Today's AFR Magazine - some bloke on a TREK...

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by flyingdutch, Sep 28, 2006.

  1. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Profile on 'everyman' Bracksy

    2 page pic of him with his 5200 slung over his shoulder, and another of him pushin his bike up the Gipps St steps

    Tags:

  2. flyingdutch wrote:
    > Profile on 'everyman' Bracksy
    >
    > 2 page pic of him with his 5200 slung over his shoulder, and another of
    > him pushin his bike up the Gipps St steps
    >

    > --
    > flyingdutch

    Any of him actually riding it???

  3. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > Profile on 'everyman' Bracksy
    >
    > 2 page pic of him with his 5200 slung over his shoulder, and another of
    > him pushin his bike up the Gipps St steps

    Dumb q. What's "AFR"?

  4. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    Bleve wrote:
    > flyingdutch wrote:
    >> Profile on 'everyman' Bracksy
    >>
    >> 2 page pic of him with his 5200 slung over his shoulder, and another of
    >> him pushin his bike up the Gipps St steps

    > Dumb q. What's "AFR"?

    I'm tipping Aus Financial Review

  5. Russell Lang

    Russell Lang Guest

    DaveB wrote:
    > Bleve wrote:
    > > Dumb q. What's "AFR"?

    > I'm tipping Aus Financial Review

    Commonly read by employees of large companies to find out what their
    company is doing. Often considered more reliable than official
    employee communication emails from management. :)

  6. SteveA

    SteveA New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2004
    Messages:
    1,309
    Yeah. They do a colour magazine the last Friday of every month. This month's theme was who the most powerful people in Australia are. Bracks got an article all to himself. Piccie of him with Trek over shoulder and another wheeling Avanti commuter type bike up stairs. So does he believe in N+1?? Or is it just that taking footy related photos of him would have been plain insensitive this year?

    SteveA

  7. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Hahahahha! That was at the Vic Gov's Transport and liveability statement launched down at the Gipps Street Steps in May. I was on the next flight of steps and easily overheard him having a loud grumble. Yes, see what cyclists have been putting up with for years! ;) See YarraBUG campaigns stuff:
    http://www.yarrabug.org/campaigns/

  8. SteveA

    SteveA New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2004
    Messages:
    1,309
    So is it a good thing that pollies now like to be seen with bikes? Even if it's a bit hard to get them to do anything about infrastructure etc?

    SteveA