Toe Clips

reub2000

Jul 10, 2007
I removed the toe clips from my new bike because they take too much effort to insert my feet into. I have a friend who swears by toe clips. I won't use clipless petals because I don't want to change shoes just to go out for a ride. To me, it seems like the main advantage to toe clips is when it's raining making the petals slippery.

I'm curious to hear some oppinions about toe clips.

What they need to make are lighter toe clips, so they don't have the tendency to face down.

I have clipless, and once you get used to the metel bit one your shoe, and snapping into your pedal, its really easy, and gets to be like second nature. I definatly recamend em.

I have ridden with toe clips for 38 years and it eventually becomes second nature to flip the pedal upright with your toe to insert your foot through the strap. I agree that having to purchase and use special shoes for riding is more than I want to have to deal with, especially when they are not really designed for walking if you find someplace that you want to explore in your travels.

reub2000 said:
I removed the toe clips from my new bike because they take too much effort to insert my feet into. I have a friend who swears by toe clips. I won't use clipless petals because I don't want to change shoes just to go out for a ride. To me, it seems like the main advantage to toe clips is when it's raining making the petals slippery.

I'm curious to hear some oppinions about toe clips.
I used to use toe clips...
frown.gif
But, I've got good news... I saved a bunch of money on my car insurance and switched to clipless.

Andatura Veloce said:
I used to use toe clips...
frown.gif
But, I've got good news... I saved a bunch of money on my car insurance and switched to clipless.
I saved a bunch of money on car insurance by not driving. Biking and the CTA are my main modes of transportation right now.

Does anyone here use clipless pedals in a urban enviornment where you have to stop at red lights?

You can reduce the tension it takes to "unclip" yourself. Clipless is the only way to go. practice makes perfect.