Tom Danielson Tests Positive For Testosterone

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
Tom Danielson (Cannondale Garmin) has returned a positive test for synthetic testosterone. The test was taken on July 9, he quickly took to twitter once he was notified of the positive test;

post-2-0-32280100-1438591039.jpg
tomd.jpg

It's an interesting mistake to make in considering drug companies appear to be working with organisations like WADA. It's also a good time to reflect on the fact this sport is far from clean.

This is the second time Tom Danielson has been found to have used doping products. On October 10, 2012, the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) announced that Danielson would be suspended for six months after admitting to doping during his time with Discovery Channel.

It will most likely be the end of his career.

Attachments

• tomd.jpg
    tomd.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 22
I'm really not surprised, if the rumours about Tommy are to be believed he openly doped, without shame, in his time before Slipstream. What's worrying here is that Slipstream are billed as a "fully-clean" pro team, and they run their own internal anti-doping tests. Surely then, they would have caught this before USADA? If not, it doesn't fill me with much faith that the other riders in the team (and in other teams with less strict anti-doping controls) aren't doing exactly the same thing.

Reactions: steve
This sucks for him. I get that he was doping and everything, but his whole career might be shot down just because of this incident. He was fun to watch ride, too.

AtlantaSports said:
This sucks for him. I get that he was doping and everything, but his whole career might be shot down just because of this incident. He was fun to watch ride, too.
Sucks for him indeed, but if your career was on the line if you doped, would you really take the chance? I should maybe reserve judgement until the B Sample is analysed, but it's hard to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Fool me once etc etc.

b3rniemac said:
Sucks for him indeed, but if your career was on the line if you doped, would you really take the chance? I should maybe reserve judgement until the B Sample is analysed, but it's hard to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Fool me once etc etc.
Exactly, if it comes back positive he must surely get a 4 year ban.

Reactions: gplama
He is entitled to due process.

If the B sample confirms his doping, then given his history, the sport need to take a very tough sanction against him.

steve said:
Exactly, if it comes back positive he must surely get a 4 year ban.
This would be his second offense (admitting to blood doping on US Postal was the first.)

If he doesn't get a lifetime ban and the UCI doesn't appeal then Mr short of beard Santa Claus that took over and promised reform really is a limp ****.

limerickman said:
He is entitled to due process.If the B sample confirms his doping, then given his history, the sport need to take a very tough sanction against him.
Due process is a good thing but wasnt the original intent that no news would be released until all tests were carried out and the final result was given?

Make a B sample test mandatory immediately after an A sample positive is noted. Test in a different lab with the second lab having no notice of the prior result. Make it quick and accurate.

Was Tom the one who broke the news (via Twitter) or was it leaked to the media? Any word from Vaughters?

b3rniemac said:
Was Tom the one who broke the news (via Twitter) or was it leaked to the media? Any word from Vaughters?
tom broke it on twitter.
b3rniemac said:
tom broke it on twitter.
b3rniemac said:
tom broke it on twitter.
b3rniemac said:
tom broke it on twitter.
b3rniemac said:
tom broke it on twitter.
b3rniemac said:
tom broke it on twitter.
b3rniemac said:
tom broke it on twitter.