Tomorrow's Dinner is gonna be Breakfast

Lynn from Fargo

Guest
Tomorrow's dinner at work (for the hungry/crazy members of the
psychosocial rehabilitation center where I work) is gonna be breakfast:

Wally Blue Pancakes recipe from Al's Breakfast
(Buttermilk/Blueberry/Walnut)
Grilled ham slices
Strangled Eggs with chives
Assorted Juices

This dinner will be served at 6 pm and there is no charge.

Lynn from Fargo

Lynn from Fargo wrote:
> Tomorrow's dinner at work (for the hungry/crazy members of the
> psychosocial rehabilitation center where I work) is gonna be breakfast:
>
> Wally Blue Pancakes recipe from Al's Breakfast
> (Buttermilk/Blueberry/Walnut)
> Grilled ham slices
> Strangled Eggs with chives
> Assorted Juices
>
> This dinner will be served at 6 pm and there is no charge.
>
> Lynn from Fargo

"Strangled eggs"......? Are you mad at the eggs? What did they ever do
to you? And how do yu get your hands around their little necks?

Jude wrote:
> Lynn from Fargo wrote:
> > Tomorrow's dinner at work (for the hungry/crazy members of the
> > psychosocial rehabilitation center where I work) is gonna be breakfast:
> >
> > Wally Blue Pancakes recipe from Al's Breakfast
> > (Buttermilk/Blueberry/Walnut)

What is said recipe?

> > Grilled ham slices
> > Strangled Eggs with chives
> > Assorted Juices
> >
> > This dinner will be served at 6 pm and there is no charge.
> >
> > Lynn from Fargo

> "Strangled eggs"......? Are you mad at the eggs? What did they ever do
> to you? And how do yu get your hands around their little necks?

Which came first, the strangled chicken or the strangled egg?

--Bryan

Food Snob wrote on 22 Feb 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Which came first, the strangled chicken or the strangled egg?
>
> --Bryan

The farmer, who did the strangling.

--
-Alan

In article <[email protected]>,
"Lynn from Fargo" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Tomorrow's dinner at work (for the hungry/crazy members of the
> psychosocial rehabilitation center where I work) is gonna be breakfast:
>
> Wally Blue Pancakes recipe from Al's Breakfast
> (Buttermilk/Blueberry/Walnut)
> Grilled ham slices
> Strangled Eggs with chives
> Assorted Juices
>
> This dinner will be served at 6 pm and there is no charge.
>
> Lynn from Fargo

Lessee . . . . if I leave now. . . . .How'd you get the recipe for the
Wally Blues?
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-19-2006, Yummy! and church review. :)

In article <[email protected]>,
"Lynn from Fargo" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Tomorrow's dinner at work (for the hungry/crazy members of the
> psychosocial rehabilitation center where I work) is gonna be breakfast:

My daughter and her roommate cooked for 75 people last weekend, a church
youth group conference. Saturday was Backwards Day, lasagna for
breakfast and breakfast foods for dinner.

--
Dan Abel
[email protected]

This recipe comes from Al's Breakfast in Minneapolis. via one of Jane &
Michael Stern's cookbooks (Goodfood?)

The tiny diner seats just fourteen and serves the best breakfasts in
the USA!Dry Mix

Wally Blues

Dry Mix
3 cups white flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda

Wet Mix
4 cups buttermilk
2 extra large eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons melted butter
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Add Ins
1 pint blueberries
1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped

Separately combine dry and wet ingredients in two bowls. Combine the
two mixtures and let sit awhile - at least 15 minutes, but overnite is
OK If it sits overnight, stir it well before using. You may need to
thin it with a bit more buttermilk.
*Heat a griddle or cast iron frying pan to medium, Grease griddle with
spray or a little butter. Pour out 6" diameter pancakes. Sprinkle with
blueberries and walnuts. Flip pancakes when bubbles on top are mostly
popped.Cook a minute more. Serve immediately with butter and syrup, if
desired. Serves four to six people.

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Lynn from Fargo" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Tomorrow's dinner at work (for the hungry/crazy members of the
> > psychosocial rehabilitation center where I work) is gonna be breakfast:
> >
> > Wally Blue Pancakes recipe from Al's Breakfast
> > (Buttermilk/Blueberry/Walnut)
> > Grilled ham slices
> > Strangled Eggs with chives
> > Assorted Juices
> >
> > This dinner will be served at 6 pm and there is no charge.
> >
> > Lynn from Fargo

> Lessee . . . . if I leave now. . . . .How'd you get the recipe for the
> Wally Blues?
> --
> http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-19-2006, Yummy! and church review. :)

On 22 Feb 2006 13:50:18 -0800, "Lynn from Fargo" <[email protected]>
rummaged among random neurons and opined:

>This recipe comes from Al's Breakfast in Minneapolis. via one of Jane &
>Michael Stern's cookbooks (Goodfood?)

