Today's ride ...

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by J999w, Jan 29, 2003.

  1. J999w

    J999w Guest

    ... 25 F and a nice sunny day. Put all my warmest clothes on and headed out on the MTB. Felt great
    for the first hour, but then (wouldn't you know it) the wind switched, I froze the last 45 mins, and
    almost slid into a parked car !

    Froze, bonked, and red as a beet.

    Ahhhhh ....

    John Wilke Milwaukee "It's not just a ride, it's an adventure"

    Tags:

  2. Jim Quinn

    Jim Quinn Guest

    Great ride, here is mine.

    65 to 69 degrees, windy and overcast. Wore arm warmers because of the wind chill. Two hour ride
    mostly flat.

    Jim Quinn Houston

    "J999w" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > ... 25 F and a nice sunny day. Put all my warmest clothes on and headed
    out on
    > the MTB. Felt great for the first hour, but then (wouldn't you know it)
    the
    > wind switched, I froze the last 45 mins, and almost slid into a parked car
    !

    > Froze, bonked, and red as a beet.
    >
    > Ahhhhh ....
    >
    > John Wilke Milwaukee "It's not just a ride, it's an adventure"

  3. Cycling Joe

    Cycling Joe Guest

    Kudo's.. 28 here at about 5pm.. lots of warm clothes..my brightest bike light. The thing that kept
    me the warmest were my cycling sunglasses with clear lenses. That extra protection over the face is
    absolutely amazing when the goal is reducing wind chill. If I can figure out how to keep my toes
    warm I'm set. They were numb for an hour after I got home! I'll be doing it again tomorrow! :)

    J999w wrote:

    >... 25 F and a nice sunny day. Put all my warmest clothes on and headed out on the MTB. Felt great
    >for the first hour, but then (wouldn't you know it) the wind switched, I froze the last 45 mins,
    >and almost slid into a parked car !
    >
    >Froze, bonked, and red as a beet.
    >
    >Ahhhhh ....
    >
    >John Wilke Milwaukee "It's not just a ride, it's an adventure"

  4. Cycling Joe

    J999w wrote:

    >... 25 F and a nice sunny day. Put all my warmest clothes on and headed out on the MTB. Felt great
    >for the first hour, but then (wouldn't you know it) the wind switched, I froze the last 45 mins,
    >and almost slid into a parked car !
    >
    >Froze, bonked, and red as a beet.
    >
    >Ahhhhh ....
    >
    >John Wilke Milwaukee "It's not just a ride, it's an adventure"

  5. Cycling Joe

    J999w wrote:

    >... 25 F and a nice sunny day. Put all my warmest clothes on and headed out on the MTB. Felt great
    >for the first hour, but then (wouldn't you know it) the wind switched, I froze the last 45 mins,
    >and almost slid into a parked car !
    >
    >Froze, bonked, and red as a beet.
    >
    >Ahhhhh ....
    >
    >John Wilke Milwaukee "It's not just a ride, it's an adventure"

  6. Cycling Joe