Tomorrow's Dinner is gonna be Breakfast

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Lynn from Fargo, Feb 21, 2006.

  1. Tomorrow's dinner at work (for the hungry/crazy members of the
    psychosocial rehabilitation center where I work) is gonna be breakfast:

    Wally Blue Pancakes recipe from Al's Breakfast
    (Buttermilk/Blueberry/Walnut)
    Grilled ham slices
    Strangled Eggs with chives
    Assorted Juices

    This dinner will be served at 6 pm and there is no charge.

    Lynn from Fargo

    Tags:

  2. Jude

    Jude Guest

    Lynn from Fargo wrote:
    > Tomorrow's dinner at work (for the hungry/crazy members of the
    > psychosocial rehabilitation center where I work) is gonna be breakfast:
    >
    > Wally Blue Pancakes recipe from Al's Breakfast
    > (Buttermilk/Blueberry/Walnut)
    > Grilled ham slices
    > Strangled Eggs with chives
    > Assorted Juices
    >
    > This dinner will be served at 6 pm and there is no charge.
    >
    > Lynn from Fargo

    "Strangled eggs"......? Are you mad at the eggs? What did they ever do
    to you? And how do yu get your hands around their little necks?

  3. Food Snob

    Food Snob Guest

    Jude wrote:
    > Lynn from Fargo wrote:
    > > Tomorrow's dinner at work (for the hungry/crazy members of the
    > > psychosocial rehabilitation center where I work) is gonna be breakfast:
    > >
    > > Wally Blue Pancakes recipe from Al's Breakfast
    > > (Buttermilk/Blueberry/Walnut)

    What is said recipe?

    > > Grilled ham slices
    > > Strangled Eggs with chives
    > > Assorted Juices
    > >
    > > This dinner will be served at 6 pm and there is no charge.
    > >
    > > Lynn from Fargo

    > "Strangled eggs"......? Are you mad at the eggs? What did they ever do
    > to you? And how do yu get your hands around their little necks?

    Which came first, the strangled chicken or the strangled egg?

    --Bryan

  4. Food Snob wrote on 22 Feb 2006 in rec.food.cooking

    > Which came first, the strangled chicken or the strangled egg?
    >
    > --Bryan

    The farmer, who did the strangling.

    --
    -Alan

  5. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Lynn from Fargo" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Tomorrow's dinner at work (for the hungry/crazy members of the
    > psychosocial rehabilitation center where I work) is gonna be breakfast:
    >
    > Wally Blue Pancakes recipe from Al's Breakfast
    > (Buttermilk/Blueberry/Walnut)
    > Grilled ham slices
    > Strangled Eggs with chives
    > Assorted Juices
    >
    > This dinner will be served at 6 pm and there is no charge.
    >
    > Lynn from Fargo

    Lessee . . . . if I leave now. . . . .How'd you get the recipe for the
    Wally Blues?
    --
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-19-2006, Yummy! and church review. :)

  6. Dan Abel

    Dan Abel Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Lynn from Fargo" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Tomorrow's dinner at work (for the hungry/crazy members of the
    > psychosocial rehabilitation center where I work) is gonna be breakfast:

    My daughter and her roommate cooked for 75 people last weekend, a church
    youth group conference. Saturday was Backwards Day, lasagna for
    breakfast and breakfast foods for dinner.

    --
    Dan Abel
    [email protected]

  7. This recipe comes from Al's Breakfast in Minneapolis. via one of Jane &
    Michael Stern's cookbooks (Goodfood?)

    The tiny diner seats just fourteen and serves the best breakfasts in
    the USA!Dry Mix

    Wally Blues

    Dry Mix
    3 cups white flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
    2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda

    Wet Mix
    4 cups buttermilk
    2 extra large eggs, beaten
    3 tablespoons melted butter
    2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    Add Ins
    1 pint blueberries
    1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped

    Separately combine dry and wet ingredients in two bowls. Combine the
    two mixtures and let sit awhile - at least 15 minutes, but overnite is
    OK If it sits overnight, stir it well before using. You may need to
    thin it with a bit more buttermilk.
    *Heat a griddle or cast iron frying pan to medium, Grease griddle with
    spray or a little butter. Pour out 6" diameter pancakes. Sprinkle with
    blueberries and walnuts. Flip pancakes when bubbles on top are mostly
    popped.Cook a minute more. Serve immediately with butter and syrup, if
    desired. Serves four to six people.

