Tomorrow AM - low of -4 F. I am SO riding at 4 AM.

Originally Posted by MotownBikeBoy

Well, how much can you really say about "it's cold"???
2 words
1 adjective
1 contraction, a contraction of a pronoun and an infinite verb
sentence fragment
7 letters
0 capitalized letters
2 vowels
1 puncuation mark

Pretty tasty looking bugs there. I would try the giant Thai water bugs if I had the opportunity. Scrambled eggs with licorice flavor, what's not to like about that?

http://www.eatingthaifood.com/2013/02/how-to-eat-a-giant-water-bug-maeng-da-thailand/
Did you get bitten by something "infernal" lately?
big-smile.png

0.jpg

Volnix, would you stop that infernal racket!?

infernal - irritating, hellish, diabolical, feindish, devilish. (common origin with "inferno")

0.jpg

28° this morning with three more inches of fresh snow down. The wind is running 20 MPH and the drifts were over 2' deep.

Maybe an afternoon at Ray's Indoor Mtb. Park would be a fix for my road jones. http://www.raysmtb.com/

Check out the pictures: http://www.raysmtb.com/raysmedia.html

Todays pics and weather report by Tera Blake...mmmm! Tera! http://www.newsnet5.com/live-storm-tracking "It's DAAAAAANGEROUS!"

That's pretty cool looking, Campy. It would be a fun place to work out, or just goof around. Looks like some of the cops in that one group photo need to spend more time at the IMtbP and less time at Dunkin' Donuts.
wink.png

One of my training buds took his daughter up to Ray's over the weekend. He just bought a new Cannonwhale mtb. and is jonesing at getting seat time on it...the weather has not been cooperating.

They had a great time and best of all, no slush or snow to ride thru.

That's pretty cool looking, Campy. It would be a fun place to work out, or just goof around. Looks like some of the cops in that one group photo need to spend more time at the IMtbP and less time at Dunkin' Donuts.
wink.png
I haven't had donuts in at least a year. Before changing my shopping habits, I used to stuff a fresh box of donuts into my backpack for a long ride.

Hey, will restuarant drive-thrus serve you if you're on a bicycle, or will they make you come inside? I drudge looking for a spot to lock-up at.

I used to live on junk food. Not good. Makes you feel like ****. Some of the drive throughs will let you order from a bike, but many won't.

Am I nuts? Well, yes, but that is another story. ;)
Its all about appropriate clothing, man up and stop complaining.

Rookie! When I was yer age...why, we rollered 50 kilometers to school and 50 kilometers back! Uphill, both ways! And we didn't have no fancy E-Motion! If we wanted to sprint, we just had to sprint off the rollers! And we wuz thankful!

The only time I like a headwind!

My 20-year old construction fan is a turbo! And the Park stand makes a great holder for my tunes. Bike's on the Kurt Kinetic in this pic.

Nice PT work stand, but jeez pony up $20 for some cheap lumber, some Elmer's, and a few screws and whip yerself up a nice table for the fan. You may not care but the Gardin deserves better. Sweet bar plugs btw.

Heheh! There's a pair of plastic 6' tables to the right side of the bike. A friend looked at the Pressure washer box/spare generator cord box /quartz heater Styrofoam packaging tower and said..."Manly!!!"!

I'll post a few examples of my table and bench building projects later.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
Rookie! When I was yer age...why, we rollered 50 kilometers to school and 50 kilometers back! Uphill, both ways! And we didn't have no fancy E-Motion! If we wanted to sprint, we just had to sprint off the rollers! And we wuz thankful!

The only time I like a headwind!

My 20-year old construction fan is a turbo! And the Park stand makes a great holder for my tunes. Bike's on the Kurt Kinetic in this pic.
It deep snow year round while being chased by vicious animals. Even the cats were bad. One time a 200 pound Tabby almost had me but luckily a 250 pound Chihuahua caught him at the edge of the frozen water fall just before I went over. Those were good times.

We got 1/2" of snow this morning...a little more supposedly coming tonight and tomorrow.

With the .4" Toledo received it just tied its snowfall record of 73.1". That was set in the Impending Ice Age Global Warming Extreme Weather Severe Weather winter weather of 1977-1978. THAT was a winter for the ages!

Those 200-pound Babcats are seriously vicious!

Nothing against OldBobCat, but the only good Babcats is a dead Babcat!

Quote by Danno:
"Nice PT work stand, but jeez pony up $20 for some cheap lumber, some Elmer's, and a few screws and whip yerself up a nice table for the fan."

OK...like JH, my feeeeelings are hurted some by da intarwebz!

The one time...the ONE time...I actually recycle something trash into something useful, do the Greens come out and cheer me on? Oh, Hellz noe! Instead, I suffer the outrageous slings and arrows of some guy with a girly girl table that looks like it was stolen from a Pizza Rut!

Yeah. I'm 'that' guy...the guy that used enough wood in his lifetime to get his mug on wanted posters in the Brazilian rain forest! And screws? You want to talk screws??? My interior Red Oak Board & Batten barn, Carside ceiling and what-not used somewhere North of 15,500 ceramic coated deck screws to put together!

And using mere screws in my workbenches and tables??? NOOOOOOOOO!!! These *****es be assembled using only5/16" and 3/8" Carriage bolts! You could park your car on them!

Feast your eyes on me being personally responsible for a 2° C rise in Mother Earth's temperature!

So...in summary...if you ever need a table for a fan built...and I don't!...I'm your huckleberry!

How's that, for a stack of oak? Figure 5 pounds plus per board foot...I got my upper body workout in just unloading the truck and stacking it! Those stall mats weigh 99 pounds each. This is how to stay fit and strong while off the bike.