Tommaso

Paul Westall

Guest
Anyone on the group riding a Tommaso bike? Any comments-are they durable or junk? Paul

Paul, There are two different bicycles that have had the Tommaso name. The first was an imported
from Italy by Ten Speed Drive during the 80's-93ish. These bikes are actually pretty nice bikes,
nice ride, good paint, last a long time. The current bikes useing the Tommaso name are pretty
generic made in China. They do not have a dealer network in the US and sell primarily on EBay. They
are something to be avoided. Hope this helps, Garry

news:MM%[email protected]...

"garry n" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Paul, There are two different bicycles that have had the Tommaso name. The first was an imported
> from Italy by Ten Speed Drive during the 80's-93ish. These bikes are actually pretty nice bikes,
> nice ride, good paint, last a long time. The current bikes useing the Tommaso name are pretty
> generic made in China. They do not have a dealer network in the US and sell primarily on EBay.
> They are something to be avoided. Hope this helps, Garry

Thanks, that clears up my confusion. I had heard some good things about them and that they were made
in Italy. But, I was pretty sure I had also heard that they were made in China. Anyhow, I figured
for $400 new they were probably pretty low quality. Paul

"Paul Westall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:MM%[email protected]...
> Anyone on the group riding a Tommaso bike? Any comments-are they durable
or
> junk?

Tom Eason of TSDI was interested in distributing a brand he could completely control and came up
with "Tommaso" name- similar to the Cinelli Project bikes we discussed here recently. Any of several
Italian builders could build a few of these standardized frames. The distributor ran the marketing,
paint and decals here.

I see things a different. I have read personal reviews from people who have the Tommaso Capri and have scored it well. The bike is great for those just getting into the sport. The shimano componets work well also comes with a great set of wheels.

"vladimir102" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I see things a different. I have read personal reviews from people who have the Tommaso Capri and
> have scored it well. The bike is great for those just getting into the sport. The shimano
> componets work well also comes with a great set of wheels.

My little brother just bought the Al/carbon Tommaso frame/fork. He likes
it.

Mike