<snip>

Uh, is this Al's in Dinkytown??

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

Terry Pulliam Burd <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 22 Feb 2006 13:50:18 -0800, "Lynn from Fargo" <[email protected]>
> rummaged among random neurons and opined:
>
> >This recipe comes from Al's Breakfast in Minneapolis. via one of Jane &
> >Michael Stern's cookbooks (Goodfood?)

> <snip>
>
> Uh, is this Al's in Dinkytown??
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

None but. :)
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-19-2006, Yummy! and church review. :)

In article <[email protected]>,
"Lynn from Fargo" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Tomorrow's dinner at work (for the hungry/crazy members of the
> psychosocial rehabilitation center where I work) is gonna be breakfast:
>
> Wally Blue Pancakes recipe from Al's Breakfast
> (Buttermilk/Blueberry/Walnut)
> Grilled ham slices
> Strangled Eggs with chives
> Assorted Juices
>
> This dinner will be served at 6 pm and there is no charge.

Sounds like our dinner tonight. I worked late and had no imagination
left over after wrestling with a thorny grant proposal, so I made
omelets stuffed with red and orange peppers, onion, garlic, and
artichoke hearts. Simple.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me

"Cindy Fuller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Lynn from Fargo" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Tomorrow's dinner at work (for the hungry/crazy members of the
>> psychosocial rehabilitation center where I work) is gonna be breakfast:
>>
>> Wally Blue Pancakes recipe from Al's Breakfast
>> (Buttermilk/Blueberry/Walnut)
>> Grilled ham slices
>> Strangled Eggs with chives
>> Assorted Juices
>>
>> This dinner will be served at 6 pm and there is no charge.
>>

> Sounds like our dinner tonight. I worked late and had no imagination
> left over after wrestling with a thorny grant proposal, so I made
> omelets stuffed with red and orange peppers, onion, garlic, and
> artichoke hearts. Simple.
>
> Cindy

Cindy, did you use canned artichoke hearts? They are pretty expensive
canned. After you use a few in a can (if you do), what do you do with the
rest of them.
Thanks,
Dee Dee

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 22:35:29 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
<[email protected]> rummaged among random neurons
and opined:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> Terry Pulliam Burd <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Uh, is this Al's in Dinkytown??

>None but. :)

Cool. I *love* that place. Still have the photo of us behind the
counter with the staff. Two of RFC's hot trollops!

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

Terry Pulliam Burd <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 22:35:29 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> <[email protected]> rummaged among random neurons
> and opined:
>
> >In article <[email protected]>,
> > Terry Pulliam Burd <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> Uh, is this Al's in Dinkytown??

> >None but. :)

> Cool. I *love* that place. Still have the photo of us behind the
> counter with the staff. Two of RFC's hot trollops!

Speak for yerself, Girlie. I ain't no trollop! My mom wouldn't let
me!! I keep tellin' ya.
--

"Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Cindy Fuller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "Lynn from Fargo" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> Tomorrow's dinner at work (for the hungry/crazy members of the
> >> psychosocial rehabilitation center where I work) is gonna be breakfast:
> >>
> >> Wally Blue Pancakes recipe from Al's Breakfast
> >> (Buttermilk/Blueberry/Walnut)
> >> Grilled ham slices
> >> Strangled Eggs with chives
> >> Assorted Juices
> >>
> >> This dinner will be served at 6 pm and there is no charge.
> >>

> > Sounds like our dinner tonight. I worked late and had no imagination
> > left over after wrestling with a thorny grant proposal, so I made
> > omelets stuffed with red and orange peppers, onion, garlic, and
> > artichoke hearts. Simple.
> >
> > Cindy
> >

> Cindy, did you use canned artichoke hearts? They are pretty expensive
> canned. After you use a few in a can (if you do), what do you do with the
> rest of them.
> Thanks,
> Dee Dee

I had some leftover marinated artichokes in a jar that I used. I have
only used canned hearts once or twice. I just bought some frozen
artichoke hearts at Trader Joe's, but haven't used them yet.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me

"Cindy Fuller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> "Cindy Fuller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > Sounds like our dinner tonight. I worked late and had no imagination
>> > left over after wrestling with a thorny grant proposal, so I made
>> > omelets stuffed with red and orange peppers, onion, garlic, and
>> > artichoke hearts. Simple.
>> >
>> > Cindy
>> >

>> Cindy, did you use canned artichoke hearts? They are pretty expensive
>> canned. After you use a few in a can (if you do), what do you do with
>> the
>> rest of them.
>> Thanks,
>> Dee Dee

> I had some leftover marinated artichokes in a jar that I used. I have
> only used canned hearts once or twice. I just bought some frozen
> artichoke hearts at Trader Joe's, but haven't used them yet.
>
> Cindy

Cindy, let us know what you think of the TJ's artichoke hearts. I like
their frozen green beans.
The canned artichokes are so expensive, but I wouldn't mind if they didn't
taste tinny -- even after rinsing. The ones in a jar with a lot of olive
get boring after a while, too.
Dee Dee.

