Today... WARNING! Non bike content

Ride-A-Lot

Guest
I don't know why. but the office was closed again today. I'm not
complaining. I took the opportunity to do some non-weekend crowd runs
at Keystone. I even got to meet some really nice people there,
including the person at the ticket area who gave me a free lift ticket.
I thanked him immensely and wished him a happy holiday.

I managed to ski every blue, including some of the steeper ones and an
occasional launching (had to tone it down since I was alone).

Great way to enjoy the mountain when you can't bike it.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/122206/IMG_5114.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/122206/IMG_5115.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/122206/IMG_5116.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/122206/IMG_5117.jpg

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> I don't know why. but the office was closed again today. I'm not
> complaining. I took the opportunity to do some non-weekend crowd runs
> at Keystone. I even got to meet some really nice people there,
> including the person at the ticket area who gave me a free lift ticket.
> I thanked him immensely and wished him a happy holiday.
>
> I managed to ski every blue, including some of the steeper ones and an
> occasional launching (had to tone it down since I was alone).
>
> Great way to enjoy the mountain when you can't bike it.
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/122206/IMG_5114.jpg
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/122206/IMG_5115.jpg
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/122206/IMG_5116.jpg
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/122206/IMG_5117.jpg
>

> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
> www.schnauzers.ws

Nice, way to make the best out of getting buried in 2 feet of new snow!

CDB

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

> I managed to ski every blue, including some of the steeper ones and an
> occasional launching (had to tone it down since I was alone).

Where's the POW?

and get a board before you waste your knees!
You know, they don't call them "dicks on sticks" for nothin!

CowPunk wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>> I managed to ski every blue, including some of the steeper ones and an
>> occasional launching (had to tone it down since I was alone).

> Where's the POW?
>
> and get a board before you waste your knees!
> You know, they don't call them "dicks on sticks" for nothin!

OK. My turn.

WTF is POW?

Snowboarding is for punks. Damn kids are always getting in my way or
scraping everything up. Almost had a run-in with one of those
screwballs today. Sign said, "No Air!" and he nearly flies into my head
four feet off the ground.

My knees are just fine. I'm no double black diamond skier.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

> OK. My turn.
>
> WTF is POW?
>
> Snowboarding is for punks. Damn kids are always getting in my way or
> scraping everything up. Almost had a run-in with one of those
> screwballs today. Sign said, "No Air!" and he nearly flies into my head
> four feet off the ground.

bro, not trying to flame. a single speed guy like yourself mixed
amongst us "new age" full speed types.... just giving you a jab! :)

Happy Hanukkah my Man! Life is Good....

> My knees are just fine. I'm no double black diamond skier.

> WTF is POW?

POWDER

what good is fresh powder if they drive over it and groom it with a
snowcat?

and the guy who taught me to board with was in his 50's, 15 years
ago...
hiking into the back bowls is a winter workout.

CowPunk wrote:
>> WTF is POW?

> POWDER
>
> what good is fresh powder if they drive over it and groom it with a
> snowcat?
>
> and the guy who taught me to board with was in his 50's, 15 years
> ago...
> hiking into the back bowls is a winter workout.

Powder will come, eventually. I have to learn how to ski in it, first.
Keystone just opened the Independence Bowl. 3000 acres of ungroomed
terrain only accessible by a special snowcat shuttle.

As for the board, I am happy on skis. I'll let my son do the shredding.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

CowPunk wrote:

> and get a board before you waste your knees!
> You know, they don't call them "dicks on sticks" for nothin!

"Trays for gays" -- ski instructor, yelled from the chair to a group of his
snowboarding buds.

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 19:49:28 -0800, CowPunk wrote:

> and the guy who taught me to board with was in his 50's, 15 years ago...
> hiking into the back bowls is a winter workout.

Grays on Trays!

gabrielle

gabrielle wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 19:49:28 -0800, CowPunk wrote:
>
> > and the guy who taught me to board with was in his 50's, 15 years ago...
> > hiking into the back bowls is a winter workout.

> Grays on Trays!

I grew up surfing and skateboarding, but think snowboarding sucks ass
compared to skiing. I've tried it more than a few times and became
readily adept because of my background, but still prefer two sticks in
the snow.

JD

daddy wrote:
>>OK. My turn.
>>
>>WTF is POW?
>>
>>Snowboarding is for punks. Damn kids are always getting in my way or
>>scraping everything up. Almost had a run-in with one of those
>>screwballs today. Sign said, "No Air!" and he nearly flies into my head
>>four feet off the ground.

> bro, not trying to flame. a single speed guy like yourself mixed
> amongst us "new age" full speed types.... just giving you a jab! :)
>
> Happy Hanukkah my Man! Life is Good....
>

>>My knees are just fine. I'm no double black diamond skier.

What he really should do is free his heels!

Oh, and nice photos Mitch. I see the pow was over on the edges looking
pretty untouched!

Matt (knees strong from single speeding)