    in article [email protected]_s72, Lisa at [email protected] wrote
    on 6/28/05 2:24 PM:

    > First of all, what idiot is going to serve freakin caviar with potatoes??

    Google turns up more than 100,000 hits for "caviar with potatoes" -- lots
    and lots and lots of recipes, starting with Emeril.

  12. Ubiquitous

    Ubiquitous Guest

    In article <[email protected]_s72>, [email protected] wrote:

    >Stay tuned for more idiocrity and Jerry Springeresque entertainment from the
    >one and only SLop.

    Would potato "strips" be cooked after two minutes at 450 degrees?

    I have never heard of not using metal with one's caviar. Is it true, or is she
    too dim to realize it's the cheap caviar she bought?

    Does worstechire sauce come in wine bottles?

    Packets of ranch dressing are less expensive than the real herbs in SLop's
    world, apparently.

    She tried to use a knife to crack the salt shell, then ends up using Brycer's
    stupid toy rolling pin.

    What purpose does a salt crust serve? I am skeptical about it seasoning the
    meat inside...

    Did that meat look extra rare?

    --
    WARNING!!!
    Use of these recipes may be hazardous to your health, food budget,

  13. ANIM8Rfsk

    ANIM8Rfsk Guest

    in article [email protected], Ubiquitous at

    > Would potato "strips" be cooked after two minutes at 450 degrees?

    If they were paper thin. If it was a broiler it would help too.

  14. Seth Goodman

    Seth Goodman Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, on Tue, 28 Jun 2005
    20:12:50 -0400, Ubiquitous wrote:

    > I have never heard of not using metal with one's caviar. Is it true, or is she
    > too dim to realize it's the cheap caviar she bought?

    It's true. Traditionally, a mother-of-pearl spoon is used.

    --
    Seth Goodman

  15. Nick

    Nick Guest

    Ubiquitous wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]_s72>, [email protected]
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Stay tuned for more idiocrity and Jerry Springeresque
    >> entertainment from the one and only SLop.

    > Would potato "strips" be cooked after two minutes at 450 degrees?
    >
    > I have never heard of not using metal with one's caviar. Is it
    > true, or is she too dim to realize it's the cheap caviar she
    > bought?
    >
    > Does worstechire sauce come in wine bottles?
    >
    > Packets of ranch dressing are less expensive than the real herbs
    > in SLop's world, apparently.

    You have to remember that she shops at a place that sells strawberry
    juice and individually wrapped preseparated egg whites.

    > What purpose does a salt crust serve? I am skeptical about it
    > seasoning the meat inside...

    This is not unusual, I have seen Alton do it with fish.

  16. Tam

    Tam Guest

    Ubiquitous wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]_s72>, [email protected] wrote:
    >

    >>Stay tuned for more idiocrity and Jerry Springeresque entertainment from the
    >>one and only SLop.

    > Did that meat look extra rare?

    Well, it looked like it still belonged on the kill floor . . .

  17. "Lisa" <[email protected]> writes:

    >First of all, what idiot is going to serve freakin caviar with potatoes??

    I think Iron Chef once had a contestant with a recipe of very rich
    mashed potatoes with a spoon of caviar on top. It also probably had
    foie gras and lobster.

    >Then again, she can't do a show without her booze!! See Crystal Cocktail.

    The one recipe I got from her was for a quick tiramisu -- a Kahlua
    tiramisu. NOW I KNOW.

    Stacia

  18. ANIM8Rfsk

    ANIM8Rfsk Guest

    in article [email protected], Glitter Ninja at

    > "Lisa" <[email protected]> writes:
    >
    >> First of all, what idiot is going to serve freakin caviar with potatoes??

    > I think Iron Chef once had a contestant with a recipe of very rich
    > mashed potatoes with a spoon of caviar on top. It also probably had
    > foie gras and lobster.
    >
    >> Then again, she can't do a show without her booze!! See Crystal Cocktail.

    > The one recipe I got from her was for a quick tiramisu -- a Kahlua
    > tiramisu. NOW I KNOW.

    Albertson's sends out coupons and such based on what you buy. They just
    sent me a postcard with a recipe for Ensure tiramisu.

    I mean - wtf?

    It does seem like a potential theme for SOMEBODY at Food Network though.

  19. trotsky

    trotsky Guest

    Ubiquitous wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]_s72>, [email protected] wrote:
    >

    >>Stay tuned for more idiocrity and Jerry Springeresque entertainment from the
    >>one and only SLop.

    > Would potato "strips" be cooked after two minutes at 450 degrees?
    >
    > I have never heard of not using metal with one's caviar. Is it true, or is she
    > too dim to realize it's the cheap caviar she bought?
    >
    > Does worstechire

    What?

  20. ANIM8Rfsk <[email protected]> writes:

    >Albertson's sends out coupons and such based on what you buy. They just
    >sent me a postcard with a recipe for Ensure tiramisu.

    >I mean - wtf?

    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA *cough*cough*. Sorry, man, that's messed up. I
    suppose you soak the cookies in Ensure? That's as gross as the
    sparkling eggnog cocktail.

    Stacia