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:29:02 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
<[email protected]> rummaged among random neurons
and opined:

>Speak for yerself, Girlie. I ain't no trollop! My mom wouldn't let
>me!! I keep tellin' ya.

HA! Denial is not a pretty thing, Barb.

More OT: keep an eyeball on Sept., as the daughter unit has snagged an
art exhibition of her work with the Jerome Foundation in Minneapolis.
Her grandmother is going to plotz. Will keep you Minny-sodans apprised
as to date and time when I am so informed, as the DH and I will be
there with bells on...and the ex will be there with his new wife, so
you might want to bring popcorn and a lawn chair.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:29:02 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> <[email protected]> rummaged among random neurons
> and opined:
>
>>Speak for yerself, Girlie. I ain't no trollop! My mom wouldn't let
>>me!! I keep tellin' ya.

> HA! Denial is not a pretty thing, Barb.
>
> More OT: keep an eyeball on Sept., as the daughter unit has snagged an
> art exhibition of her work with the Jerome Foundation in Minneapolis.
> Her grandmother is going to plotz. Will keep you Minny-sodans apprised
> as to date and time when I am so informed, as the DH and I will be
> there with bells on...and the ex will be there with his new wife, so
> you might want to bring popcorn and a lawn chair.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

Hey! Congrats to the daughter! I work with a lot of Jerome artists and the
competition is strong. She should be very proud of her accomplishments and you
of her.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 02:57:43 GMT, The Bubbo <[email protected]>
rummaged among random neurons and opined:

>Hey! Congrats to the daughter! I work with a lot of Jerome artists and the
>competition is strong. She should be very proud of her accomplishments and you
>of her.

Thank you. She has worked very hard for a dozen years, literally a
"starving artist," and all her hard work is finally paying off. She
has three of her pieces (she's an oil artist) in this month's "New
American Painting" magazine (gawdawful picture of her) and a Chelsea
(NYC) gallery has approached her about exhibiting her work *and*
she'll have her work exhibited at the Bronx Museum starting next
month. Keep your eye peeled for Kristen Schiele's stuff!

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 02:57:43 GMT, The Bubbo <[email protected]>
> rummaged among random neurons and opined:
>
>>Hey! Congrats to the daughter! I work with a lot of Jerome artists and the
>>competition is strong. She should be very proud of her accomplishments and

you
>>of her.

> Thank you. She has worked very hard for a dozen years, literally a
> "starving artist," and all her hard work is finally paying off. She
> has three of her pieces (she's an oil artist) in this month's "New
> American Painting" magazine (gawdawful picture of her) and a Chelsea
> (NYC) gallery has approached her about exhibiting her work *and*
> she'll have her work exhibited at the Bronx Museum starting next
> month. Keep your eye peeled for Kristen Schiele's stuff!
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

I will! I work at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design and we do an
annual Jerome show, so I'll be watching.

Funny thing is, I can't tell you how many artist friends I have helped to
write their applications for the Jerome Grant over the years.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 19:41:01 GMT, The Bubbo <[email protected]>
rummaged among random neurons and opined:

>I will! I work at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design and we do an
>annual Jerome show, so I'll be watching.

Wunderbar - I'll try to get together with Barb Schaller and as many
other Mpls. RFCers as I can get my hands on for a nosh-and-gab-fest.
Hope you're available, too.

>Funny thing is, I can't tell you how many artist friends I have helped to
>write their applications for the Jerome Grant over the years.

Kristen has become adept at grant writing. She was a fellow with the
Fine Arts Work Project in Provincetown MA, is being shown with the
Artists in the Marketplace seminar/exhibition at the Bronx Museum next
month and recently had a show in connection with Chashama ("creating
space for artists to create) in Manhattan. She's also in this month's
"New American Painting" magazine. I am one proud mama!

OB: Dinner tonight was crab legs with drawn butter, homemade
cloverleaf rolls and a Caesar salad. I can hardly walk, I'm so
stuffed.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines