Todays weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
andrew <[email protected]> wrote:
>Very sunny here in Leeds. Cold wind though, though I was going to get away with fingerless
>mitts, oh no.

It's starting to be bare knees weather here...
--
David Damerell <[email protected]> flcl?

"David Damerell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:v8w*[email protected]...
>
> It's starting to be bare knees weather here...

When did it ever stop?? Bare legs are ideal for winter cycling -- fully water proof, internal
heating system, auto repair system.

They are pretty good for summer cycling too.

T

On 3 Mar 2003 09:33:36 -0000, Geraint Jones scrawled: ) Don't mock the afflicted; I got a touch
of sunburn.

Me too. I was trying to figure out all day today why my face was all dry and itchy. I thought it
might be the bitter winter wind that we haven't had. Them were t'days.

I went cycling with a novice, who hadn't cycled for twelve years and then not really on roads.
Surprisingly well-handled, until she tried to mount a kerb into a multi-use lane at too shallow an
angle. She went onto the pavement - luckily, I suppose - and the bike continued in the bus lane
[1]. But after wobbling a bit she got straight back on the bike, which requires a larger consignment
of cojones than I think I own.

J-P

[2] I don't know whether I dare say this. Oh, go on, then. Wearing a helmet, she got off with a
graze to the cheek; had she not had the helmet she would have easily been a casualty case. OK.
Got that out of my system. New helmet ahoy, I think.

--
There is no such thing as the State / And no one exists alone; Hunger allows no choice / To the
citizen or the police; We must love one another and die.

On Sun, 2 Mar 2003 21:58:12 -0000, Danny Colyer <[email protected]> wrote:
> andrew wrote:
> > Very sunny here in Leeds. Cold wind though, though I was going to get away with fingerless
> > mitts, oh no.
>
> We had a lovely ride. Jenny slept most of it (as always), but for the last couple of miles I was
> riding along with happy squeaks coming from the trailer.

Rachel had her first ride in teh trailer on Sunday (and my wife managed her first ride since the,
erm, post-delivery embroidery). Just a touch under 10 miles, most of it on segregated
paths/tracks/private roads substantially devoid of motor vehicles, and an unqualified success
(though Rachel was asleep before we were two miles into teh ride, and stayed asleep till we were
home). I didn't notice any wind (but we were in woods most of the time). The trice tows nicely, once
I sorted the trailer hitch / luggage rack clash (by removing the pannier rack).

Highlight was probably when we rode past a group (I hesitate to say gang) of leather-clad (motor)
bikers who were stood beside the dual carriageway watching other bikers attempt to kill themselves
(at least that's what it looked like they were trying to do). They shuffled off the path onto teh
verge as we approached. Said one metal encrusted spiky one "oooh look there's a little baby in
there", to which another replied "aaah, isn't she sweet".

Lowlight was the blue glowing nova, who's passenger felt the need to hang from the window as they
pulled past too close on teh one-way

and was towing my daughter, one half of his assertion was patently untrue, and the other was
self-evident, so I'm not sure why he bothered. One can only hope he tries it while his mate drives
too close to a lamp-post, I suppose. Do you ever worry that uk.tosspot represents teh sensible,
responsible end of the motoring public?

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|
|/ \|

>Bob, you picked up the Sun Solo then ??..10 quid, you lucky so and so, I had to pay a bit more than
>that, although not that much that I can actually remember how much more...think it might have been
>as much as 40, but I haven't had to buy anything else for it yet,

hey, not so fast, although a tenner is a snip compared to the outrageously rip-off price of 40
notes, I have had to replace a few things - gone are the steel wheels, the front stem, the saddle,
the chainset, the rear freewheel - all replaced with components from another bike costing a further
twelve quid....so now, only 18 in it
:)

>A bit of pipe insulation foam around the handlebars and I've had many happy miles out of it so far.

Ah yes, use it too....quite useful, definitely helps.

cheers! bob

Status
Not open for further replies.