Todays's Metro

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Colin Blackburn, Sep 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Latest dispatches from the man who reads that crap so you don't have to.

p3 Article about a lad who hand-cycled up Mount Fuji on a specially built titanium climbing cycle.
    I'm sure there are reports elsewhere, his name is Keegan Reilly for googling.

p17 Review of Belleville Rendez-Vous, a French animated film about cycling, set in the 1950s Sounds
    worth a watch.

p17 Announcement of the Red Bull 3 degree event tomorrow at the A&P shipyard in Newcastle. 40 pro
    BMX riders doing silly things on sillier bikes. Free but you have to book: www.redbull3degrees.co.uk

Precious moments!

Colin

Tags:

2. Arthur Clune

Arthur Clune Guest

Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote:

: p17 Review of Belleville Rendez-Vous, a French animated film about cycling, set in the 1950s
    : Sounds worth a watch.

That was reviewed in the Guardian the other day, from a non-cycling perspective and got an excellent
    review. I'm off to watch it next week.

Arthur

3. James Annan

James Annan Guest

Colin Blackburn wrote:
    > Latest dispatches from the man who reads that crap so you don't have to.
    >
    > p3 Article about a lad who hand-cycled up Mount Fuji on a specially built titanium climbing cycle.
    > I'm sure there are reports elsewhere, his name is Keegan Reilly for googling.

Thanks for that, it's amazing! Interesting to see an encounter with Japanese bureaucracy too:

http://www.outdoorjapan.com/features/ojfeature-strong-arm-2003.html

James

4. Oliver Jones

Oliver Jones Guest

> p3 Article about a lad who hand-cycled up Mount Fuji on a specially built titanium climbing cycle.
    > I'm sure there are reports elsewhere, his name is Keegan Reilly for googling.

Has anyone got a copy of this article? As a handcyclist I need all the motivation/ inspiration.
    Ironically, I find inclines hard to do as most of my weight is on the rear wheels of my wheelchair
    and the drive comes through the front wheel.

--
    OJ

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

5. Fraggle

Fraggle Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.