Toe Clips For Big Feet

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by [email protected], Jan 16, 2006.

  1. Does anyone know a company that sells toe clips for people with large
    feet? I wear a size 14, and even the extra large toe clips are a bit
    small.

    Tags:

  2. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Does anyone know a company that sells toe clips for people with large
    > feet? I wear a size 14, and even the extra large toe clips are a bit
    > small.

    Are you talking clips as in SPD's or cages. If it's cages, JD is your man.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  3. Shawn

    Shawn Guest

    Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone know a company that sells toe clips for people with large
    >> feet? I wear a size 14, and even the extra large toe clips are a bit
    >> small.
    >>

    > Are you talking clips as in SPD's or cages. If it's cages, JD is your man.

    When did toe clips mean anything but toe clips? What are cages?

    Shawn

  4. JD

    JD Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Does anyone know a company that sells toe clips for people with large
    > feet? I wear a size 14, and even the extra large toe clips are a bit
    > small.

    Giant puts their name on toeclips labeled as "large" that work for my
    size 14 clodhoppers. If you have tried those and don't find them large
    enough, try a pedal wit a larger platform.

    JD

  5. Per JD:
    >Giant puts their name on toeclips labeled as "large" that work for my
    >size 14 clodhoppers. If you have tried those and don't find them large
    >enough, try a pedal wit a larger platform.

    Also, once you get the largest ones you can find, they can be extended by using
    longer screws and some tubing as spacers.
    --
    PeteCresswell

  6. Slash

    Slash Guest

    On 16 Jan 2006 14:17:57 -0800, "JD" <[email protected]> scribbled:

    >[email protected] wrote:
    >> Does anyone know a company that sells toe clips for people with large
    >> feet? I wear a size 14, and even the extra large toe clips are a bit
    >> small.

    >Giant puts their name on toeclips labeled as "large" that work for my
    >size 14 clodhoppers. If you have tried those and don't find them large
    >enough, try a pedal wit a larger platform.
    >
    >JD

    PowerGrips - they make them pretty big and a lot of Iditasport
    racers/winter riders use them with boots.

    http://www.powergrips.com/

    -Slash
    --
    "Ebert Victorious"
    -The Onion

  7. JD

    JD Guest

    Slash wrote:
    > On 16 Jan 2006 14:17:57 -0800, "JD" <[email protected]> scribbled:
    >

    > >[email protected] wrote:
    > >> Does anyone know a company that sells toe clips for people with large
    > >> feet? I wear a size 14, and even the extra large toe clips are a bit
    > >> small.

    > >Giant puts their name on toeclips labeled as "large" that work for my
    > >size 14 clodhoppers. If you have tried those and don't find them large
    > >enough, try a pedal with a larger platform.
    > >
    > >JD

    > PowerGrips - they make them pretty big and a lot of Iditasport
    > racers/winter riders use them with boots.
    >
    > http://www.powergrips.com/
    >
    > -Slash
    > --
    > "Ebert Victorious"
    > -The Onion

    I've tried them and they put my feet to sleep. They are definitely not
    made for bigger feet.

    As fas as Cresswell's solution, I'd use a small block of hardwood, or
    even aluminum with a couple of holes drilled through it instead of
    pipe, just for more stability. You'd probably have to get longer bolts
    as well, depending on how thick your custom shim is.

    JD

  8. wheelist

    wheelist New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2005
    Why don't you just go clipless? :confused:

  9. JD

    JD Guest

    wheelist wrote:
    > Why don't you just go clipless? :confused:

    And you shall remain confused.

    a victim of collision on the open sea
    nobody ever said that life was free
    sank, swam, go down with the ship
    but use your freedom of choice

    i'll say it again in the land of the free
    use your freedom of choice
    your freedom of choice

    in ancient rome there was a poem
    about a dog who found two bones
    he picked at one
    he licked the other
    he went in circles
    he dropped dead

    freedom of choice
    is what you got
    freedom of choice!

    then if you got it you don't want it
    seems to be the rule of thumb
    don't be tricked by what you see
    you got two ways to go

    i'll say it again in the land of the free
    use your freedom of choice
    freedom of choice

    freedom of choice
    is what you got
    freedom of choice!

    in ancient rome
    there was a poem
    about a dog
    who found two bones
    he picked at one
    he licked the other
    he went in circles
    he dropped dead

    freedom of choice
    is what you got
    freedom from choice
    is what you want

  10. I use them minus straps,fast in and out.

  11. Slash

    Slash Guest

    On 17 Jan 2006 13:21:12 -0800, "JD" <[email protected]> scribbled:

    >I've tried them and they put my feet to sleep. They are definitely not
    >made for bigger feet.

    Which size did you use? They make one that's a bit longer that might
    work without putting too much pressure on the top of your foot, but
    like you mention below, there are quite a few creative solutions, just
    gotta give 'em a try and see if it works.

    >As fas as Cresswell's solution, I'd use a small block of hardwood, or
    >even aluminum with a couple of holes drilled through it instead of
    >pipe, just for more stability. You'd probably have to get longer bolts
    >as well, depending on how thick your custom shim is.
    >
    >JD

    -Slash
    --
    "Ebert Victorious"
    -The Onion

  12. JD

    JD Guest

    Slash wrote:
    > On 17 Jan 2006 13:21:12 -0800, "JD" <[email protected]> scribbled:
    >
    > >I've tried them and they put my feet to sleep. They are definitely not
    > >made for bigger feet.

    > Which size did you use?

    The big ones. I like toeclips. Steep downhill technical mistakes are
    not very costly when you are used to just sliding your foot back and
    stepping off. No twists or turns of the foot makes for a very quick
    exit.

    JD