Tonight was the night it happened....

Ny Rides

Guest
The weather here in NY had been miserable for weeks and weeks. Rain almost every day; temps never
reaching above the 60s. I've had no ambition at all to ride. Then the weather turned. The past few
days have been in the mid 90s, with the sun shining all day long. I began to worry, because I still
had no ambition to get on the bike.

I spent most of today in horrible NJ traffic. I mean HOURS and HOURS of hot, smoggy traffic.
Tonight, I got home and decided to try to break out of my cycling rut. I almost talked myself out of
it, but forced myself to get on the bike anyway.

Within seconds, literally, my whole mood changed and I realized why I love that damned bike so much.

If you're in a spring/summer cycling rut, take my advice and just get on the bike.

--
Low-Impact Rides In The LI/NY Area www.geocities.com/NYRides

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:45:36 GMT, "NY Rides" <[email protected]> wrote:

>The weather here in NY had been miserable for weeks and weeks. Rain almost every day; temps never
>reaching above the 60s. I've had no ambition at all to ride. Then the weather turned. The past few
>days have been in the mid 90s, with the sun shining all day long. I began to worry, because I still
>had no ambition to get on the bike.
>
>I spent most of today in horrible NJ traffic. I mean HOURS and HOURS of hot, smoggy traffic.
>Tonight, I got home and decided to try to break out of my cycling rut. I almost talked myself out
>of it, but forced myself to get on the bike anyway.
>
>Within seconds, literally, my whole mood changed and I realized why I love that damned
>bike so much.
>
>If you're in a spring/summer cycling rut, take my advice and just get on the bike.

I tried riding this evening and damn near dry cleaned my lungs on the pollution here in DC. Code Red
air alert today. I knew there was a reason I preferred living in a smaller town in Texas!

"NY Rides" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The weather here in NY had been miserable for weeks and weeks. Rain
almost
> every day; temps never reaching above the 60s. I've had no ambition at
all
> to ride. Then the weather turned. The past few days have been in the mid 90s, with the sun shining
> all day long. I began to worry, because I still had no ambition to get on the bike.
>
> I spent most of today in horrible NJ traffic. I mean HOURS and HOURS of hot, smoggy traffic.
> Tonight, I got home and decided to try to break out
of
> my cycling rut. I almost talked myself out of it, but forced myself to
get
> on the bike anyway.
>
> Within seconds, literally, my whole mood changed and I realized why I love that damned bike
> so much.
>
> If you're in a spring/summer cycling rut, take my advice and just get on
the
> bike.
>
> --
> Low-Impact Rides In The LI/NY Area www.geocities.com/NYRides

We've been having the same type of weather in Ohio. This was one of the wettest, coldest springs on
record. We finally had some great biking weather last Saturday. My granddaughter and I took off on
the bikes and were gone for several hours visiting the downtown and a nearby historical park. Not a
great distance, 18 miles, but it was great to be able to get out on the bikes.