Tom Danielson

thecyclist said:
It's kinda crazy that Tom worships Lance so much that he even married Lance's ex-wife Kristin Armstrong.Kristin

Read the first paragraph in this link: http://www.roadcycling.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi/3/213

That's Tom's wife before she married him. Her name was Kristin Johnson. She was never married to Lance. She used to ride for T-Mobile, like Kristin Armstrong http://www.usacycling.org/gallery/albums/High-Res-Images/Kristin_Armstrong_head.sized.jpg does now, the lady who keeps winning and happens to share the same last name as Lance. She is not Lance's ex either. Lance's ex wife is shown here. It's hard to see, but she's not the same as the other two: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/cycling/news/2001/08/05/armstrong_austin_ap/t1_armstrong_ap-01.jpg

Yeah, they're all beautiful blondes, but they're different people. Let's not get them mixed up.

SaintAndrew said:
pretty weird to see a danielson thread in the grand tour forum, even if it is trolling.
This is a nominal grand tour forum, plenty of discussion of non-GT pro tour races. And, like him or leave him, the guy has two top-10 placings in GTs, which puts him ahead of, what, 90% of the pro peloton?

JRMDC said:
This is a nominal grand tour forum, plenty of discussion of non-GT pro tour races. And, like him or leave him, the guy has two top-10 placings in GTs, which puts him ahead of, what, 90% of the pro peloton?
Well that's the 90% of the peleton who don't claim to be GT GC riders.

I think he has dropped out of more GTs than he has finished.

wicklow200 said:
Well that's the 90% of the peleton who don't claim to be GT GC riders.

I think he has dropped out of more GTs than he has finished.
Why the antagonism toward Danielson?

Anyway, I believe he has finished two (both Vueltas) and dropped out of two (both Giros).

whiteboytrash said:
That article makes me want to scratch his eyeballs out with blunt screwdriver and drown him in his own bile even more than before...
What article about a DC rider would NOT make you feel that way? :)

Besides "LA goes to jail"? :)

Don't get me wrong, I think Danielson is defensive about his work in the Giro but not in a fully honest way; I would like him to have said he was not good/strong enough to provide full service. He shows selfishness there.

But then, I don't expect take lessons in personal behavior from any athlete; although there are some gems, I believe it just isn't possible for a lot of athletes to be great people also.

I did find the discussion of mental challenges interesting.

JRMDC said:
What article about a DC rider would NOT make you feel that way? :)

Besides "LA goes to jail"? :)
At least LA is half cool... yeah he has a bad dress sense and is a serial wearer of leather jackets but he loves the Arctic Monkey’s and has seen them live.... if you have an iPod and iTunes Lance has put up his own playlist under NIKE songs and he’s got some well good tracks up there... if you never heard of the Arctic Monkey’s you seriously need to get on board… best British band since the last band you yanks have never heard of…. (sold my than the Beetles first album)…… [url="http://www.arcticmonkeys.com/Tommy"]http://www.arcticmonkeys.com/

Tommy[/url] D will never be cool enough to see a live band let alone a cutting edge band like the monkey’s….. he just calls up his boring mountain biking wife when he's down after losing 6 minutes on one stage and having mental problems.... oh and makes coffee... he's a tool....

One last thing.. he’s a liar... no way he didn't have an agreement with Vino to win that stage, of course he had an agreement...... and his ******** about helping Savo... he was doing nothing of the sort...

The Arctic Monkeys are a band based on hype. They caught the eye because they evolved from the internet. Now the craze has died down poor them.

The Arctic Monkeys are a band based on hype. They caught the eye because they evolved from the internet. Now the craze has died down poor them.

El Loto said:
Hype yes but still very very good music... raw, edgy and full of energy.... loads better than most of the top 40 drivel..... there is nothing from the US that matches.... maybe "Brand New" but they still sounds a little like Wheatus college rock.. barf !

Lance also likes the Killers and John Butler Trio.... so he's still cool... but unfortunately Sheryl bloody Crow is on his playlist.....

Lance likes the Killers. Poor man. Seems like he is fed by NME and Channel 4.

David Bowie, New Order, Pixies, Tori Amos, Manic Street Preachers, Ladytron, Kraftwerk.

Well, leaving aside that photo, Janez B makes Tom D look especially fat! Also, Janez B is in fact young, whereas Tom D only tries to excuse himself as being a young cyclist (when he isn't!) I'm beginning to like Janez B just because he's going to make Tom D like the schmuck that TD is. :D