Tomorrow is my 15th anniversery, and guess what my wife just did.(bent oriented sort off)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Azqaz

I was sitting there minding my own business web surfing, when my wife comes in and asks me what I
want for my anniversary present.

"Nothing", I say as I shrink my mozilla window.

"What was that you were looking at?" she asks giving me the "LOOK".

"Nothing", I say.

"What was it," she demanded.

"Egg Beaters," I mumble.

"Hunh?" she say.

"Bike pedals," I say. "but they cost $109."

"Well, why don't you get them for your present," she says.

"Because I would also need cycling shoes, and besides I need a new front tire before the little
glass cut grows into a major tear," I replied.

Well, to make a long story short I was "forced" to order the SS Egg Beaters, Lake 201 wide shoes,
and a pair of Kenda Kwest tires, and threatened with violence if I didn't have a confirmation number
for her in a few minutes. I told her "promises, promises", and she simply smiled, winked, and said
"you bet". So far it's a great anniversary. Now I just have to think of something for her, since she
doesn't ride. Maybe a ruby pendant... With a woman like that I gotta do something special. :)

Bryan

Hi Azqaz,

You (Azqaz) wrote:
> Now I just have to think of something for her, since she doesn't ride.
>
A tandem? ;-)

Regards, Helmuth

--
Home page: http://www.schutzeich.de/index.htm Virtual Access 5.51 build 315, Windows 2000 build 2600
Edited: Wed, 07 May 2003 10:24 +0200 CET Replies in NG only please.

a
> "Egg Beaters," I mumble.

> "but they cost $109."

The overstock on Eggies everywhere continues. They're currently $59 through pricepoint.com.

Sj

Originally posted by Azqaz
Now I just have to think of something for her, since she
doesn't ride. Maybe a ruby pendant... With a woman like that I gotta do something special. :)

That sounds like my wife. Though since I got my Burley she is starting to ride the BikeE and has claimed it as hers. She is extremely supportive on cycling events and goods. That is a big help.

Derek

Eggies for $59?

could have sworn that's what I saw on the flier that arrived with my brake order yesterday.
Obviously, I''ve been smoking too much grass. They're listed at $120 on the site...

Helmuth Schutzeich <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi Azqaz,
>
> You (Azqaz) wrote:
> > Now I just have to think of something for her, since she doesn't ride.
> >
> A tandem? ;-)
>
> Regards, Helmuth

You wouldn't beleive how may times I have been tempted to try and talk her into that. The few times
I have broached the subject it was squashed quickly by informing me that I am the person in the
family that likes bikes. ;)

Bryan

[email protected] (Seth Jayson) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> a
> > "Egg Beaters," I mumble.
>
> > "but they cost $109."
>
> The overstock on Eggies everywhere continues. They're currently $59 through pricepoint.com.
>
> Sj

Yeah, the 2002 models with the plastic caps are around for $60-$70, but I went with the 2003
stainless steel ones with the steel end cap on the spindle. The best I could find for those was $99,
and the added expense of a second shipping charge would have eaten most of that, so I just got them
from the place i got my shoes. Now I'll just have to remember to unclip. I figure 2-3 falls, and I
will catch on.;)

Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.