Toes going numb, I need Help!!!

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by kvl1027, May 15, 2005.

1. kvl1027

kvl1027 New Member

I have noticed that when I am riding my toes start to go numb. I have tried loosening my shoes, but no help. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tags:

2. Vaughnallan

Vaughnallan New Member

THICKER SOCKS!:p

3. Doctor Morbius

Doctor Morbius New Member

In my case it was cleat adjustment. Thought it was shoes being too tight at first but it wasn't.

4. gpelpel

gpelpel New Member

Are your shoes wide enough? Have you tried starting your rides with a loose front strap? Have your tried moving your cleats backward a bit?

5. kvl1027

kvl1027 New Member

I'm going to try moving the cleats backward a bit before my next ride. I will post in a few days with the results as Ifeel it can help other new riders, such as myself, who are having similar problems.

6. lucien2

lucien2 New Member

let us know how that goes....I have the same problem. Makes no diff if it is my new-ish Sidi road shoes or my 4 year old Shimano MTB shoes.

7. kvl1027

kvl1027 New Member

OK, So I went on a very short ride yesterday, about 10 miles, to see how the moving of the cleats helped. I moved them as far back as I could, and seems to have made some difference. It's not definitive, because my toes went a little tingly, but not as bad as they usually do. My toes usually start going going numb by mile 5, si I figured 10 miles, would tell the truth.
    I think I am going to try plaing around with the cleat position, until I find the perfect one. I hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

8. DocK

DocK New Member

Where are your toes going numb? If its between the 2nd and third toes, it is called metatarsalgia and it could be your shoes or cleats. Try this first as its the most easily fixed. If its more of an entire foot dysesthesia, then other factors may be at play and you may need to see someone.