Tommaso Monza for Women -- How's the Fit?

sproketz SC

Sep 21, 2011
Hi--
I am considering purchasing a Tommaso Monza, and I'm wondering what kind of experience it's been for other women?

I see some positive reviews from women, but I'm specifically wondering about fit/comfort -- ie, was the seat comfortable, did you have to replace the handlbars (to more narrow, shorter drop bars), did you have to replace the stem, did you put shims in the brake levers, etc.

I'm 5'2", so I'm looking at the 47cm model which says it's a good fit for someone 4'11" to 5'3". A gal pal of mine, of similar height, bought a used Tommaso AS1 a couple of years ago, but had to make quite a few 'adjustments' to get the right fit. But that is a different bike, and it's possible that the original owner could have made his own adjustments, as well. Who knows?

Also, if there are any other road bikes out there of comparable quality under $1K, I'm not totally sold on the Tommaso, so I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks. I've gained a lot of good info on this forum--it's much appreciated!

Bike fit is a highly personal thing. Not all people of the same height have the same leg or torso length. Some folks have wider shoulder and some are way more flexible that others. When it comes to saddles, well, matters get even worse - depending on the width of your bony bits in and around your nether regions and how much pelvic rotation you can get, your saddle choice may differ from some the same height and weight.

The only way to tell is go ride one. Sadly, there really isn't any other way.