Tomorrow is my 15th anniversery, and guess what my wife just did.(bent oriented sort off)

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Azqaz, May 7, 2003.

  1. Azqaz

    Azqaz Guest

    I was sitting there minding my own business web surfing, when my wife comes in and asks me what I
    want for my anniversary present.

    "Nothing", I say as I shrink my mozilla window.

    "What was that you were looking at?" she asks giving me the "LOOK".

    "Nothing", I say.

    "What was it," she demanded.

    "Egg Beaters," I mumble.

    "Hunh?" she say.

    "Bike pedals," I say. "but they cost $109."

    "Well, why don't you get them for your present," she says.

    "Because I would also need cycling shoes, and besides I need a new front tire before the little
    glass cut grows into a major tear," I replied.

    Well, to make a long story short I was "forced" to order the SS Egg Beaters, Lake 201 wide shoes,
    and a pair of Kenda Kwest tires, and threatened with violence if I didn't have a confirmation number
    for her in a few minutes. I told her "promises, promises", and she simply smiled, winked, and said
    "you bet". So far it's a great anniversary. Now I just have to think of something for her, since she
    doesn't ride. Maybe a ruby pendant... With a woman like that I gotta do something special. :)

    Bryan

    Tags:

  2. Hi Azqaz,

    You (Azqaz) wrote:
    > Now I just have to think of something for her, since she doesn't ride.

    A tandem? ;-)

    Regards, Helmuth

    --
    Home page: http://www.schutzeich.de/index.htm Virtual Access 5.51 build 315, Windows 2000 build 2600
    Edited: Wed, 07 May 2003 10:24 +0200 CET Replies in NG only please.

  3. Seth Jayson

    Seth Jayson Guest

    > "Egg Beaters," I mumble.

    > "but they cost $109."

    The overstock on Eggies everywhere continues. They're currently $59 through pricepoint.com.

    Sj

  4. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    That sounds like my wife. Though since I got my Burley she is starting to ride the BikeE and has claimed it as hers. She is extremely supportive on cycling events and goods. That is a big help.

    Derek

  5. Seth Jayson

    Seth Jayson Guest

    Eggies for $59?

    could have sworn that's what I saw on the flier that arrived with my brake order yesterday.
    Obviously, I''ve been smoking too much grass. They're listed at $120 on the site...

  6. Azqaz

    Azqaz Guest

    Helmuth Schutzeich <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi Azqaz,
    >
    > You (Azqaz) wrote:
    > > Now I just have to think of something for her, since she doesn't ride.
    > >
    > A tandem? ;-)
    >
    > Regards, Helmuth

    You wouldn't beleive how may times I have been tempted to try and talk her into that. The few times
    I have broached the subject it was squashed quickly by informing me that I am the person in the
    family that likes bikes. ;)

    Bryan

  7. Azqaz

    Azqaz Guest

    [email protected] (Seth Jayson) wrote in message
    > > "Egg Beaters," I mumble.
    >
    > > "but they cost $109."
    >
    > The overstock on Eggies everywhere continues. They're currently $59 through pricepoint.com.
    >
    > Sj

    Yeah, the 2002 models with the plastic caps are around for $60-$70, but I went with the 2003
    stainless steel ones with the steel end cap on the spindle. The best I could find for those was $99,
    and the added expense of a second shipping charge would have eaten most of that, so I just got them
    from the place i got my shoes. Now I'll just have to remember to unclip. I figure 2-3 falls, and I
    will catch on.;)

    Bryan