Tom Danielson

snood

Aug 2, 2006
He says about his new team-Slpstream. “They take away the pressure that would maybe desensitize you to your morals and make doping more of a possibility,” Danielson said. “Really, it’s a relief.”

Has he left Michele forever?

snood said:
He says about his new team-Slpstream. “They take away the pressure that would maybe desensitize you to your morals and make doping more of a possibility,” Danielson said. “Really, it’s a relief.”

What does it really mean?
Was he under pressure at Disco to take drugs and he didn't, so that's excuse for his poor performances. Or he's admitting he was taking drugs 'cause he had to (but didn't want to).
Whatever... With this statement he clearly accused Disco for running systematic doping programme (or, at least, forcing riders to dope).
Whatever... He's full of ****.

Andrija said:
He's full of ****.
Don't say that! You'll only set Helmut off on one of his homoerotic fantasies and who knows how that will all end.

snood said:

The $64K question is whether he has lost that pathetic man-love for Armstrong, perhaps after he found out what was going on at Postal/Disco. Writings on his wife's blog imply that Johann "Look 'em In The Eye" Bruyneel has treated him very badly this season.

Bruyneel didn't bring the Great White Hype to Astana. Either he does not think Tommy D. has it, TD doesn't respond as well to the dope as others, or TD is not willing to dope at Astana.

Bro Deal said:
Bruyneel didn't bring the Great White Hype to Astana. Either he does not think Tommy D. has it, TD doesn't respond as well to the dope as others, or TD is not willing to dope at Astana.
He does not have a future in front of him ,his results are in the past.....That's what I heard from a Disco rider 2 years ago.

wolfix said:
He does not have a future in front of him ,his results are in the past.....That's what I heard from a Disco rider 2 years ago.
What results? :D

I don't see the reason for that statement--or at least a non-doping reason. I may like to make fun of the dude, but he does appear talented even if he is very fragile. I don't see why he could not win the Dauphine or the Tour of Switzerland.

Bro Deal said:
What results? :D

I don't see the reason for that statement--or at least a non-doping reason. I may like to make fun of the dude, but he does appear talented even if he is very fragile. I don't see why he could not win the Dauphine or the Tour of Switzerland.
I think he is getting older. I think he has some talent too, but only in specialized races. His "results" are not what most pro's would expect in a career, but he did show some climbing ability at times.
His ability is probably half of what he thinks it is...... But in cycling, like life, it's "what have you done for me lately"
I'm not so sure he is a team player. [other issues besides doping]

wolfix said:
I think he is getting older. I think he has some talent too, but only in specialized races. His "results" are not what most pro's would expect in a career, but he did show some climbing ability at times.
His ability is probably half of what he thinks it is...... But in cycling, like life, it's "what have you done for me lately"
I'm not so sure he is a team player. [other issues besides doping]
I reckon he is a timetrialler.

I think that is why he does so well in one off hill climbs. I think he must have an energy system built for 45 minutes and does not have the endurance without pressing the issue on the recovery drugs.

I think he probably did less than what he could have at USPS/Disco. By really getting his medical program in order, he could have won some races.

See Fassa period. He must have been virtually clean except when Feretti and his docs got him intra tour. But even then, Feretti phased out the internal team doping at The Tour, not that Tom rode that. But I suspect they phased that out, only in France, where import/export posed an added risk.

But he finished twice in the top 10 at the Vuelta. Ahead of him are hardcore dopers.

But to me, he should become a domestique, and focus on timetrialling, where I believe he can win the odd timetrial from 25 thru 45 kms.

Since Vaughters knows exactly what is going on at Postal/Disco, why did he hire Danielson?

1) TD was not part of the inner circle that is expected to go to the TdF, so he didn't get any dope or he was on the low level economy plan.

2) TD gave Vaughters a similar story to what Vaughters went through: He was deceived and pressured to dope by Postal management but was unhappy about the situation.

Bro Deal said:
Since Vaughters knows exactly what is going on at Postal/Disco, why did he hire Danielson?

1) TD was not part of the inner circle that is expected to go to the TdF, so he didn't get any dope or he was on the low level economy plan.

2) TD gave Vaughters a similar story to what Vaughters went through: He was deceived and pressured to dope by Postal management but was unhappy about the situation.
no doubt he was doping like the rest of them. But on the economy program surely.

I think Bruyneel is getting some better riders at a discount considering this is not a time of great contracts for the riders in cycling......

The migration from Team Discovery Channel to Team Astana continues, with Jose Luis 'Chechu' Rubiera being the latest to make the move. According to chechurubiero.info, the Spaniard has just signed a one-year deal with the Kazakh sponsored team. "I spoke to Johan [Bruyneel] yesterday, and signed the deal," he told the website. "I am very excited. I will start training again today. The training camp is in December, in Valencia."

wolfix said:
I think Bruyneel is getting some better riders at a discount considering this is not a time of great contracts for the riders in cycling......
He got Chris Horner to Astana too.