Tommy D. lighting it up

I am officially going to stop bagging on Tommy D.--unless he does something to truly deserve it. I think he will have a decent season this year. I also think there is a good chance he will pull off a big win in europe. Without thinking too much about the doping issue, he has the goods to do it.

One of his problems always seemed to be that he was fragile physically and mentally. Hopefully the problems he had with Disco and Bruyneel have forced him to harden the **** up.

I'm not going to be buying his coffee or anything, but even that I can see in a good light. He's smart enough to try to build something that capitalizes on his time as a pro.

Jeebus. I hop on the Tommy D. bandwagon and this season won't be any better than last season. He has a ruptured disk and won't be at Paris-Nice.

It's one injury or sickness after another with this guy.

Bro Deal said:
Jeebus. I hop on the Tommy D. bandwagon and this season won't be any better than last season. He has a ruptured disk and won't be at Paris-Nice.

It's one injury or sickness after another with this guy.
Its worse than Shaq!

I hope he's racing clean now, as I think he got sucked into the system much like Armstrong.

Bro Deal said:
I am officially going to stop bagging on Tommy D.--unless he does something to truly deserve it. I think he will have a decent season this year. I also think there is a good chance he will pull off a big win in europe. Without thinking too much about the doping issue, he has the goods to do it.

One of his problems always seemed to be that he was fragile physically and mentally. Hopefully the problems he had with Disco and Bruyneel have forced him to harden the **** up.

I'm not going to be buying his coffee or anything, but even that I can see in a good light. He's smart enough to try to build something that capitalizes on his time as a pro.
come on bro, just one cuppa cafe :p

thunder said:
come on bro, just one cuppa cafe :p
Backstedt has his own coffee also. It's called Viking Blend. I wonder if the team fights over whose coffee to drink.

Bro Deal said:
Backstedt has his own coffee also. It's called Viking Blend. I wonder if the team fights over whose coffee to drink.
did, I think he sold about ten vacuum packs and gave the rest to liquigas teammates

Bro Deal said:
my money's on Big Maggie if it comes down to a fight

Tommy D. has climbed out of his hospital bed and is racing again. 13th in the Redlands prologue. He's on track to make it halfway through the Giro.

Bro Deal said:
Tommy D. has climbed out of his hospital bed and is racing again. 13th in the Redlands prologue. He's on track to make it halfway through the Giro.
Halfway? That's maybe pushing it Bro. I mean it's his first year as a pro, right? His people shouldn't push him too much too young. Ease him into the sport. How about he shows up for the Giro presentation then pulls a muscle when riding onto the podium? That way he'd still have time to come back for and win the Mount Whatever hillclimb later in the season.

Bro Deal said:

A new coffee flavor should follow shortly.

It is the year of the break up. Hamilton, FLandis, and now Tommy D. have left their wives.
tdg-steph.jpg

From Danielson's bio on his site:

Tom began racing mountain bikes in 1994 and after some successes racing in New England, he moved onto Team Devo, the leader in U.S. junior development teams. In 1996 Tom won the NCS points series as a junior and represented the U.S. as a member of the Junior Worlds team in Australia.

The next year Tom raced elite and headed off to Colorado to attend Fort Lewis College in Durango, and to pursue his career in off-road racing.

Three years of mediocre results saw Tom's career on the mountain bike stagnating. In the fall of 2001, Tom met Rick Crawford who would eventually turn his career around. That fall, with Crawford's assistance, Tom won a National Championship with Fort Lewis College. That winter Tom worked closely with Crawford who helped him realize his potential on the road.

During the spring, Tom raced on the road for the Sobe/Headshok team attending races in Arizona and the front range of Colorado. Tom showed immense potential but was still green when it came to experience on the road bike.

Intense structure and training from Crawford led Tom to his early-season focus: New Mexico's Tour of the Gila. With some impressive climbing and an overall 8th place finish, Tom caught the eye of the powerful Team Mercury.
Bolded the good part.

My favorite part about this whole thread, and it really is reflective of the person in question, is that it never really has gone anywhere, but it just won't die.