Tonight's Menu

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Dog3, Mar 9, 2004.

  1. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    My local fish dude called and he's got some huge lobsters he
    just got in. I'm gonna get a big one, kill and clean it.
    Then I'm going to gently saute' the lobster meat in butter
    just at the foam. I'll throw in some whiskey, ignite it and
    then pour in some heavy cream. I'll serve it in the reserved
    shells. I think I'll have an anchovy dressing over fresh
    romaine to start, croutons and maybe some diced egg and red
    onion. I'm too lazy to make a bisque. I think a big old
    baked potato will do nicely.

    Michael
    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d.
    December 12, 1968

    Tags:

  2. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    "Dog3" <[email protected];not> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > My local fish dude called and he's got some huge lobsters
    > he just got in. I'm gonna get a big one, kill and clean
    > it. Then I'm going to gently saute' the lobster meat in
    > butter just at the foam. I'll throw in some whiskey,
    > ignite it and then pour in some heavy cream. I'll serve it
    > in the reserved shells. I think I'll have an anchovy
    > dressing over fresh romaine to start, croutons and maybe
    > some diced egg and red onion. I'm too lazy
    > make a bisque. I think a big old baked potato will
    > do nicely.
    >
    > Michael
    Oooooooooooooooooooo.................c'n I come for dinner?
    Don't even need a potato!

  3. "Dog3" <[email protected];not> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > My local fish dude called and he's got some huge lobsters
    > he just got in. I'm gonna get a big one, kill and clean
    > it. Then I'm going to gently saute' the lobster meat in
    > butter just at the foam. I'll throw in some whiskey,
    > ignite it and then pour in some heavy cream. I'll serve it
    > in the reserved shells. I think I'll have an anchovy
    > dressing over fresh romaine to start, croutons and maybe
    > some diced egg and red onion. I'm too lazy
    > make a bisque. I think a big old baked potato will
    > do nicely.

    Purty fancy eats there, amigo. What'd the doc say it's ok to
    get laid now?

    Jack Foreplay

  4. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    "Anthony" <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
    news:[email protected]:

    > "Dog3" <[email protected];not> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> My local fish dude called and he's got some huge lobsters
    >> he just got
    >> in. I'm gonna get a big one, kill and clean it. Then I'm
    >> going to gently saute' the lobster meat in butter
    >> just at the foam. I'll throw in some whiskey, ignite
    >> it and then pour in some heavy cream. I'll serve it
    >> in the reserved shells. I think I'll have an anchovy
    >> dressing over fresh romaine to start, croutons and
    >> maybe some diced egg and red onion. I'm too lazy
    >> make a bisque. I think a big old baked potato will do
    >> nicely.
    >>
    >> Michael
    > Oooooooooooooooooooo.................c'n I come for
    > dinner? Don't even need a potato!

    Come on over. I might get 2 lobsters anyway. I've got to get
    a move on or I'll loose out on them. It's taken me 3 years
    to get this man to put me on the call list as it is.

    Michael
    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d.
    December 12, 1968

  5. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    "Dog3" <[email protected];not> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Come on over. I might get 2 lobsters anyway. I've got to
    > get a move on
    or
    > I'll loose out on them. It's taken me 3 years to get this
    > man to put me
    on
    > the call list as it is.

    Aaaaah, yer probably in some other part of the world. But
    lobster cooked gently in butter........mmmmmmmmmm. There was
    a local restaurant that did this but like a lot of good
    ideas it went belly up!

  6. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    "Jack Schidt®" <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
    news:[email protected]:

    > "Dog3" <[email protected];not> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> My local fish dude called and he's got some huge lobsters
    >> he just got
    >> in. I'm gonna get a big one, kill and clean it. Then I'm
    >> going to gently saute' the lobster meat in butter
    >> just at the foam. I'll throw in some whiskey, ignite
    >> it and then pour in some heavy cream. I'll serve it
    >> in the reserved shells. I think I'll have an anchovy
    >> dressing over fresh romaine to start, croutons and
    >> maybe some diced egg and red onion. I'm too lazy
    >> make a bisque. I think a big old baked potato will do
    >> nicely.
    >>

    > Purty fancy eats there, amigo. What'd the doc say it's ok
    > to get laid now?
    >
    > Jack Foreplay

    Dinner was good. I can now get laid but that's not why I
    made the dinner. Does it take lobster to get you into the
    sack:) Seriously though when the fish man takes the time and
    effort to call I usually buy from him.

    Michael
    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d.
    December 12, 1968

  7. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    "Anthony" <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
    news:[email protected]:

    > "Dog3" <[email protected];not> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Come on over. I might get 2 lobsters anyway. I've got to
    >> get a move on
    > or
    >> I'll loose out on them. It's taken me 3 years to get this
    >> man to put me
    > on
    >> the call list as it is.
    >>
    > Aaaaah, yer probably in some other part of the world. But
    > lobster cooked gently in butter........mmmmmmmmmm. There
    > was a local restaurant that did this but like a lot of
    > good ideas it went belly up!

    I use an old Irish recipe and it's so simple to do. Just as
    I described
    it. The dish is very rich though.

    I'm in the Midwest of the USA. Born and raised. Much of my
    heritage comes from the southern portion of the states,
    and Texas. Louisiana is a focal point in my not so
    colorful past ;)

    Michael <- just jaded and hungry all the time