Tom slicks with bigger tubes

I've got 26x1.4 Tom Slick tires and am using them on 2.1" tubes. The
recommended pressure is 40-80psi, but I'm sure that's referring to a
1.4" tube. What pressure should I be running with?

On May 18, 8:21 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> I've got 26x1.4 Tom Slick tires and am using them on 2.1" tubes. The
> recommended pressure is 40-80psi, but I'm sure that's referring to a
> 1.4" tube. What pressure should I be running with?

Why would you need to use a different pressure with the larger tube?

Were you thinking of going higher than 80psi or lower than 40psi
or ???

[email protected] wrote:
> I've got 26x1.4 Tom Slick tires and am using them on 2.1" tubes. The
> recommended pressure is 40-80psi, but I'm sure that's referring to a
> 1.4" tube. What pressure should I be running with?

Firstly get the right size tubes. Your too-big tube is gonna crack and
leak where it's wrinkled up inside the tire....

Secondly, inflate it to whatever you want, as long as it's within the
PSI range of the tire and the rim for that width of a tire (frequently a
narrower rim will have a lower upper-limit with wide tires, than a wider
tire itself will).
~

On May 18, 9:12 pm, Victor Kan <[email protected]> wrote:
> On May 18, 8:21 pm, [email protected] wrote:
>
> > I've got 26x1.4 Tom Slick tires and am using them on 2.1" tubes. The
> > recommended pressure is 40-80psi, but I'm sure that's referring to a
> > 1.4" tube. What pressure should I be running with?

> Why would you need to use a different pressure with the larger tube?
>
> Were you thinking of going higher than 80psi or lower than 40psi
> or ???

Try 40 to 80 psi and see what fits you and your riding. I like 60 psi
no higher or lower.