Toeing in

bomba,

> Nope. You got almost entirely positive and helpful comments with the exception of a couple that
> were made with tongue in cheek.

in cheek. No skin off my back, it's your newsgroup.

> I think you were welcomed with a nice attitude. The problem came when you started throwing your
> toys - standing there and shouting till you're blue in the face for everyone to change isn't going
> to make a difference.

Well perhaps the previous 'tongue in cheek F/O' versus my 'hey peeps, enough with the insults over
questions about other postings' is a bit mis measured.

> if you don't like the way the group is. Have you read that beta FAQ yet? It might help explain
> some stuff, including Shaun's post.

I've read it. I would think common sense would prevail.

> OK then, I
>> guess it's fair game in here. I can play that too, but I gave up high school years ago.
>
> So did everyone here. The average age of the group would be somewhere around 30+ at a guess.
>
>> As for newgroups, I've been at it for over a decade and it's junk like some of the postings in
>> here that makes it such a bizarre place to go. You wonder why people are alienated.
>
> It's a bizarre place for sure. Alt.m-b's not an unfriendly place, but one of the things that tends
> not to go down well is a new contributor telling everyone that the group should be run the way he
> / she wants it. That's a fast way to being alienated...

I wasn't telling anybody. It was, and continues to be a suggestion that you will alienate people
with questions...which is exactly what I posted.

VP wrote:

>>Nope. You got almost entirely positive and helpful comments with the exception of a couple that
>>were made with tongue in cheek.
>

> in cheek. No skin off my back, it's your newsgroup.

Ok, firstly you're crossing threads. I was referring to this thread.

as advice, it's just that Shaun's a straight-talking Northerner :)

>>I think you were welcomed with a nice attitude. The problem came when you started throwing your
>>toys - standing there and shouting till you're blue in the face for everyone to change isn't going
>>to make a difference.
>

> Well perhaps the previous 'tongue in cheek F/O' versus my 'hey peeps, enough with the insults over
> questions about other postings' is a bit mis measured.

Don't paint yourself whiter than white - the perceived 'hey peeps, enough with the insults' in your
head, actually came out as "What the

>>if you don't like the way the group is. Have you read that beta FAQ yet? It might help explain
>>some stuff, including Shaun's post.
>

> I've read it. I would think common sense would prevail.

Common sense on what or whose part?

>>It's a bizarre place for sure. Alt.m-b's not an unfriendly place, but one of the things that tends
>>not to go down well is a new contributor telling everyone that the group should be run the way he
>>/ she wants it. That's a fast way to being alienated...
>

> I wasn't telling anybody. It was, and continues to be a suggestion that you will alienate people
> with questions...which is exactly what I posted.

LOL, I doubt it. We have people passing through here all the time with questions...

Just from a hypothetical point of view, why should we not alienate people with questions? I don't
mean to sound callous, but it's not like we make money from being a free technical service bureau.
We have no obligation to satisfy everyone. We offer our free time (and in some cases our work time
:) and expertise to help out - if people don't like our advice or comments then, at the end of the
day, surely that's their problem.

Anyway, your suggestion has been duly noted and will be brought to the attention of the moderator at
the next board meeting.

Yea haw....yes! And know we know what VP stands for......Very ******
http://www.pbase.com/image/17958163

--
Slacker

Slacker <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
> "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > J'm Sm'th thoughtfully penned:

> > > Aye.
> >
> > yes.
>

> Yea haw....yes! And know we know what VP stands for......Very ******
> http://www.pbase.com/image/17958163

And that's a Yes from me as well.
--
~Travis

http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 22:15:34 -0400, VP <[email protected]> wrote:

>Bill Wheeler,
>
>> Diagram looks fine to me. If you want clarity stop smokin' crack.
>

>human beings, for Crissakes?
>
>Then you go on to say...
>
>> Peace, Bill
>
>You're telling ME about clarity? Yer an idiot.
>
>Secondly, I am looking at the diagram right now. Mid way down this page:
>
><http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/howfix_cant.shtml>
>
>Pad Toeing...'So the front edge strikes first'...is the 'front edge' the front of the bike, or the
>front of the pad? Since I'm asking about pads, I was thinking about the pad, not the bike. I will
>modify accordingly.
>
>And in the meantime, lighten up. If you want to do mountainbiking a favour, stop pissing people off
>in the newsgroups.

>Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

There are others much more well deserving than Bill the Wheeler.

Hang around more and you'll see....

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 08:15:24 -0400, VP <[email protected]> wrote:

>bomba,
>
>> Well, in all fairness, nobody else has a problem with this concept and it has been explained to
>> you several times.
>
>If nobody has issues with it, why is it in your FAQ? You honestly think some of the comments in
>here are not out of the ordinary? What benefit are those comments to mountain biking as a whole? If
>people come in here, don't you think a welcome attitude would do everybody some good?

Should I chime in here? Na, better not.

>> You appear to be the only one getting ****** off, perhaps it's you that needs to lighten up.
>> FWIW, try and take most of this stuff as a joke -
>> a.m-b isn't the worst group, but like a lot of Usenet, you'll need a thick skin and a laid back
>> attitude to prevent ulcers and high blood pressure.
>
>Um, I'm getting ****** off because others telling me to F-Off? OK then, I guess it's fair game in
>here. I can play that too, but I gave up high school years ago. As for newgroups, I've been at it
>for over a decade and it's junk like some of the postings in here that makes it such a bizarre
>place to go. You wonder why people are alienated.

>Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Nope, I ain't gonna say a word....

Slacker <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > J'm Sm'th thoughtfully penned:

> > > Aye.
> >
> > yes.

Yo! Another one here, heheheheh............

> Yea haw....yes! And know we know what VP stands for......Very ******
http://www.pbase.com/image/17958163

Heh - thanks for that Slackarse, heheheh......

Shaun aRe

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:59:11 -0700, "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote:

>J'm Sm'th thoughtfully penned:
>> Sorni wrote:
>>>
>>> "Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Seconded!
>>>
>>> Bill "all in favor???" S.
>>
>> Aye.
>
>yes.

WTF! Penny is that you?! Are you in a non-nurturing mode or something?

Of all people I was expecting you to beat me about the head and neck and then take this poor fellow
under your wing.

What gives?

Bill

:-]

"Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/image/17958163
>
> OK, then, Slack, you want to fill us in on the bear photos just previous to this one? Jeez. A
> helluva thing to stumble across at breakfast.
>
> CC

Oops....forgot about those.....sorry about that.

They were just some misc pix a friend had sent me. I don't think that one photo is related to the
other two, but it looks like it could've been.

--
Slacker

Bill Wheeler thoughtfully penned:
> On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:59:11 -0700, "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> J'm Sm'th thoughtfully penned:

>>> Aye.
>>
>> yes.
>>

> WTF! Penny is that you?! Are you in a non-nurturing mode or something?
>
> Of all people I was expecting you to beat me about the head and neck and then take this poor
> fellow under your wing.
>
> What gives?

I have my hands full with the rest of you guys. Plus, he has no sense of humor, want's to customize
the NG to suit his preferences.

Penny

snip
> >And in the meantime, lighten up. If you want to do mountainbiking a
favour,
> >stop pissing people off in the newsgroups.

Does not compute. AMB FAQ says nowt about doing mountainbiking a favour.

Friendly banter (or not so friendly) in AMB can hardly be said to be pissing people off 'in the
newsgroups'. Our knitting group never read AMB. Mike

If the brake arm is slightly loose on the brake boss (due to wear) you may need to allow a little
more toe in. Mike

Penny S. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Bill Wheeler thoughtfully penned:
> > On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:59:11 -0700, "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> J'm Sm'th thoughtfully penned:

> >> yes.
> >>

> > WTF! Penny is that you?! Are you in a non-nurturing mode or something?
> >
> > Of all people I was expecting you to beat me about the head and neck and then take this poor
> > fellow under your wing.
> >
> > What gives?

> I have my hands full with the rest of you guys. Plus, he has

"no sense of humor, want's to customize the NG to suit his preferences."

> Penny

Ah, you mean "******" ',;~}~

Shaun aRe - succinct ?