tonights ride

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by mike, Jan 10, 2006.

  1. mike

    mike Guest

    My tuesday night ride started out less than promising.
    I forgot my gloves,
    another guy forgot his camelback (had a waterbottle but no place to put
    in on his fixy),
    another guy didn't have anything to wear under his helmet.

    So I gave my spare balacava to one, someone found some gloves for me
    and I put the waterbottle in my second carrier. I just had to be his
    domestic for the ride.

    After we got started we had a wonderfull ride, doing over 32K in just
    over 58 minutes. Way fast for us!!!!

    Riding with the help of others makes a *big difference*!!!!!
    :) :) :) :) :) :)

    Tags:

  2. SlowRider

    SlowRider Guest

    mike wrote:
    > My tuesday night ride started out less than promising.
    > I forgot my gloves,
    > another guy forgot his camelback (had a waterbottle but no place to put
    > in on his fixy),
    > another guy didn't have anything to wear under his helmet.

    I can't tell you the number of times I've left the house only to turn
    around after a mile or so because I forgot my water bottles or my frame
    pump. One time I finished a 60-mile ride only to discover I'd left my
    pump at home. Finally I came up with a checklist (lesson learned from
    flying) so I'd remember the important stuff:

    A = air (pump)
    B = bag (check it for patches, spare, etc.)
    C = computer
    D = drinks
    E = eye protection
    F = feet (shoes)
    G = glucose/groceries, gloves
    H = helmet, HRM

    Some of these things (like cycling shoes) may seem hard to forget, but
    if you're driving to an event, it's amazing what slips your mind.

    -JR

  3. Ken M

    Ken M Guest

    SlowRider wrote:
    > mike wrote:
    >
    >>My tuesday night ride started out less than promising.
    >>I forgot my gloves,
    >>another guy forgot his camelback (had a waterbottle but no place to put
    >>in on his fixy),
    >>another guy didn't have anything to wear under his helmet.

    > I can't tell you the number of times I've left the house only to turn
    > around after a mile or so because I forgot my water bottles or my frame
    > pump. One time I finished a 60-mile ride only to discover I'd left my
    > pump at home. Finally I came up with a checklist (lesson learned from
    > flying) so I'd remember the important stuff:
    >
    > A = air (pump)
    > B = bag (check it for patches, spare, etc.)
    > C = computer
    > D = drinks
    > E = eye protection
    > F = feet (shoes)
    > G = glucose/groceries, gloves
    > H = helmet, HRM
    >
    > Some of these things (like cycling shoes) may seem hard to forget, but
    > if you're driving to an event, it's amazing what slips your mind.
    >
    > -JR

    Thats a good idea, but with me, I would forget where I put my checklist!

    Ken
    --
    Quit? You know, once I was thinking of quitting when I was diagnosed
    with brain, lung and testicular cancer all at the same time. But with

    Homepage: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/

  4. Hiya Mike!
    Just hope I remember to bring a camera on the group ride this
    Saturday. The Theme/Title for the ride: "Digital Camera Ride." I may
    still manage to forget....

    Robert Leone [email protected]
    mike wrote:
    > My tuesday night ride started out less than promising.
    > I forgot my gloves,
    > another guy forgot his camelback (had a waterbottle but no place to put
    > in on his fixy),
    > another guy didn't have anything to wear under his helmet.
    >
    > So I gave my spare balacava to one, someone found some gloves for me
    > and I put the waterbottle in my second carrier. I just had to be his
    > domestic for the ride.
    >
    > After we got started we had a wonderfull ride, doing over 32K in just
    > over 58 minutes. Way fast for us!!!!
    >
    > Riding with the help of others makes a *big difference*!!!!!
    > :) :) :) :) :) :)

  5. Veloise

    Veloise Guest

    JR wrote:
    > I can't tell you the number of times I've left the house only to turn
    > around after a mile or so because I forgot my water bottles ...

    No cupholders in your four-wheeler? I have 2 bottles that live in the
    car. And bike shoes. And a couple of jackets.

