tonight i made from a cookbook...

Hahna

Guest
tonight, from the rfc cookbook, i made the oriental coleslaw (pg
37).

a winnah! :D im eating it right now and its just screaming for a serving of laulau, two scoop rice
and one scoop mac salad... wheres my plate lunch!? normally, i hate top ramen but this recipe -- mmm
so trashy onolicious!

thank you, cyndi hackett for contributing.

i have tried many other recipes with good results. i :heart: these junior league type books. thanks
again to all who worked to put it together and send it off all over the place.

ORIENTAL COLE SLAW (i prefer it be called top ramen cole slaw but lets not be picky now)

1 head cabbage, chopped 8 green onions, chopped 2 ounces (60 g) sesame seeds 1 package slivered
almonds 2 packages uncooked Top Ramen noodles

Dressing: 4 tablespoons sugar 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon black pepper
38/4 cup (190 ml) salad oil 6 tablespoons rice vinegar

Place sesame seeds and almonds in a frying pan with about 1 1/2 tablesspoons oil. Toast over low
heat until slightly brown. Set aside to cool. Mix together cabbage, green onions, sesame seeds and
almond mixture. Break up noodles into small pieces with hands or rolling pin.

Dressing: Mix dressing ingredients together. If you used a large head of cabbage, you may need to
double the recipe. Mix broken noodles and dressing into cabbage mixtuer 30 minutes before serving.

--
im good for nothing, but im good. -010522 hjk

"hahna" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> tonight, from the rfc cookbook, i made the oriental coleslaw (pg
> 37).
>
> a winnah! :D im eating it right now and its just screaming for a serving of laulau, two scoop rice
> and one scoop mac salad... wheres my plate lunch!? normally, i hate top ramen but this recipe --
> mmm so trashy onolicious!
>
> thank you, cyndi hackett for contributing.

(recipe snipped)

I just made potato-mac salad and I'm throwing some rice in the cooker. I'll be over in 20
minutes......you'll have to supply the laulau, Foodland isn't open yet.

<VBG>

kili

:
: a winnah! :D im eating it right now and its just screaming for a serving of laulau, two scoop rice
: and one scoop mac
salad...
: wheres my plate lunch!? normally, i hate top ramen but this recipe -- mmm so trashy onolicious!
:
: thank you, cyndi hackett for contributing.
:
: <snipping recipe>
Awwwwwwwww!! You are most welcome! I'm glad you liked it. It's one of our favorites. We also like
adding a thawed out package of California Blend vegetables to it. That helps to stretch it out a bit
when we have a crowd over and the addition of the broccoli and cauliflower add to its appearance.
--
Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

Where can I get a copy of the RFC cookbook???

NancyJaye

"hahna" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> tonight, from the rfc cookbook, i made the oriental coleslaw (pg
> 37).
>
> a winnah! :D im eating it right now and its just screaming for a serving of laulau, two scoop rice
> and one scoop mac salad... wheres my plate lunch!? normally, i hate top ramen but this recipe --
> mmm so trashy onolicious!
>
> thank you, cyndi hackett for contributing.
>
> i have tried many other recipes with good results. i :heart: these junior league type books.
> thanks again to all who worked to put it together and send it off all over the place.
>
> ORIENTAL COLE SLAW (i prefer it be called top ramen cole slaw but lets not be picky now)
>
> 1 head cabbage, chopped 8 green onions, chopped 2 ounces (60 g) sesame seeds 1 package slivered
> almonds 2 packages uncooked Top Ramen noodles
>
> Dressing: 4 tablespoons sugar 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon black pepper
> 3/4 cup (190 ml) salad oil 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
>
> Place sesame seeds and almonds in a frying pan with about 1 1/2 tablesspoons oil. Toast over low
> heat until slightly brown. Set aside to cool. Mix together cabbage, green onions, sesame seeds and
> almond mixture. Break up noodles into small pieces with hands or rolling pin.
>
> Dressing: Mix dressing ingredients together. If you used a large head of cabbage, you may need to
> double the recipe. Mix broken noodles and dressing into cabbage mixtuer 30 minutes before serving.
>

> --
> im good for nothing, but im good. -010522 hjk

"NancyJaye" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Where can I get a copy of the RFC cookbook???

I think you have to PING Nancy Young and ask her.....<eg>!!!!

No! Don't do that! I don't want her to be mad at me!

I believe the rfc cookbook is no longer available as all the copies, from both printings, sold out.
If you're lucky, maybe someone has an extra copy floating about that they'd be willing to part with.
Otherwise, you're out of luck!

Mine is coming with me to Japan :)!

rona

Rona Yuthasastrakosol wrote:

> "NancyJaye" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Where can I get a copy of the RFC cookbook???
> >

> I think you have to PING Nancy Young and ask her.....<eg>!!!!

(laugh) Well, I haven't given away a couple of books I bought for family. I can part with one.

> No! Don't do that! I don't want her to be mad at me!

Never.

nancy

"Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Rona Yuthasastrakosol wrote:
> >
> > "NancyJaye" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > Where can I get a copy of the RFC cookbook???
> > >

> > I think you have to PING Nancy Young and ask her.....<eg>!!!!
>
> (laugh) Well, I haven't given away a couple of books I bought for family. I can part with one.
>
> > No! Don't do that! I don't want her to be mad at me!
>
> Never.
>
> nancy

Me too? If anyone's got an extra, I'd be thrilled to buy one! (Or one of each???)

Donna

<some piggy-backing, since I didn't get Nancy's post--damn news server!>

"D.Currie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...

> "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > (laugh) Well, I haven't given away a couple of books I bought for family. I can part with one.

What? You mean you're not going to do a third printing, instead? ;-D!

> > Never.

Hey, you never know! I could accidentally post a recipe for Swedish meatballs made with grape jelly
and chili sauce, or something like that :).

> Me too? If anyone's got an extra, I'd be thrilled to buy one! (Or one of each???)
>
> Donna

If you manage to get your hands on one, the first printing has a few errors, the corrections for
which were posted to rfc some time ago. The second printing has all the errors corrected, but that's
the only difference. When I have more time and room to cook, I'm going to go through the book one
recipe at a time. Anyone want to join me and compare results?

rona

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> <some piggy-backing, since I didn't get Nancy's post--damn news server!>
>
> "D.Currie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> >
> > "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > (laugh) Well, I haven't given away a couple of books I bought for family. I can part with one.
> > >

> What? You mean you're not going to do a third printing, instead? ;-D!

PDF? Or E-book? How many pages is it? Does someone have it as a text file?