Toe Overlap

zaskar

Aug 3, 2003
I notice with my new frame i have toe overlap (front wheel can hit my toe) is this common?

zaskar said:
I notice with my new frame i have toe overlap (front wheel can hit my toe) is this common?
I have had this on every road bike I have owned. To have it interfere you have to be making a really hard turn and to still be peddling. If you make that hard of a turn at speed you will flip the bike anyway.

I noticed in the Trek owner's manual it says not to pedal if you're making a sharp turn. When riding in my neighborhood, I have a tendency to want to turn while I'm pedaling (turning around in the road) and my toes get dangerously close to the front wheel.

I noticed this today going slow, i had to make a sharp turn and had to pedal and my foot touched the wheel. i just thought it might be a fitting issue.

zaskar said:

Yes.....tight geometry and big feet. Only really an issue if you like to perform standstills at traffic lights.

ganderctr said:
I noticed in the Trek owner's manual it says not to pedal if you're making a sharp turn. When riding in my neighborhood, I have a tendency to want to turn while I'm pedaling (turning around in the road) and my toes get dangerously close to the front wheel.

I wouldn't worry, any contact will be tire squeeling a bit against your toe...sure to get your attention tho. What's even more fun in the world of pedaling-while-turning is taking a 3 foot hop across a fast turn as your inside pedal hits the tarmac. :p