Tom Taylor FWD , Anyone here built one???

Status

Robert Box

Guest
Has anyone here built a Tom Taylor, fwd swinging boom bike?

I am looking for info on these bikes and would appreciate an email or seeing your comments on your
experiences. Both good and bad. Things you would change, improvements to it ect. They appear to be
pretty neat but I am looking for someone with hands- on experience.

I'm trying to get research it first before the prototype begins construction.

Thanks

Robert

[email protected] (Robert Box) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Has anyone here built a Tom Taylor, fwd swinging boom bike?
>
> I am looking for info on these bikes and would appreciate an email or seeing your comments on your
> experiences. Both good and bad. Things you would change, improvements to it ect. They appear to be
> pretty neat but I am looking for someone with hands- on experience.
>
> I'm trying to get research it first before the prototype begins construction.
>
> Thanks
>
> Robert

I built one last summer, and haven't been able to ride it more than a few hundred feet or so. My
version is USS, and I think that that may be part of the problem. I'll be mailing you some
pictures shortly.

Paul

[email protected] (Robert Box) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Has anyone here built a Tom Taylor, fwd swinging boom bike?
>
> I am looking for info on these bikes and would appreciate an email or seeing your comments on your
> experiences. Both good and bad. Things you would change, improvements to it ect. They appear to be
> pretty neat but I am looking for someone with hands- on experience.
>
> I'm trying to get research it first before the prototype begins construction.
>
> Thanks
>
> Robert

You'll find more info if you spell his name correctly: Tom Traylor. I'll assume you've already found
his web page at http://traylorfwd.home.mindspring.com/index.html

I think that people's experiences with other moving-crank-FWD bikes would probably be relevant. You
should look at postings about the Flevo bikes and Pops Patterson's designs.

Too bad you weren't in Portland a week and a half ago- Tom and Sima were in town for the Human Power
Challenge. You could have sampled his- and many other's- bikes.

(I'm still putting together the results and photos web pages. I should be done tomorrow. In the
meantime, here's a sample photo: http://www.photodad.com/gallery/hpv_030525/IMG_2075 An interesting
technical tidbit from the races: of the five multi-rider entries, only one had a conventional linked
drivetrain- a RANS Screamer. All the rest were independant drivetrains: a pair of linked
Kettweisels, Gary Dinsmores WYMS copy, and a pair of back-to-back bikes. I'll put comments on the
web page.)

Jeff

My apologies to Tom for the misspelling of his name .

[email protected] (Robert Box) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Has anyone here built a Tom Taylor, fwd swinging boom bike?
>
> I am looking for info on these bikes and would appreciate an email or seeing your comments on your
> experiences. Both good and bad. Things you would change, improvements to it ect. They appear to be
> pretty neat but I am looking for someone with hands- on experience.
>
> I'm trying to get research it first before the prototype begins construction.
>
> Thanks
>
> Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.