Today's ride ...

J999w

Guest
... 25 F and a nice sunny day. Put all my warmest clothes on and headed out on the MTB. Felt great
for the first hour, but then (wouldn't you know it) the wind switched, I froze the last 45 mins, and
almost slid into a parked car !

Froze, bonked, and red as a beet.

Ahhhhh ....

John Wilke Milwaukee "It's not just a ride, it's an adventure"

Great ride, here is mine.

65 to 69 degrees, windy and overcast. Wore arm warmers because of the wind chill. Two hour ride
mostly flat.

Jim Quinn Houston

"J999w" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> ... 25 F and a nice sunny day. Put all my warmest clothes on and headed
out on
> the MTB. Felt great for the first hour, but then (wouldn't you know it)
the
> wind switched, I froze the last 45 mins, and almost slid into a parked car
!

> Froze, bonked, and red as a beet.
>
> Ahhhhh ....
>
> John Wilke Milwaukee "It's not just a ride, it's an adventure"

Kudo's.. 28 here at about 5pm.. lots of warm clothes..my brightest bike light. The thing that kept
me the warmest were my cycling sunglasses with clear lenses. That extra protection over the face is
absolutely amazing when the goal is reducing wind chill. If I can figure out how to keep my toes
warm I'm set. They were numb for an hour after I got home! I'll be doing it again tomorrow! :)