Today's Grauniad ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Amey posted ...

> ... has a nice acerbic article on the Association of British Drivers including some remarks about
> P*** S****.
>
> It is also on line:
>
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1137531,00.html
>
> (or if direct linking doesn't work, go to the Guardian front page and search for ABD).
>
> Peter

For the record, despite what may come across in some of my postings, I am not a member of the ABD. I
don't believe they represent the views of 'normal' motorists, or, as in my case, self confessed
petrol heads, and they certainly don't speak for me or many other motorists I know.

--
Paul

> Peter Amey posted ...
>
>
>>... has a nice acerbic article on the Association of British Drivers including some remarks about
>>P*** S****.
>>
>>It is also on line:
>>
>>http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1137531,00.html
>>
>>(or if direct linking doesn't work, go to the Guardian front page and search for ABD).
>>
>>Peter
>
>
> For the record, despite what may come across in some of my postings, I am not a member of the ABD.
> I don't believe they represent the views of 'normal' motorists, or, as in my case, self confessed
> petrol heads, and they certainly don't speak for me or many other motorists I know.
>

I don't think even the original suggested P*** S**** was actually a member (with the ABD having so
few members it seem quite likely that he/you isn't one). I think the author was just making
reasonable connections between unhinged organizations and unhinged individuals that seem to have
similarly unhinged ideas; the ABD and the leader of the SS seem to fit that description.

Peter

Peter Amey posted ...

>> Peter Amey posted ...
>>
>>
>>> ... has a nice acerbic article on the Association of British Drivers including some remarks
>>> about P*** S****.
>>>
>>> It is also on line:
>>>
>>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1137531,00.html
>>>
>>> (or if direct linking doesn't work, go to the Guardian front page and search for ABD).
>>>
>>> Peter
>>
>>
>> For the record, despite what may come across in some of my postings, I am not a member of the
>> ABD. I don't believe they represent the views of 'normal' motorists, or, as in my case, self
>> confessed petrol heads, and they certainly don't speak for me or many other motorists I know.
>>
>

> and I don't think even the original suggested P*** S**** was actually a member (with the ABD
> having so few members it seem quite likely that he/you isn't one). I think the author was just
> making reasonable connections between unhinged organizations and unhinged individuals that seem to
> have similarly unhinged ideas; the ABD and the leader of the SS seem to fit that description.

Heheheh, I know who PS is .. ;)

I just wanted to make it plain that many drivers such as I, an enthusiastic fan of motorised
transport who has previously been forthright about my views, want nothing to do with these people.

They do NOT, whatever they claim, represent the views of the majority of drivers. Though, as you
say, their subscription rates make that plain anyway .. ;)

--
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.