    HTH

    --Karen D.

  6. Dane Buson

    Dane Buson Guest

    SlowRider <[email protected]> wrote:

    > F = feet (shoes)
    >
    > Some of these things (like cycling shoes) may seem hard to forget, but
    > if you're driving to an event, it's amazing what slips your mind.

    If you have similar cycling clipless shoes, *For the Love of the FSM*,
    check that you didn't pack *two* *left* shoes before you leave for
    the airport. [1]

    [1] I have been touched by his noodly appendage.

    --
    Dane Buson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
    "I find your lack of clue...disturbing" - SithAdmin Vader.

  7. Zoot Katz

    Zoot Katz Guest

    On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 09:24:27 -0500, Ken M <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> Some of these things (like cycling shoes) may seem hard to forget, but
    >> if you're driving to an event, it's amazing what slips your mind.
    >>
    >> -JR
    >>

    >Thats a good idea, but with me, I would forget where I put my checklist!
    >
    >Ken

    See earlier thread, Subject: Biking Tattoo
    --
    zk

  8. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    SlowRider wrote:

    ::
    :: A = air (pump)
    :: B = bag (check it for patches, spare, etc.)
    :: C = computer
    :: D = drinks
    :: E = eye protection
    :: F = feet (shoes)
    :: G = glucose/groceries, gloves
    :: H = helmet, HRM

    Useful. Thanks.

  9. mike

    mike Guest

    SlowRider wrote:
    > mike wrote:
    >
    >>My tuesday night ride started out less than promising.
    >>I forgot my gloves,
    >>another guy forgot his camelback (had a waterbottle but no place to put
    >>in on his fixy),
    >>another guy didn't have anything to wear under his helmet.

    > I can't tell you the number of times I've left the house only to turn
    > around after a mile or so because I forgot my water bottles or my frame
    > pump. One time I finished a 60-mile ride only to discover I'd left my
    > pump at home. Finally I came up with a checklist (lesson learned from
    > flying) so I'd remember the important stuff:
    >
    > A = air (pump)
    > B = bag (check it for patches, spare, etc.)
    > C = computer
    > D = drinks
    > E = eye protection
    > F = feet (shoes)
    > G = glucose/groceries, gloves
    > H = helmet, HRM
    >
    > Some of these things (like cycling shoes) may seem hard to forget, but
    > if you're driving to an event, it's amazing what slips your mind.
    >
    > -JR

    And of course you don't want to forget the most important B on your
    checklist. No, nobody would forget their BIKE when they drive away.
    Well at least I don't know anyone that would admit to it on a
    newsgroup... so its never happened to me.
    Life is just easier if you ride your bike to an event.

    Mike

  10. "Dane Buson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > If you have similar cycling clipless shoes, *For the Love of the FSM*,
    > check that you didn't pack *two* *left* shoes before you leave for
    > the airport. [1]
    >
    > [1] I have been touched by his noodly appendage.

    I had no idea you were a pastafarian.

    --
    Warm Regards,

    Claire Petersky
    http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/
    See the books I've set free at:

  11. SlowRider wrote:

    > I can't tell you the number of times I've left the house only to turn
    > around after a mile or so because I forgot my water bottles or my frame
    > pump. One time I finished a 60-mile ride only to discover I'd left my
    > pump at home. Finally I came up with a checklist (lesson learned from
    > flying) so I'd remember the important stuff:
    >
    > A = air (pump)
    > B = bag (check it for patches, spare, etc.)
    > C = computer
    > D = drinks
    > E = eye protection
    > F = feet (shoes)
    > G = glucose/groceries, gloves
    > H = helmet, HRM
    >
    > Some of these things (like cycling shoes) may seem hard to forget, but
    > if you're driving to an event, it's amazing what slips your mind.

    For me, "F" would have to stand for "front wheel." Hauling our tandem
    to the start of one club ride, that's what I left behind.

    Neither the club nor my wife has ever let me forget that incident.
    :-(

    - Frank Krygowski