too good to be true!

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by less'go, Sep 16, 2004.

1. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Gil: I forgot to tell you that test I was going to take in March...no problem I passed easily so I moved on to the Italiano.
    Oh,almost forgot. Beer is our true spirit! Got to mention La Birra ocassionally in this thread.
    Bouna Sera

2. less'go

less'go New Member

Yes, I am pretty busy too here, Gil... Busy, that is, admiring my legs, which, for perhaps the first time in my life, were described to me as "Perfect legs" by a member of the opposite sex the other day.

Was this comment motivated uniquely by lusty desire? Was it simply sweet talk designed to wear down my defenses? Nothing but flattery backed by hopes that I might give a better view of said limbs?

Perhaps, perhaps my friends... But at 37 years old, it is the first time in my life such flattery has been directed to my legs, which are admittedly not the longest you'll ever see... I've heard about many of my other physical attributes, but never before about the perfect nature of my legs... and this was from a 24 year old :))))! Oh, my, but I DO think cross-training really pays off.

Sorry, just wanted to tout my own horn. Unless someone'd like to do it for me :D

3. Ratty

Ratty New Member

I'll tout your horns if you like... :D

4. less'go

less'go New Member

Now you see, that's exactly the sort of snide, sexist, leacherous remark I was hoping for. Thanx, luv.

5. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Here is the paradox.How can we possibly be objective and make an accurate rating without photos?
    Pictures please!

6. less'go

less'go New Member

You're just going to have to trust me on this one, Jerry... I have no pix of my legs... But they're there, I swear...

7. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

You can't blame an old dog for trying.I'll bet Gil knows the definition of perfect legs. If not I will enlighten him.

Gambas malto belo. Have to keep practicing.

8. James Bruce Gil

James Bruce Gil New Member

Huskey,

A perfect pair of legs are those that reach all the way from the ankles to the bottom, and do not have stubble that prickles too much when they are kissed. :p What is your definition?

Less'; Last time you posted the photos, the legs looked perfect to me, I was walking around with my tongue hanging out mesmerised for quite some time. Why on earth do you have to rely on the opinion of a youngster? Huskey and I both have the wisdom that comes with age on our side.

KInd regards,

9. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Perfect legs,you know feet on one end and on the other ...well you know.
    I will bet you are at work and so am I for another 45 mins.
    It is my evening to be here late.
    I do appreciate a nice pair of legs but I am not what you would call a leg man after all I have legs.

10. James Bruce Gil

Huskey,

Yep, just started and dutifully answering my email.

Kind regards,

11. dterner1

dterner1 New Member

Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale, from Tadcaster, England. Every time. Gives you all the nourishment that a Guiness does, with a much better taste. I love it when yeast farts (er... alcohol)...

D

12. James Bruce Gil

DT

No pun intended! Can be a bit rough when your three of four back in the pack.
    I'm sure its because those up front don't inhale their proper share.

Etiquet over this way says that you should wait till your at the back of the pack before you release it to the wild.

Kind regards,

13. glenna1984

glenna1984 New Member

It may be good for you, but there are still serious reasons you can't take it on a bike ride:

1. For us older people we'd need to find even more restrooms (women) or bushes (men).
    2. It does not taste good from a plastic water bottle.
    3. A cooler is too heavy and bulky to carry.
    4. Its difficult to carry its counterpart - pizza on a bike ride.
    5. If you are used to drinking a six pack -- you'd need a 5 lb bicycle to even out the additional weight.
    6. Its impossible to carry enough to share.
    7. If you start to drink before you ride you may never start the ride.
    8. Hell, you may never finish the ride even if you do start.

14. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

You make good points! Why bike ride when you can drink beer instead?

15. James Bruce Gil

Huskey,

It's OK to mix the two, though I must say I prefer to eat prawns or lobster with beer rather than pizza.

A bike makes it possible to do all.

If you perspire enough you don't need to find somewhere to P.

Who says beer tastes bad out of a plastic bottle? It tastes OK to me that way. If you make some beer ice cubes and put 8-10 in your bottle then fill the bottle with the same very cold beer, it will see out an hours ride even in summer.

Forget the Esky unless it has wheels, then you may be able to tow it.

A six pack is not sufficient for a long ride, as the ones you are not drinking get warm at the same rate as the one that you are drinking, unless they are in an Esky. Instead, drop in at six pubs along the way this enables you to share a drink with six different people if you like and have a P if you need it.

If you don't start there's always tomorrow unless your on your deathbed and then you probably won't feel like a ride or a drink :D

KInd regards,

16. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

I always wait until after the ride to have the brew but at 98 degree F beer out of a tree stump tastes good.
    I do enjoy the beer and Pizza but also like the seafood especially Alaskan crab claws and Oysters.Steamed or raw!

17. James Bruce Gil

Huskey,

I also enjoy crab, but we don't get Alaskan ones over this way. The last real feed of crab I had was in Las Vegas a few months back. It seemed to lack a bit of salt though. I don't know why but it seems they are no longer adding rock salt to crustaceans when they are cooked. I've noticed the same here with prawns and lobster. When I catch them my self I salt them and they are definately a little better than when I buy them.

I think its the salty taste that really makes them taste good with beer. Mind you home made pizza is nicer to. I think it is difficult these days to get real good Pizza even in Italy.

Kind regards,

KInd regards

18. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Baltimore is an excellent place to get good Italiano.

19. James Bruce Gil

Huskey,

I'll remember that for when I go there.

KInd regards,

20. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

I am headed home now. I will catch up later.