Todays's Metro

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Colin Blackburn, Sep 5, 2003.

  1. Latest dispatches from the man who reads that crap so you don't have to.

    p3 Article about a lad who hand-cycled up Mount Fuji on a specially built titanium climbing cycle.
    I'm sure there are reports elsewhere, his name is Keegan Reilly for googling.

    p17 Review of Belleville Rendez-Vous, a French animated film about cycling, set in the 1950s Sounds
    worth a watch.

    p17 Announcement of the Red Bull 3 degree event tomorrow at the A&P shipyard in Newcastle. 40 pro
    BMX riders doing silly things on sillier bikes. Free but you have to book: www.redbull3degrees.co.uk

    Precious moments!

    Colin

    Tags:

  2. Arthur Clune

    Arthur Clune Guest

    Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote:

    : p17 Review of Belleville Rendez-Vous, a French animated film about cycling, set in the 1950s
    : Sounds worth a watch.

    That was reviewed in the Guardian the other day, from a non-cycling perspective and got an excellent
    review. I'm off to watch it next week.

    Arthur

  3. James Annan

    James Annan Guest

    Colin Blackburn wrote:
    > Latest dispatches from the man who reads that crap so you don't have to.
    >
    > p3 Article about a lad who hand-cycled up Mount Fuji on a specially built titanium climbing cycle.
    > I'm sure there are reports elsewhere, his name is Keegan Reilly for googling.

    Thanks for that, it's amazing! Interesting to see an encounter with Japanese bureaucracy too:

    http://www.outdoorjapan.com/features/ojfeature-strong-arm-2003.html

    James

  4. Oliver Jones

    Oliver Jones Guest

    > p3 Article about a lad who hand-cycled up Mount Fuji on a specially built titanium climbing cycle.
    > I'm sure there are reports elsewhere, his name is Keegan Reilly for googling.

    Has anyone got a copy of this article? As a handcyclist I need all the motivation/ inspiration.
    Ironically, I find inclines hard to do as most of my weight is on the rear wheels of my wheelchair
    and the drive comes through the front wheel.

    --
    OJ

    Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

  5. Fraggle

    Fraggle Guest