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Lynn from Fargo" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Tomorrow's dinner at work (for the hungry/crazy members of the
    > > psychosocial rehabilitation center where I work) is gonna be breakfast:
    > >
    > > Wally Blue Pancakes recipe from Al's Breakfast
    > > (Buttermilk/Blueberry/Walnut)
    > > Grilled ham slices
    > > Strangled Eggs with chives
    > > Assorted Juices
    > >
    > > This dinner will be served at 6 pm and there is no charge.
    > >
    > > Lynn from Fargo

    > Lessee . . . . if I leave now. . . . .How'd you get the recipe for the
    > Wally Blues?
    > --
    > http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-19-2006, Yummy! and church review. :)

  8. On 22 Feb 2006 13:50:18 -0800, "Lynn from Fargo" <[email protected]>
    rummaged among random neurons and opined:

    >This recipe comes from Al's Breakfast in Minneapolis. via one of Jane &
    >Michael Stern's cookbooks (Goodfood?)

    <snip>

    Uh, is this Al's in Dinkytown??

    Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
    AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

    -- Duncan Hines

  9. In article <[email protected]>,
    Terry Pulliam Burd <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On 22 Feb 2006 13:50:18 -0800, "Lynn from Fargo" <[email protected]>
    > rummaged among random neurons and opined:
    >
    > >This recipe comes from Al's Breakfast in Minneapolis. via one of Jane &
    > >Michael Stern's cookbooks (Goodfood?)

    > <snip>
    >
    > Uh, is this Al's in Dinkytown??
    >
    > Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
    > AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

    None but. :)
    --
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-19-2006, Yummy! and church review. :)

  10. Cindy Fuller

    Cindy Fuller Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Lynn from Fargo" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Tomorrow's dinner at work (for the hungry/crazy members of the
    > psychosocial rehabilitation center where I work) is gonna be breakfast:
    >
    > Wally Blue Pancakes recipe from Al's Breakfast
    > (Buttermilk/Blueberry/Walnut)
    > Grilled ham slices
    > Strangled Eggs with chives
    > Assorted Juices
    >
    > This dinner will be served at 6 pm and there is no charge.

    Sounds like our dinner tonight. I worked late and had no imagination
    left over after wrestling with a thorny grant proposal, so I made
    omelets stuffed with red and orange peppers, onion, garlic, and
    artichoke hearts. Simple.

    Cindy

    --
    C.J. Fuller

    Delete the obvious to email me

  11. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "Cindy Fuller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Lynn from Fargo" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Tomorrow's dinner at work (for the hungry/crazy members of the
    >> psychosocial rehabilitation center where I work) is gonna be breakfast:
    >>
    >> Wally Blue Pancakes recipe from Al's Breakfast
    >> (Buttermilk/Blueberry/Walnut)
    >> Grilled ham slices
    >> Strangled Eggs with chives
    >> Assorted Juices
    >>
    >> This dinner will be served at 6 pm and there is no charge.
    >>

    > Sounds like our dinner tonight. I worked late and had no imagination
    > left over after wrestling with a thorny grant proposal, so I made
    > omelets stuffed with red and orange peppers, onion, garlic, and
    > artichoke hearts. Simple.
    >
    > Cindy

    Cindy, did you use canned artichoke hearts? They are pretty expensive
    canned. After you use a few in a can (if you do), what do you do with the
    rest of them.
    Thanks,
    Dee Dee

  12. On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 22:35:29 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
    <[email protected]> rummaged among random neurons
    and opined:

    >In article <[email protected]>,
    > Terry Pulliam Burd <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Uh, is this Al's in Dinkytown??

