too good to be true!

Alcohol doesn't have any good qualities unless one just wants to get drunk. Plus beer tastes like **** (something I never got used to) Can you tell I don't drink?? :D So if it's true than it's not good... just me :rolleyes:

Well, Mr. Wet Blanket, I did say it's the good news SOME of us have been waiting for... C'mon, STeve, Ratty, you're not going to leave me here alone in my corner with my cold one are you???

concord said:
Alcohol doesn't have any good qualities unless one just wants to get drunk. Plus beer tastes like **** (something I never got used to) Can you tell I don't drink?? :D So if it's true than it's not good... just me :rolleyes:

Glad to see I'm not entirely alone in the rejoicing, although I sense a wee bit of sarcasm in there...

The Bike Café is no longer the glorious sandpile of days gone past! ;)

I expect that fact has not moved many of you to tears, but gosh, I miss those times eek:

eric_the_red said:
I've been telling my wife for years that beer is good for me, finally someone agrees :D
:

less'go said:
Glad to see I'm not entirely alone in the rejoicing, although I sense a wee bit of sarcasm in there...

The Bike Café is no longer the glorious sandpile of days gone past! ;)

I expect that fact has not moved many of you to tears, but gosh, I miss those times eek:

:

When I first saw your title I thought the thread was about me; nevertheless if this is true I shouild live forever besides beer makes me better looking.I can't wait to drink a six-pack and get handsome again.Sorry Sarah I have been out of town I am with you.

Since many a long ride has been fueled in part by a previous night's partaking of brew, so much the better its potentially healthy too. :cool:

less'go said:
Well, Mr. Wet Blanket, I did say it's the good news SOME of us have been waiting for... C'mon, STeve, Ratty, you're not going to leave me here alone in my corner with my cold one are you???

Wet blanket???? Why I never....... well I just don't drink anymore. But hey if it is good for you than by gosh have a cool brew. Wet blanket hmmmm :eek:

Shoot- I never needed a reason before, but now I have one! I gotta get rid of those free-radicals!

While beer is pretty good at getting one intoxicated- I should say that it is also an excellent recovery beverage. Why, it's Gatorade for grown-ups. It takes care of any stiffness in the joints, and it saves you from the occaisonally poor-mannered person from calling you a "***" cuz your in your biker gear (at least here, no redneck is going to yell anything at you if they see you take a long pull off a bottle that appears to be filled with urine:) ). It has been a source of enjoyment since the dawn of civilized culture- that is right, the first fermented beverage, made in Mesopotamia (Fertile-Cresent Ale:rolleyes: ). It helps you get your game face on any time, anywhere.
I just had a batch finish (yup- keg-o-rator in the fridge filled with homebrew) and I plan to, after a grueling 65 miles today, "recover"...whilst donning my 'cordeen and sending a tribute to Mr. Frank Yankovich.
"In heaven, there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when were gone from here, all our friends will be drinking all our beer". My wife will be so pleased when she gets back from her 14 hour work day, on a Saturday, at the winery.
Roll out the barrel-we'll have a barrel of fun! Free Radicals be damned!

Telegram Sam said:
Shoot- I never needed a reason before, but now I have one! I gotta get rid of those free-radicals!

While beer is pretty good at getting one intoxicated- I should say that it is also an excellent recovery beverage. Why, it's Gatorade for grown-ups. It takes care of any stiffness in the joints, and it saves you from the occaisonally poor-mannered person from calling you a "***" cuz your in your biker gear (at least here, no redneck is going to yell anything at you if they see you take a long pull off a bottle that appears to be filled with urine:) ). It has been a source of enjoyment since the dawn of civilized culture- that is right, the first fermented beverage, made in Mesopotamia (Fertile-Cresent Ale:rolleyes: ). It helps you get your game face on any time, anywhere.
I just had a batch finish (yup- keg-o-rator in the fridge filled with homebrew) and I plan to, after a grueling 65 miles today, "recover"...whilst donning my 'cordeen and sending a tribute to Mr. Frank Yankovich.
"In heaven, there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when were gone from here, all our friends will be drinking all our beer". My wife will be so pleased when she gets back from her 14 hour work day, on a Saturday, at the winery.
Roll out the barrel-we'll have a barrel of fun! Free Radicals be damned!

What do you mean there is no Beer in Heaven. Then why would they call it Heaven. Think about it!

As usall you all missed the point, it didnt say gettin drunk was good for ya
it says a drink. like with wine. a drink with a meal is good for ya
getin drunk isnt and one drink is a far cry from what you all are implying :)

Okay,okay, the debate has begun. Yes, Concord, I did say wet blanket -- that is the official title of anyone who dislikes beer and frowns upon its consumption in the compnay of a group of ale lovers (and there is so much more to beer than Coor's Light and Michelob Low-Carb).

