Today, on Semi-Homade...

Ubiquitous

Guest
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_sh/episode/0,1976,FOOD_14521_38741,0
0.html:

Black Tie
Sandra makes Chive Roasted Potatoes, Herb Salt Crusted
Prime Rib with Goat Cheese Polenta and Champagne Cakes.
And tops it all off with a Crystal Cocktail .

I guess SLop is skipping the multiple seasoning packets and just applying
the salt directly to her concoctions now. Will she serve it with the
crust still attached? Also, that crystal cocktail is made with eggnogg.
WTF?

Ubiquitous wrote:
> http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_sh/episode/0,1976,FOOD_14521_38741,0
> 0.html:
>
> Black Tie
> Sandra makes Chive Roasted Potatoes, Herb Salt Crusted
> Prime Rib with Goat Cheese Polenta and Champagne Cakes.
> And tops it all off with a Crystal Cocktail .
>
> I guess SLop is skipping the multiple seasoning packets and just applying
> the salt directly to her concoctions now. Will she serve it with the
> crust still attached? Also, that crystal cocktail is made with eggnogg.
> WTF?

Well, I have to give her credit for one thing -- after just reading
about, let alone actually witnessing the creation of, these culinary
delights, my appetite is shot.

The pounds are melting off.

Thanks, SLop!

(Would this be considered literally laughing your ass off?)

Ubiquitous <[email protected]> writes:

>crust still attached? Also, that crystal cocktail is made with eggnogg.
>WTF?

OK, that is so disgusting that it gave me goosebumps. This show is
like a train wreck.

Stacia

Ubiquitous <[email protected]> writes:

>crust still attached? Also, that crystal cocktail is made with eggnogg.
>WTF?

OK, that is so disgusting that it gave me goosebumps. This show is
like a train wreck.

Stacia

<<And tops it all off with a Crystal Cocktail .>>

You gotta give her credit though...she has a cocktail for every event
meal she prepares...I swear if it's a kid's birthday party, she'll
prepare cotton candy cocktails for the adults.

Billie...not sure if it's a good thing or not.

On 27 Jun 2005 15:15:56 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

><<And tops it all off with a Crystal Cocktail .>>
>
>You gotta give her credit though...she has a cocktail for every event
>meal she prepares...I swear if it's a kid's birthday party, she'll
>prepare cotton candy cocktails for the adults.
>
>Billie...not sure if it's a good thing or not.

It's probably the main reason Miss Stepanie likes the sleep overs.
After Aunt Sandy gets drunk and passes out, she has the whole house to
herself.

pepsi

Ubiquitous wrote:
> http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_sh/episode/0,1976,FOOD_14521_38741,0
> 0.html:
>
> Black Tie
> Sandra makes Chive Roasted Potatoes, Herb Salt Crusted
> Prime Rib with Goat Cheese Polenta and Champagne Cakes.
> And tops it all off with a Crystal Cocktail .
>
> I guess SLop is skipping the multiple seasoning packets and just applying
> the salt directly to her concoctions now. Will she serve it with the
> crust still attached? Also, that crystal cocktail is made with eggnogg.
> WTF?

Will she use the dreaded canned potatoes again?

[email protected] wrote:
>Ubiquitous wrote:

>> I guess SLop is skipping the multiple seasoning packets and just applying
>> the salt directly to her concoctions now. Will she serve it with the
>> crust still attached? Also, that crystal cocktail is made with eggnogg.
>> WTF?

>Will she use the dreaded canned potatoes again?

No, but we did learn why she uses those damn seasoning packets instead
of the real thing -- they're too expensive! Gigahuh?

ISLAM: Winning the hearts and minds of the world, one bomb at a time.

"Cook's note: Do not use a metal spoon for the caviar" shown at the end of
the potatoes recipe.

First of all, what idiot is going to serve freakin caviar with potatoes??
Second, someone certainly has a sense of humor at the FN. SLop is NOT a
cook.

I'm not sure who told her how to season potatoes with fresh herbs, but 2
Tbsp of fresh chives isn't going to season, let alone flavor 2 pounds of
potatoes. At 400 degrees, those "fresh herbs" are going to burn.

I don't mind people being creative. I don't mind that the FN sees fit to
show this idiot. I don't mind that SLop is more for silly entertainment
than actual learning or unique recipes. I do mind that she is being passed
off as some sort of expert. IDIOTS!!!

I have been doing semi-homemade cooking since the 7th grade. (As most of us
probably have!) NOT once have I ever put taco seasoning on french fries so
people won't use too much ketchup.

Champagne Cake??? Is she even remotely educated enough to know that the
average person isn't going to fork over the mulah to purchase champagne to
put in a cake mix??? Hell, if I'm going to spend that kind of money, I'm
drinkin the whole damn bottle!! I certainly am not going to add one drop to
a cake mix!!!

Then again, she can't do a show without her booze!! See Crystal Cocktail.
Anymore booze in that & you'll be able to embalm a person. (Hey! That
explains the bug-eyed look she always has!)

Stay tuned for more idiocrity and Jerry Springeresque entertainment from the
one and only SLop.