    >None but. :)

    Cool. I *love* that place. Still have the photo of us behind the
    counter with the staff. Two of RFC's hot trollops!

    Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
    AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

    -- Duncan Hines

  13. In article <[email protected]>,
    Terry Pulliam Burd <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 22:35:29 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
    > <[email protected]> rummaged among random neurons
    > and opined:
    >
    > >In article <[email protected]>,
    > > Terry Pulliam Burd <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Uh, is this Al's in Dinkytown??

    > >None but. :)

    > Cool. I *love* that place. Still have the photo of us behind the
    > counter with the staff. Two of RFC's hot trollops!

    Speak for yerself, Girlie. I ain't no trollop! My mom wouldn't let
    me!! I keep tellin' ya.
    --
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-19-2006, Yummy! and church review. :)

  14. Cindy Fuller

    Cindy Fuller Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Cindy Fuller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]..
    > > In article <[email protected]>,
    > > "Lynn from Fargo" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Tomorrow's dinner at work (for the hungry/crazy members of the
    > >> psychosocial rehabilitation center where I work) is gonna be breakfast:
    > >>
    > >> Wally Blue Pancakes recipe from Al's Breakfast
    > >> (Buttermilk/Blueberry/Walnut)
    > >> Grilled ham slices
    > >> Strangled Eggs with chives
    > >> Assorted Juices
    > >>
    > >> This dinner will be served at 6 pm and there is no charge.
    > >>

    > > Sounds like our dinner tonight. I worked late and had no imagination
    > > left over after wrestling with a thorny grant proposal, so I made
    > > omelets stuffed with red and orange peppers, onion, garlic, and
    > > artichoke hearts. Simple.
    > >
    > > Cindy
    > >

    > Cindy, did you use canned artichoke hearts? They are pretty expensive
    > canned. After you use a few in a can (if you do), what do you do with the
    > rest of them.
    > Thanks,
    > Dee Dee

    I had some leftover marinated artichokes in a jar that I used. I have
    only used canned hearts once or twice. I just bought some frozen
    artichoke hearts at Trader Joe's, but haven't used them yet.

    Cindy

    --
    C.J. Fuller

    Delete the obvious to email me

  15. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "Cindy Fuller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> "Cindy Fuller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]..

    >> > Sounds like our dinner tonight. I worked late and had no imagination
    >> > left over after wrestling with a thorny grant proposal, so I made
    >> > omelets stuffed with red and orange peppers, onion, garlic, and
    >> > artichoke hearts. Simple.
    >> >
    >> > Cindy
    >> >

    >> Cindy, did you use canned artichoke hearts? They are pretty expensive
    >> canned. After you use a few in a can (if you do), what do you do with
    >> the
    >> rest of them.
    >> Thanks,
    >> Dee Dee

    > I had some leftover marinated artichokes in a jar that I used. I have
    > only used canned hearts once or twice. I just bought some frozen
    > artichoke hearts at Trader Joe's, but haven't used them yet.
    >
    > Cindy

    Cindy, let us know what you think of the TJ's artichoke hearts. I like
    their frozen green beans.
    The canned artichokes are so expensive, but I wouldn't mind if they didn't
    taste tinny -- even after rinsing. The ones in a jar with a lot of olive
    get boring after a while, too.
    Dee Dee.

  16. On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:29:02 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
    <[email protected]> rummaged among random neurons
    and opined:

    >Speak for yerself, Girlie. I ain't no trollop! My mom wouldn't let
    >me!! I keep tellin' ya.

    HA! Denial is not a pretty thing, Barb.

    More OT: keep an eyeball on Sept., as the daughter unit has snagged an
    art exhibition of her work with the Jerome Foundation in Minneapolis.
    Her grandmother is going to plotz. Will keep you Minny-sodans apprised
    as to date and time when I am so informed, as the DH and I will be
    there with bells on...and the ex will be there with his new wife, so
    you might want to bring popcorn and a lawn chair.

    Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
    AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

    -- Duncan Hines

  17. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
    > On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:29:02 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
    > <[email protected]> rummaged among random neurons
    > and opined:
    >
    >>Speak for yerself, Girlie. I ain't no trollop! My mom wouldn't let
    >>me!! I keep tellin' ya.

    > HA! Denial is not a pretty thing, Barb.
    >
    > More OT: keep an eyeball on Sept., as the daughter unit has snagged an
    > art exhibition of her work with the Jerome Foundation in Minneapolis.
    > Her grandmother is going to plotz. Will keep you Minny-sodans apprised
    > as to date and time when I am so informed, as the DH and I will be
    > there with bells on...and the ex will be there with his new wife, so
    > you might want to bring popcorn and a lawn chair.
    >
    > Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
    > AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

    Hey! Congrats to the daughter! I work with a lot of Jerome artists and the
    competition is strong. She should be very proud of her accomplishments and you
    of her.

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com

  18. On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 02:57:43 GMT, The Bubbo <[email protected]>
    rummaged among random neurons and opined:

    >Hey! Congrats to the daughter! I work with a lot of Jerome artists and the
    >competition is strong. She should be very proud of her accomplishments and you
    >of her.

    Thank you. She has worked very hard for a dozen years, literally a
    "starving artist," and all her hard work is finally paying off. She
    has three of her pieces (she's an oil artist) in this month's "New
    American Painting" magazine (gawdawful picture of her) and a Chelsea
    (NYC) gallery has approached her about exhibiting her work *and*
    she'll have her work exhibited at the Bronx Museum starting next
    month. Keep your eye peeled for Kristen Schiele's stuff!

    Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
    AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

    -- Duncan Hines

  19. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
    > On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 02:57:43 GMT, The Bubbo <[email protected]>
    > rummaged among random neurons and opined:
    >
    >>Hey! Congrats to the daughter! I work with a lot of Jerome artists and the
    >>competition is strong. She should be very proud of her accomplishments and

    you
    >>of her.

    > Thank you. She has worked very hard for a dozen years, literally a
    > "starving artist," and all her hard work is finally paying off. She
    > has three of her pieces (she's an oil artist) in this month's "New
    > American Painting" magazine (gawdawful picture of her) and a Chelsea
    > (NYC) gallery has approached her about exhibiting her work *and*
    > she'll have her work exhibited at the Bronx Museum starting next
    > month. Keep your eye peeled for Kristen Schiele's stuff!
    >
    > Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
    > AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

    I will! I work at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design and we do an
    annual Jerome show, so I'll be watching.

    Funny thing is, I can't tell you how many artist friends I have helped to
    write their applications for the Jerome Grant over the years.

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com
    Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

  20. On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 19:41:01 GMT, The Bubbo <[email protected]>
    rummaged among random neurons and opined:

    >I will! I work at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design and we do an
    >annual Jerome show, so I'll be watching.

    Wunderbar - I'll try to get together with Barb Schaller and as many
    other Mpls. RFCers as I can get my hands on for a nosh-and-gab-fest.
    Hope you're available, too.

    >Funny thing is, I can't tell you how many artist friends I have helped to
    >write their applications for the Jerome Grant over the years.

    Kristen has become adept at grant writing. She was a fellow with the
    Fine Arts Work Project in Provincetown MA, is being shown with the
    Artists in the Marketplace seminar/exhibition at the Bronx Museum next
    month and recently had a show in connection with Chashama ("creating
    space for artists to create) in Manhattan. She's also in this month's
    "New American Painting" magazine. I am one proud mama!

    OB: Dinner tonight was crab legs with drawn butter, homemade
    cloverleaf rolls and a Caesar salad. I can hardly walk, I'm so
    stuffed.

    Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
    AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

    -- Duncan Hines