Todays weather

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Msa, Mar 2, 2003.

  1. Msa

    Msa Guest

    So, who missed out on the glorious weather today? 7 degrees when I left the house at 8:00am, 70
    miles later it was a 'scorching' 13 degrees!

    Thank God for global warming :)

    --
    Mark
    ______________________________________

    "Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"

    Tags:

  2. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > So, who missed out on the glorious weather today? 7 degrees when I left
    the
    > house at 8:00am, 70 miles later it was a 'scorching' 13 degrees!
    >
    > Thank God for global warming :)

    3 degrees when I went to work at 0545!

  3. Alex Graham

    Alex Graham Guest

  4. I went out for a few miles mid-morning. It was bright & sunny but cold and with a cold headwind.
    Plus the chain came off the bike - got it back on.

    I ache - Norfolk is *not* flat!

    Cheers, helen s :)

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  5. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Sun, 2 Mar 2003 16:39:18 +0000 (UTC), "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >So, who missed out on the glorious weather today?

    Not I, said the sparrow - 80 miles of lovely sunny trundling. I took the wedgie to eb sociable - why
    on earth do people ride those things? Next time I'm taking a proper bike!

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  6. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > So, who missed out on the glorious weather today? 7 degrees when I left
    the
    > house at 8:00am, 70 miles later it was a 'scorching' 13 degrees!

    Not me, no Sir! 50 miles of sheer pleasure on the Shiney Bike, makes you glad to be alive. Saw a few
    others out, solos, tandems etc but the most inspiring was a chap on a hand cranked recumbent.

    Pete

  7. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    MSA <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > So, who missed out on the glorious weather today? 7 degrees when I left
    the
    > house at 8:00am, 70 miles later it was a 'scorching' 13 degrees!

    Very sunny here in Leeds. Cold wind though, though I was going to get away with fingerless
    mitts, oh no.

    > Thank God for global warming :)

    Pitty about all the bloody rain ;-)

    (Yeah, yeah I know Jan has been dry, don't you remember December)

    --
    Andrew

    > --
    > Mark
    > ______________________________________
    >
    > "Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"

  8. Msa

    Msa Guest

    > on a hand cranked recumbent.
    >
    > Pete

    a.k.a. Wheelchair? :)

    --
    Mark
    ______________________________________

    "Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"

  9. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Sun, 2 Mar 2003 20:26:01 -0000, "andrew" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >(Yeah, yeah I know Jan has been dry, don't you remember December)

    I'd rather forget December, if it's all the same to you.

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  10. Bob Flemming

    Bob Flemming Guest

    On Sun, 2 Mar 2003 16:39:18 +0000 (UTC), "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >So, who missed out on the glorious weather today? 7 degrees when I left the house at 8:00am, 70
    >miles later it was a 'scorching' 13 degrees!

    I did a cool 70 miles<probably first time in a year> today myself too....took a trip to Oxford and
    back. I was really pleased wih my performance - feeling fit <always helped by a good nights
    sleep>and being able to maintain a reasonable cadence.

    It felt good. 2 & 1/2 yrs ago I was getting out of breath just walking up a steep hill...and smoking
    over 20 strong Spanish fags a day. Today I don't smoke and can survive a stroll in the park.

    Although I dropped two spokes about 10 miles from home, thus throwing the rear wheel into an
    interesting shape! Guess it's time to build a rear wheel and see just how good my wheel building
    skills are coming along.

    This was the first ride on my new jazzed up 10 quid Raleigh Sun Solo from the dump, and it felt real
    ok. This is undoubtedly the most 'suitable' bike I've had, and although I can't identify the science
    of what's going on, it really make me realise how important *bike fit* is to the overall experience
    of cycling.

    bob

  11. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    andrew wrote:
    > Very sunny here in Leeds. Cold wind though, though I was going to get away with fingerless
    > mitts, oh no.

    I did. I was quite surprised, but glad I decided to try them (I had full finger gloves in my pannier
    just in case). It was windy though - Jenny's flags were standing straight out when we stopped.

    We had a lovely ride. Jenny slept most of it (as always), but for the last couple of miles I was
    riding along with happy squeaks coming from the trailer.

    Thomas Paine

  12. James Cox

    James Cox Guest

    Well, I had a lazy 10 mile offroad round the Chilterns. (Are mountain bikers allowed in this
    group). Lovely...

    --

    Best Regards James

    "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > So, who missed out on the glorious weather today? 7 degrees when I left
    the
    > house at 8:00am, 70 miles later it was a 'scorching' 13 degrees!
    >
    > Thank God for global warming :)
    >

    > --
    > Mark
    > ______________________________________
    >
    > "Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"

  13. Geoff Bowles

    Geoff Bowles Guest

    32 miles around the Chilterns on my old road bike today - may not seem far for some of you, but I
    generally only have a couple of hours available to "take exercise", and this was quite far enough
    considering I prepared for it with loads of beer/wine/port and Talisker at a function last night,
    then 5 hours sleep!

    I considered going off-road today, but decided against getting my recently-cleaned Marin dirty.
    Anyway, I'm thoroughly enjoying using my trusty 20+ year old Holdsworth on the roads again. Almost
    tempted to do some limited upgrades - but that'll be another thread!

    Geoff

    "James Cox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Well, I had a lazy 10 mile offroad round the Chilterns. (Are mountain
    bikers
    > allowed in this group). Lovely...

  14. ...Who Cares

    ...Who Cares Guest

    Bob - Your an inspiration to us all! Good work lad!

    I just hope you've got that cough under control...

    "Geoff Bowles" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > 32 miles around the Chilterns on my old road bike today - may not seem far for some of you, but I
    > generally only have a couple of hours available to "take exercise", and this was quite far enough
    > considering I prepared for
    it
    > with loads of beer/wine/port and Talisker at a function last night, then 5 hours sleep!
    >
    > I considered going off-road today, but decided against getting my recently-cleaned Marin dirty.
    > Anyway, I'm thoroughly enjoying using my trusty 20+ year old Holdsworth on the roads again. Almost
    > tempted to do
    some
    > limited upgrades - but that'll be another thread!
    >
    > Geoff
    >
    > "James Cox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Well, I had a lazy 10 mile offroad round the Chilterns. (Are mountain
    > bikers
    > > allowed in this group). Lovely...

  15. Nah!, went out Saturday in all that lovely rain for 3 hours. Sunday spent thinking, "I should have
    gone out today, not yesterday" Niv. "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > So, who missed out on the glorious weather today? 7 degrees when I left
    the
    > house at 8:00am, 70 miles later it was a 'scorching' 13 degrees!
    >
    > Thank God for global warming :)
    >

    > --
    > Mark
    > ______________________________________
    >
    > "Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"

  16. "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote: ( So, who missed out on the glorious weather today? 7
    degrees when I left the ) house at 8:00am, 70 miles later it was a 'scorching' 13 degrees!

    Don't mock the afflicted; I got a touch of sunburn. Mind you, that was working the allotment, before
    the afternoon ride by which I had found the remains of last year's factor 35.

  17. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

  18. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

  19. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    "Kevin Parsons" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > Nah!, went out Saturday in all that lovely rain for 3 hours. Sunday spent thinking, "I should have
    > gone out today, not yesterday"

    Did both. Got absolutely drenched on Saturday. My 9 stone Zimbabwean mountain goat training partner
    and I had intended to hit the Surrey hills but decided to cut it short when we'd got thoroughly cold
    and wet so we only managed about 48 miles. The main casualty was my mobile phone. Sue threw my
    jacket straight into the washing machin. Unfortunately the phone was still in the back pocket. :)

    Sunday was glorious. A group of 7 doing a 75 mile circuit with a stop at Hindhead. Plenty of
    climbing but a leisurely average pace.

    --
    Dave...

  20. Dave

    Dave Guest

    <snip>
    > This was the first ride on my new jazzed up 10 quid Raleigh Sun Solo from the dump, and it felt
    > real ok. This is undoubtedly the most 'suitable' bike I've had, and although I can't identify the
    > science of what's going on, it really make me realise how important *bike fit* is to the overall
    > experience of cycling.
    >
    > bob

    Bob, you picked up the Sun Solo then ??..10 quid, you lucky so and so, I had to pay a bit more than
    that, although not that much that I can actually remember how much more...think it might have been
    as much as 40, but I haven't had to buy anything else for it yet, although I'm on my way out later
    today to buy a Brookes saddle 8-o A bit of pipe insulation foam around the handlebars and I've had
    many happy miles out of it so far. Well done that man! Cheers, Dave.