Token-USA.com Cheap Carbon Components

Vector7

Sep 13, 2003
I just wanted to pass along a really cool website I found for inexpensive Carbon components. I just purchased some integrated handlebars and new crankset from them and I can't believe the quality for the price. I thought you'd guys like to know. I try and pass along good websites that cater to us cyclists looking for a good deal.

Here is the site: http://www.token-usa.com

Tailwinds,
Vector7

Vector7 said:
I just wanted to pass along a really cool website I found for inexpensive Carbon components. I just purchased some integrated handlebars and new crankset from them and I can't believe the quality for the price. I thought you'd guys like to know. I try and pass along good websites that cater to us cyclists looking for a good deal.

Tailwinds,
Vector7

Update: I just got my wheelset today that I ordered a day after I received my other carbon components from www.token-usa.com All I can say is this: HOLY AWESOME!!! These wheels are not only pretty to look at, but they feel like my Mavic Ksyrium SL's when I'm flying down the road. I put 33 miles on the set this afternoon and I am totally impressed with the quality and the handling. The hubs eat up our chip and seal back country road vibration like a champ. Absolutely incredible stuff! I highly recommend them for fast training wheels. My bike is really looking hot and I shaved about 1 lb of weight off it already with these upgrades. Not too shabby!!!

Tailwinds,
Vector7

The stuff looks pretty nice, and the price is reasonable. Pity they only do road stuff. All my road bikes are done, but I just ordered a mtn frame that I need to build out.

cydewaze said:
The stuff looks pretty nice, and the price is reasonable. Pity they only do road stuff. All my road bikes are done, but I just ordered a mtn frame that I need to build out.

Yeah...that would be nice if they had a MTB line. =)

Tailwinds,
Vector7

Vector7 said:
Update: I just got my wheelset today that I ordered a day after I received my other carbon components from www.token-usa.com All I can say is this: HOLY AWESOME!!! These wheels are not only pretty to look at, but they feel like my Mavic Ksyrium SL's when I'm flying down the road. I put 33 miles on the set this afternoon and I am totally impressed with the quality and the handling. The hubs eat up our chip and seal back country road vibration like a champ. Absolutely incredible stuff! I highly recommend them for fast training wheels. My bike is really looking hot and I shaved about 1 lb of weight off it already with these upgrades. Not too shabby!!!

Tailwinds,
Vector7

Update #2:

The Integrated Handlebars from www.token-usa.com are INCREDIBLE!!! I just got back from a 76 mile group ride and the road never felt smoother. AWESOME STUFF!!! Has anyone had experience with the Cinelli Rams? Do you like them too? Just curious.

Tailwinds,
Vector7

Vector7 said:
Update #2:

The Integrated Handlebars from www.token-usa.com are INCREDIBLE!!! I just got back from a 76 mile group ride and the road never felt smoother. AWESOME STUFF!!!
You should write ad copy for them. Maybe they could use your testimonials on their website and you could make a few bucks royalty.

cydewaze said:
You should write ad copy for them. Maybe they could use your testimonials on their website and you could make a few bucks royalty.

I applied for a Sponsorship from Token-USA.com. I'm crossing my fingers. I really need access to good carbon components. That was the reason I had to buy the parts I did was because I was involved in a nasty crash in a Crit about 3.5 weeks ago. I destroyed my FSA Cranks, cracked my handlebars in half, and my wheels were toast.

Thanks to the good prices on www.token-usa.com I'm back on this bike and I did it within budget. I sure hope I get the Sponsorship.

Tailwinds,
Vector7

Vector7 said:
That was the reason I had to buy the parts I did was because I was involved in a nasty crash in a Crit about 3.5 weeks ago. I destroyed my FSA Cranks, cracked my handlebars in half, and my wheels were toast.
You could always just be slow like me, and you'd save loads on equopment. :p

cydewaze said:
You could always just be slow like me, and you'd save loads on equopment. :p

I hear you!!! =) This sport is quite expensive, but totally worth it.

Tailwinds,
Vector7

cydewaze said:

I got a response back from Token-USA.com and they are offering a partial sponsorship. Something is better than nothing. I guess. At this point, I'll take anything.

Tailwinds,
Vector7

Vector7 said:
I got a response back from Token-USA.com and they are offering a partial sponsorship. Something is better than nothing. I guess. At this point, I'll take anything.

Tailwinds,
Vector7

I just leearned that www.token-usa.com private labels for some of the biggest companies in the cycling industry. That information alone makes me feel like I got even a bigger bargain than I thought I did.

Tailwinds,
Vector7

Token-USA doesn't private label, their parts are made in Taiwan by Gigantex, like most carbon. Not saying their stuff isn't good, but if they are telling you that they make carbon parts for other companies, they are feeding you a line. They are one of many new companies that have begun to offer reasonably priced carbon parts, another being www.velocarbon.com which sponsors my team, which is how I know who makes the stuff.

