Token Campy compatible cassette

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by sogood, Sep 19, 2006.

1. sogood

sogood New Member

I have just noticed some Token Campagnolo compatible 10 speed cassettes that's rather cheap with weight (100g) that's way lighter than that of Campy's Record.

http://www.tokenproducts.com/2005/05htm/products.php?pc1id=36

Does anyone know these? What's Token like as a brand and what are these cassettes like? How can they be so light and cheap? Are they really compatible with current Campy 10 speed groups? What's the down side?

I am just curious. Thanks for any comment.

Tags:

2. John M

John M New Member

That would an aluminum race-day only cassette. The lightness is because it is full aluminum, but would likely last less than 1000 miles.

Token is one of the several companies importing lightweight parts (mostly in carbon) from China/Taiwan under their own name. Others are CarbonLord, Leopard, and Kult. In fact they are all likely made in the same factory.

3. sogood

sogood New Member

Thanks. For a while I thought the laws of market and physics have reversed. :confused:

4. carbonguru

carbonguru New Member

Token produces all their components at Gigantex in Taiwan. All their carbon wheels, handlebars, stems, carbon saddles etc. all come from them. This particular cassette is CRAP. I hate to bag on a product, but two of my mates bought these because of the affordable price and their Campy Drive Trains never worked correctly the whole time. Shifting was HORRIBLE and the chain skipped a ton during training rides which totally aggravated them.

TOKEN stuff has a really bad wrap where I am from. Their components fail at the most inopportune time and good luck trying to get some customer service for warranty issues. Basically, there IS no warranty.

I guess the ole' saying stays true: "You get what you pay for!"

I would save your money up and go 100% GENUINE. Especially with something as important as a cassette. Campy backs their stuff up. :rolleyes: