Tommy D. lighting it up

Bruyneel on TD:

"Who will be the protected riders for the team at the Tour of Spain?

- We have three riders that want to go for a good placing in the General Classification. Jani Brajkovic, Stijn Devolder, and Tom Danielson. [Note Tommy D is after even Devolder, in Devolder's capacity as a GC rider instead of Classics person! :D ]

Speaking of Tom, do you think he has finally gotten his health problems behind him?

- That's what I hear, but the reality is that after June and through the Tour I have not had that much contact with him. But it was good to hear that when he got back to the US they found out what was wrong with him. So I think that for the Vuelta he should be at a good level, at least as good a level as last year.

Does the team go in as more of a stage hunting squad, or to compete for the overall?

- As I said, we don't have anyone going that is trying to go for the win. My rivals will say that I am bullshitting because I said that at the Tour de France, too! But I think a Top 10 or Top 5 placing should be something worth fighting for."

http://www.johanbruyneel.com/column.aspx?id=93

musette said:
Bruyneel on TD:

"Who will be the protected riders for the team at the Tour of Spain?

- We have three riders that want to go for a good placing in the General Classification. Jani Brajkovic, Stijn Devolder, and Tom Danielson. [Note Tommy D is after even Devolder, in Devolder's capacity as a GC rider instead of Classics person! :D ]

Speaking of Tom, do you think he has finally gotten his health problems behind him?

- That's what I hear, but the reality is that after June and through the Tour I have not had that much contact with him. But it was good to hear that when he got back to the US they found out what was wrong with him. So I think that for the Vuelta he should be at a good level, at least as good a level as last year.

Does the team go in as more of a stage hunting squad, or to compete for the overall?

- As I said, we don't have anyone going that is trying to go for the win. My rivals will say that I am bullshitting because I said that at the Tour de France, too! But I think a Top 10 or Top 5 placing should be something worth fighting for."

http://www.johanbruyneel.com/column.aspx?id=93
Interesting! I thought that Contador would ride his home Grand Tour. But he isn't mentioned as a protected rider. Depending on which start list you go by, it also looks like Levi has been pulled from the Tour of Germany. Is there a chance that Johann wants to put Levi in the Vuelta and go for the win?

classic1 said:
Geebus christ! Thats the biggest star studded field I've seen since the TOUR DE FRANCE!! TOMMYD IS A GOD!!!
Maybe you didn't notice the context of the original conversation, microbrain; and that he also has 2 top ten's in the Vuelta.

Whoa, super climber Tommy D. just got schooled by Voight by over five minutes on the big climb in the Tour of Germany. I guess we won't bee seeing any coffee named Rettenbachferner Ride.

I would say TD will end up at Jittery Joe's but I am not sure they would want to hire a coffee mogul who competes against the main sponsor.

saluki said:
Maybe you didn't notice the context of the original conversation, microbrain; and that he also has 2 top ten's in the Vuelta.
Maybe you didn't notice the context of the whole ****ing thread, blockhead, that TommyD is now 29 years old, isn't that good in the whole scheme of things and isn't going to get any better.

If Tommy D. couldn't get his long promised results under the Disco's blood doping program, he's going to be totally boned with Team Slipstream.

I hope coffee sales are good. "Drink coffee like a pro." ;)

No worries for TD or Thor or David.

Slipstream will have an excellent blood doping program to go with the daily steroid rejuvination treatments.

Vaughters knows doping.

Bro Deal said:
If Tommy D. couldn't get his long promised results under the Disco's blood doping program, he's going to be totally boned with Team Slipstream.

I hope coffee sales are good. "Drink coffee like a pro." ;)

For all the **** you guys give him he isn't actually that bad. Two top 10's in the Vuelta, and his stage win last year was pretty good. But yes he is hyped up way too much by the Disco fan boys. He will never win a GT. Might win a hilly one day race if he learns how to sprint a bit.

Tom Danielson lines up Saturday for the Vuelta a España with a clean bill of health following a painful and sometimes bizarre battle with debilitating stomach problems.

Danielson missed what was expected to be a Tour de France debut this year following a series of recurring stomach problems that derailed efforts at the Volta a Catalunya and the Dauphiné Libéré earlier this season.

"I was in so much pain I wanted to cut open my stomach and give birth to an alien," Danielson told VeloNews. "June and July were really dark months. My body was screwed up, I couldn't eat, I couldn't pedal. I was hoping to do the Tour and I was dealing with failure. I went from being in awesome condition to just being screwed and sitting on the toilet, not able to ride my bike. I felt like a fool because I couldn't race."

A desperate Danielson wound up at a European hospital in early June trying to identify what was rotting in his guts. When Spanish doctors told him he might need a colosectomy, he packed his bags and returned to home.

Well he lasted 90,000 metres in this years Vuelta. A fruitful season for little Tommy.

Whoever is in possession of the voodoo doll must've accidentally dropped it, causing the fall and fractured collarbone.

Tommy D. wins Plouay! :eek: A ProTour race at that. Wow.

Oops, my mistake. It was Tommy V., a rider with ten times the talent.

Maybe Tommy D is really a girl ?
___
Women's cycling in the Netherlands has been turned on its head after the newspaper Eindhovens Dagblad revealed that a female cyclist was in fact born as a man 32 years ago. The rider debuted this year in the women's field and immediately the rumour mills began questioning her sexuality as a result of her performance and visual characteristics.

After a few podium places and a win in a regional race, a fellow cyclist questioned the rider on the topic, which lead to the paper running the story. The Dutch cyclist has refused to comment on the matter, but a spokesperson from her club spoke with the paper. "If there are people who have a problem with [the rider's] trans-sexuality then they should take it up with the cycle federation," the source said. "She received a valid licence from them."

The Dutch cycling federation, KNWU, doesn't see a problem with the situation. "[The rider] under went a medical examination and her passport states that she is a women," a KNWU spokesperson told the paper. "We understand that there are some people questioning this but everything is in order."

"We are still asking ourselves if it is a fair," confessed Sissy van Alebeek, a fellow competitor in the women's peloton. "Okay she received a licence, but it is all very unclear. [The rider] can ride very hard; a lot of riders are asking if she really is all women, if everything was taken off."

whiteboytrash said:
Maybe Tommy D is really a girl ?
___
Women's cycling in the Netherlands has been turned on its head after the newspaper Eindhovens Dagblad revealed that a female cyclist was in fact born as a man 32 years ago. The rider debuted this year in the women's field and immediately the rumour mills began questioning her sexuality as a result of her performance and visual characteristics.

After a few podium places and a win in a regional race, a fellow cyclist questioned the rider on the topic, which lead to the paper running the story. The Dutch cyclist has refused to comment on the matter, but a spokesperson from her club spoke with the paper. "If there are people who have a problem with [the rider's] trans-sexuality then they should take it up with the cycle federation," the source said. "She received a valid licence from them."

The Dutch cycling federation, KNWU, doesn't see a problem with the situation. "[The rider] under went a medical examination and her passport states that she is a women," a KNWU spokesperson told the paper. "We understand that there are some people questioning this but everything is in order."

"We are still asking ourselves if it is a fair," confessed Sissy van Alebeek, a fellow competitor in the women's peloton. "Okay she received a licence, but it is all very unclear. [The rider] can ride very hard; a lot of riders are asking if she really is all women, if everything was taken off."
Maybe Sissy should give her the highly reliable Crocodile Dundee gender test?

You know, its easy to crticize these guys. However, I suspect that in a race between Danielson and the best of us weekend warriors, the guy would smoke us on his worst day. A hungover Danielson with pnuemonia and a groin injury would drop me with ease. Same goes for all of these guys.

Bro Deal said:
I just found this. I need to get me this T shirt. ;)
That sure would fit in perfectly with cycling gear. Just make sure that the T-shirt is also a tight fit. ;):D