TechJD, gonna' have to throw you in the same barrel. Of course, we're all big kids here (some bigger than others), and we know One Beer: Good. Much beer, uhhhmmm, what was that thing?

Oh, ya, Much beer: Bad.

Now Telegram Sam has implied that in heaven there will be no beer, whilst JHuskey asserts that if that were indeed so, they would not call it Heaven. I confer, Jerry, your sharp sense of deduction has not let us down. What would we do without you? If there is no beer, I'm not going.

However, having spent two weeks in modern-day Mesopotamia this summer, I emphatically note that beer was, and indeed is, part and parcel of the origins of the human race, and remains one of the very fluids that sustains it (in any case, many a child has been concieved thanks to beer). Gatorade for grown-ups. Nuff said, huh?

So I'll just continue moderate(?!) consumption of my Produit de Beauté, and I'll be tapdancing into my twilight years....

TechJD said:
As usall you all missed the point, it didnt say gettin drunk was good for ya
it says a drink. like with wine. a drink with a meal is good for ya
getin drunk isnt and one drink is a far cry from what you all are implying :)

concord said:
I was going to say the same thing.

I don't understand how people love beer so much. It tastes horrible.

I dond't drink either. It all tastes like **** to me. But Yoo-Hoo chocolate drink? Now that's the stuff!! :D

velomanct said:
I was going to say the same thing.

I don't understand how people love beer so much. It tastes horrible.

I think coffee tastes like low grade dog **** but I don't care if other people drink it.Why would anyone eat choclate covered doughnuts unless to get fat. It is all in your perspective ,isn't it.

less'go said:
TechJD, gonna' have to throw you in the same barrel. Of course, we're all big kids here (some bigger than others), and we know One Beer: Good. Much beer, uhhhmmm, what was that thing?

Oh, ya, Much beer: Bad.

dont throw me in that dang barrel that stuff stinks and taste even worst lol
I have drank beer and it's one of those things you have to drink a few to get used to the taste
no thank you
I do drink a little wine from time to time
I dont drink to get drunk
even the Bible says drink a little wine for your stomach sake

TechJD said:
dont throw me in that dang barrel that stuff stinks and taste even worst lol
I have drank beer and it's one of those things you have to drink a few to get used to the taste
no thank you
I do drink a little wine from time to time
I dont drink to get drunk
even the Bible says drink a little wine for your stomach sake

Thats the ticket moderation in all things besides Beer makes it possible for ugly people to have sex. :D

jhuskey said:
Thats the ticket moderation in all things besides Beer makes it possible for ugly people to have sex. :D
But whats ugly to you might be beauty to someone else
and besides if you go by phical looks then you will usally be disapointed anyway
the real beauty is inside a person
and it shows through
I am a firm believer in
take a plain lookin female and give her a great personility and you have a beautifull woman
take one that has looks with a bad personalitity and you have a plain Jane or worse
someone thats looks great that you cant stand :)
had a friend that got drunk and went to bed with an older woman
/he said he woke up next morrin and all he could think of was she had said she was a grandmother LOL and he kept picutering Whishlers Grandmother
lol
he couldnt believe he done it, I just laughed at him

guess thats why I been married for 23 years in a couple of months
and have never wanted to stray
I got both in a woman looks and personility :)

Of course I hear what you're saying and I always say that it's only when you actually talk to someone that you can begin to evaluate whether or not they're really "beautiful." Have seen lots of great-looking guys and as soon as they open their mouths, the spell is broken. Would much rather be with someone intelligent, stable, and last, but certainly not least, funny.

That said, I think Mr. Husky has a definite tendency to say things tongue in cheek, and I'd be right surpised if he chose his bride strictly based on her trophy wife qualities... I know took a long hard look at Mel's personality before deciding to become the future Mrs. Gibson, although alcohol may have been involved (he was pretty smashed when he proposed).

Lazy Legs posted a good one in the Joke folder, new alcohol warning labels proposed by the Canadian government.

Moderation in all things, just like my Dad used to say as he pulled an ice cold Bud out of the cooler...

TechJD said:
and besides if you go by phical looks then you will usally be disapointed anyway
and it shows through
I am a firm believer in
take a plain lookin female and give her a great personility and you have a beautifull woman
take one that has looks with a bad personalitity and you have a plain Jane or worse
/he said he woke up next morrin and all he could think of was she had said she was a grandmother LOL and he kept picutering Whishlers Grandmother
lol

TechJD said:
and it shows through
I am a firm believer in
lol

Of course I understand what you are saying people have bought Volvos for years besides it was just an attempt at humor.