I know velo carbon sponsors teams and individuals, so if you are looking for a sweet deal on parts, you may want to shoot them an e-mail.

This trend is good I feel, anything to stop Stella from selling those bars for $400.

Iridesteel said:
Token-USA doesn't private label, their parts are made in Taiwan by Gigantex, like most carbon. Not saying their stuff isn't good, but if they are telling you that they make carbon parts for other companies, they are feeding you a line. They are one of many new companies that have begun to offer reasonably priced carbon parts, another being www.velocarbon.com which sponsors my team, which is how I know who makes the stuff.

I know velo carbon sponsors teams and individuals, so if you are looking for a sweet deal on parts, you may want to shoot them an e-mail.

This trend is good I feel, anything to stop Stella from selling those bars for $400.

Does Gigantex have a website? Just curious. Thanks.

Tailwinds,
Vector7

Iridesteel said:
Hi, I don't know if they do or not, sorry.

I learned that www.Token-USA.com only has a few parts from them. They actually have a manufacturing plant that sources out lots of carbon parts for other companies Private Label. It's so intersting how all this carbon stuff gets made and then passed around from company to company with a different label. I also learned that Fulcrum Wheels are sourced by Campagnolo, but the wheels are made in Taiwan then sent to Italy for fine tuning. I wish I understood it all.

Tailwinds,
Vector7

Toekn-USA gets there stuff from Token in Taiwan who gets their stuff from Gigantex and a few other companies. Token does not make anything themselves, regardless of what they are saying. There are only a few carbon manufacturers out there, the rest just buy from them and call it their own. Not a bad practice at all, just how it is done. It is in Token-USA best interest to say they manufacturer the stuff, but they don't. Again, not bad that they don't make the stuff, I wouldn't trust a new site that just popped up to make carbon anyway, not when my life depends on it.

When dealing with carbon fiber, cheap is not the way to go. If Token is advertising cheap parts, it may cost you in the end. There was just an article on cyclingnews.com that said to avoid cheap carbon parts.

Iridesteel said:
Toekn-USA gets there stuff from Token in Taiwan who gets their stuff from Gigantex and a few other companies. Token does not make anything themselves, regardless of what they are saying. There are only a few carbon manufacturers out there, the rest just buy from them and call it their own. Not a bad practice at all, just how it is done. It is is Token-USA best interest to say they manufacturer the stuff, but they don't. Again, not bad that they don't make the stuff, I wouldn't trust a new site that just popped up to make carbon anyway, not when my life depends on it.

Token and Token-USA.com are one in the same from what I understand. www.token-usa.com is their USA office/distributor. Nice guys to talk to. Pretty knowlegeable too about racing. I think the guy I spoke with races for a Division 2 team Cat 2. Anyway, I like the parts and they seem to be holding up to the punishment of the crits I've raced in with since I installed the new stuff I bought. Thanks for the manufacturing education. I appreciate it.

P.S. Where do you live and ride? It's so cool connecting with so many cool cyclists around the country. I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!

Tailwinds,
Vector7

OK...I have to tell you all about the new Carbon Seat I just received from www.token-usa.com Now this saddle, when I pulled it out of the box, was the prettiest looking thing I have seen in a while. I installed it on my bike and took it out for a 35 mile training ride. HOLY COW! I never knew that something so hard and stiff could be so darn comfortable. Anyway, I thought you'd like my honest opinion on the saddle. So far I LOVE it!!!

Tailwinds,
Vector7

Vector7 said:

Tailwinds,
Vector7

I am starting to smell a rat. This thread is continued by one person, who over and over posts a link for us to click. Are you affiliated with this site? If not, they should be giving you commision seeing how this thread and most other posts you have made here all link to the token site. Maybe you are just excited about your stuff, but it just seems weird, anyone else think this guy is part of token? I may be off, but I have a hunch.

Actually...I'm sponsored by them. =) I get new components every couple of weeks. So I test the new stuff and post it. No rat...just a stoked cyclist who loves to race on awesome affordable www.token-usa.com carbon components. Forgive me for my joy, but it's freaking AWESOME stuff!!! I lik real tested posts like this one. At least you're getting a review straight from someone who actually uses and abuses this carbon stuff. So far, I have nothing but goods things to say. If I break something or notice a flaw, then I will post that too. You should check some of their stuff out. I think you'd like it. Good luck. Just enjoy the post. Quit hating Bro. It'll give you wrinkles and premature death. =)

Tailwinds,
Vector7

Iridesteel said:
I am starting to smell a rat. This thread is continued by one person, who over and over posts a link for us to click. Are you affiliated with this site? If not, they should be giving you commision seeing how this thread and most other posts you have made here all link to the token site. Maybe you are just excited about your stuff, but it just seems weird, anyone else think this guy is part of token? I may be off, but I have a hunch.