Tomac

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Tim, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Tim

    Tim Guest

    I'm looking into a Tomac 78 Special. Anyone have an opinion on Tomac? Does anyone care who Tomac
    is anymore?

    Tags:

  2. Surgius

    Surgius Guest

    "Tim" <[email protected]'rekidding.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm looking into a Tomac 78 Special. Anyone have an opinion on Tomac? Does anyone care who Tomac
    > is anymore?

    Tomac?!? Wasn't that a rock group in the 70's?

    j/k :p

  3. Baxter

    Baxter Guest

    "Tim" <[email protected]'rekidding.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm looking into a Tomac 78 Special. Anyone have an opinion on Tomac? Does anyone care who Tomac
    > is anymore?

    It's about the bike (regardless of Lance's book title). Who cares about Tomac is secondary to
    getting the best bike for yourself. Ride it and be the judge.

    Greg

  4. David Bailey

    David Bailey Guest

    Tim <[email protected]'rekidding.com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I'm looking into a Tomac 78 Special. Anyone have an opinion on Tomac? Does anyone care who Tomac
    > is anymore?

    Tomac would only use the very best equipment available (when he was sponsored by Giant he never even
    raced their frames choosing instead to get US custom made bikes) The bikes he launched are designed
    with Doug Bradbury and that guy has some serious clues. The company has been sold out now and most
    frames are made in Taiwan but I think the quality (and price!!) is still kind of there.

  5. David Bailey

    David Bailey Guest

    Tim <[email protected]'rekidding.com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I'm looking into a Tomac 78 Special. Anyone have an opinion on Tomac? Does anyone care who Tomac
    > is anymore?

    RLX Polo Sport and Tomac have joined forces for the 2003 racing season. The RLX Polo Sport Mountain
    Biking Team will ride the Tomac Buckshot and the Tomac Revolver in National and World Cup events
    throughout North America and Europe. Also on slate for the team are mountain biking festivals and
    24-hour races in the United States to keep the team near their mountain biking roots.

    John Tomac was very upbeat about the new partnership and said "I am very excited to see Tomac
    Bicycles back on the professional racing circuit and I look forward to working with the team at the
    race events in 03. This will not only be an excellent proving ground for our x-country product, but
    it will also enables Tomac to stay on the cutting edge of product development using the RLX Polo
    Sport riders as additional R & D test pilots. "

    Returning to the team's roster for 2003 are Jimena Florit the Argentinean who resides in San Diego,
    CA, winner of four nationals and overall winner of the NORBA Championship Series in 2002; Jeremy
    Horgan-Kobelski from Boulder, CO, the 2002 U.S. NORBA National Champion and Dave Wiens from
    Gunnison, CO, a former US National Champion and Hall of Famer. The remaining roster will be
    announced soon. Franklin Henry from Boulder, CO, who has been with the team since the mid 1990's,
    manages the team.

    Tomac is part of the American Bicycle Group family, a Chattanooga, TN based company that is the
    parent company of Litespeed, Merlin Metalworks, Tomac, and Quintana Roo.

  6. Z-Man

    Z-Man Guest

    John Tomac, Tinker Juarez, & Ned Overland. Are some of the great mountain bike racers that made the
    sport explode in the 90's. So who cares? You should if you love the sport.

    nuff said!!!

  7. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Z-Man" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > John Tomac, Tinker Juarez, & Ned Overland. Are some of the great mountain bike racers that made
    > the sport explode in the 90's.

    Who are they and how did they make mountain biking explode? Racing is lame.

    > So who cares?

    I sure as hell don't.

    > You should if you love the sport.

    What rock did you crawl out from under?

    > nuff said!!!

    Definitely, you may go now.

    JD

  8. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Jonathan Harris wrote:
    > Z-Man wrote:
    >
    >> John Tomac, Tinker Juarez, & Ned Overland.
    >

    > Come on. Hands up. Who doesn't remember that famous mountain biking icon 'Ned Overland'?

    Wasn't he 19-time World Champion from 1916 to 1911? Was from Borneo, I think?

    Greg "Joe Murray was the king" T.

    --
    "Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
    we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

  9. Dave

    Dave Guest

    > Michael Dart <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > > Come on. Hands up. Who doesn't remember that famous mountain biking icon 'Ned Overland'?
    > > >
    > > Wasn't he a teammate with Ryder O'Hillandale?
    >
    > Wasn't he banned for repeatedly squishing daffodils?
    >

    > Shaun aRe - The clouds aren't lonely here.

    but I'll wager you are!

    Dave (can't imagine why?)

  10. Dave

    Dave Guest

    > "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > > Shaun aRe - The clouds aren't lonely here.
    > >
    > > but I'll wager you are!
    > >
    > > Dave (can't imagine why?)
    > > >

    > Shaun have you been feedin' strays again? This one is following you everywhere.

    Everywhere is right here in AM-B? Dude you need to get out more. Newsflash: this is not everywhere
    Mike. This is one newsgroup out of what, 50,000. I see your point(less)

    Dave (allow me to piss on your leg then!)

    > Mike

  11. Dave

    Dave Guest

    > Michael Dart <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > > but I'll wager you are!
    > > >
    > > > Dave (can't imagine why?)
    > > > >

    > > Shaun have you been feedin' strays again? This one is following you everywhere.
    >
    > I know - I keep throwing him shit,

    cuz that's all you got is shit, becuse that's all you are! Shit!

    and he keeps lapping it up. Stupid
    > fucker, heheheheh ',;~}
    >
    > Shaun aRe

    See I think you're the STUPID FUCKER! I've been calling you that all day, yet you still think you're
    doing something.....

    Dave (see ya dumb shit!)

  12. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Jonathan Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Michael Dart wrote:
    >
    > > Shaun have you been feedin' strays again?
    >
    > One of Shaun's hobbies is picking up stray bitches. Usually mongrels...

    yeah, we've heard about some of his girlfriends.....

    Dave (Bark at the moon!)

  13. Jeffrz

    Jeffrz Guest

    Here here!...I wish I was as into MTB racing now as I was back then.....a great deal of it had to do
    with the actual racers. Tomac did for mountain biking what Lemond did for American roadies.....We
    need some more American bike champions again. Im too old and way too slow : )

  14. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Michael Dart <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > > If you think you can stop humping Shauns leg long enough.
    > >
    > > EEEEeeeeuuuugggGHHHH! Did you _have_ to say that? I've been in a smiling happy mood all morning,
    > > mind full of wonderful images, and you just made
    > me
    > > feel _very_ ill.
    > >
    > > _Bastard_.
    > >
    > > Shaun aRe - ;-(