MB

"Ubiquitous" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_sh/episode/0,1976,FOOD_14521_38741,0
> 0.html:
>
> Black Tie
> Sandra makes Chive Roasted Potatoes, Herb Salt Crusted
> Prime Rib with Goat Cheese Polenta and Champagne Cakes.
> And tops it all off with a Crystal Cocktail .
>
> I guess SLop is skipping the multiple seasoning packets and just applying
> the salt directly to her concoctions now. Will she serve it with the
> crust still attached? Also, that crystal cocktail is made with eggnogg.
> WTF?

in article Vdjwe.98652$x96.37498@attbi_s72, Lisa at [email protected] wrote
on 6/28/05 2:24 PM:

> First of all, what idiot is going to serve freakin caviar with potatoes??

Google turns up more than 100,000 hits for "caviar with potatoes" -- lots
and lots and lots of recipes, starting with Emeril.

In article <Vdjwe.98652$x96.37498@attbi_s72>, [email protected] wrote:

>Stay tuned for more idiocrity and Jerry Springeresque entertainment from the
>one and only SLop.

Would potato "strips" be cooked after two minutes at 450 degrees?

I have never heard of not using metal with one's caviar. Is it true, or is she
too dim to realize it's the cheap caviar she bought?

Does worstechire sauce come in wine bottles?

Packets of ranch dressing are less expensive than the real herbs in SLop's
world, apparently.

She tried to use a knife to crack the salt shell, then ends up using Brycer's
stupid toy rolling pin.

What purpose does a salt crust serve? I am skeptical about it seasoning the
meat inside...

Did that meat look extra rare?

--
WARNING!!!
Use of these recipes may be hazardous to your health, food budget,

In article <[email protected]>, on Tue, 28 Jun 2005
20:12:50 -0400, Ubiquitous wrote:

> I have never heard of not using metal with one's caviar. Is it true, or is she
> too dim to realize it's the cheap caviar she bought?

It's true. Traditionally, a mother-of-pearl spoon is used.

--
Seth Goodman

Ubiquitous wrote:

> In article <Vdjwe.98652$x96.37498@attbi_s72>, [email protected]
> wrote:
>
>> Stay tuned for more idiocrity and Jerry Springeresque
>> entertainment from the one and only SLop.

> Would potato "strips" be cooked after two minutes at 450 degrees?
>
> I have never heard of not using metal with one's caviar. Is it
> true, or is she too dim to realize it's the cheap caviar she
> bought?
>
> Does worstechire sauce come in wine bottles?
>
> Packets of ranch dressing are less expensive than the real herbs
> in SLop's world, apparently.

You have to remember that she shops at a place that sells strawberry
juice and individually wrapped preseparated egg whites.

> What purpose does a salt crust serve? I am skeptical about it
> seasoning the meat inside...

This is not unusual, I have seen Alton do it with fish.

Ubiquitous wrote:
> In article <Vdjwe.98652$x96.37498@attbi_s72>, [email protected] wrote:
>

>>Stay tuned for more idiocrity and Jerry Springeresque entertainment from the
>>one and only SLop.

> Did that meat look extra rare?

Well, it looked like it still belonged on the kill floor . . .

"Lisa" <[email protected]> writes:

>First of all, what idiot is going to serve freakin caviar with potatoes??

I think Iron Chef once had a contestant with a recipe of very rich
mashed potatoes with a spoon of caviar on top. It also probably had
foie gras and lobster.

>Then again, she can't do a show without her booze!! See Crystal Cocktail.

The one recipe I got from her was for a quick tiramisu -- a Kahlua
tiramisu. NOW I KNOW.

Stacia

in article [email protected], Glitter Ninja at

> "Lisa" <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> First of all, what idiot is going to serve freakin caviar with potatoes??

> I think Iron Chef once had a contestant with a recipe of very rich
> mashed potatoes with a spoon of caviar on top. It also probably had
> foie gras and lobster.
>
>> Then again, she can't do a show without her booze!! See Crystal Cocktail.

> The one recipe I got from her was for a quick tiramisu -- a Kahlua
> tiramisu. NOW I KNOW.

Albertson's sends out coupons and such based on what you buy. They just
sent me a postcard with a recipe for Ensure tiramisu.

I mean - wtf?

It does seem like a potential theme for SOMEBODY at Food Network though.

Ubiquitous wrote:

> In article <Vdjwe.98652$x96.37498@attbi_s72>, [email protected] wrote:
>

>>Stay tuned for more idiocrity and Jerry Springeresque entertainment from the
>>one and only SLop.

> Would potato "strips" be cooked after two minutes at 450 degrees?
>
> I have never heard of not using metal with one's caviar. Is it true, or is she
> too dim to realize it's the cheap caviar she bought?
>
> Does worstechire

What?

ANIM8Rfsk <[email protected]> writes:

>Albertson's sends out coupons and such based on what you buy. They just
>sent me a postcard with a recipe for Ensure tiramisu.

>I mean - wtf?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA *cough*cough*. Sorry, man, that's messed up. I
suppose you soak the cookies in Ensure? That's as gross as the
sparkling eggnog cocktail.

Stacia