too good to be true!

Telegram Sam said:
I did not assert that there is no beer in heaven...Frank Yankovich (-the Cleveland Polka King...ask your parents who he is-they will know if you live in America) did. While I don't doubt that there must be beer in heaven- it is a great drinking song. It was determined long ago by a friend of mine who is a member of the clergy that my ticket has been stamped and I will be going straight to hell (where there is probably only something like O'Douls).
Now- as for Tech- Being the portarait of maturity and sensibility you have presented yourself as (and perhaps been a little critical of those that aren't as chaste), I am sure you are going to heaven. Perhaps, you may find that consumption is in high order there (it sure is among preachers here)...but I caution you, continue your crusade against drunken behaviors. I here that when you pass out around angels, they write on you with permanent markers.
Actually, that quote "In heaven there is no beer, that is why we drink it here", has been attributed originally to the trappists.... not to a polka song. Anyway, its really great to see a thread on beer, and see Robert Earl Keen mentioned. If you like him, you may want to try out Robbie Fulks, too.

Instead of pasta for your carbo-loading, add a little dubbel, or trippel to your regimen, after all, the monks drink dubbel during lent while fasting, hence, 'liquid bread'....

Oh, and its just not fluorescent light that causes light-struck beer, sunlight and incandescent lighting can do it too. It is a chemical reaction involving the hop components in beer...

Beer was originally brewed to get drunk and as a food source. The egyptians used to put bread in jars, add water and let it ferment. They would push a straw through the gunk on the top to get at the beer underneath. In fact, the Sumerians baked a special bread (bappir, I think) that served as the main ingredient for their beer, they even had a beer god - Ninkasi, they would drink for the euphoria - brought them closer to god, and for the nutritional aspects, of course...

beerbecue said:
Actually, that quote "In heaven there is no beer, that is why we drink it here",
Of course it had to be attributed to Monks first...but when you live in a town that has it's own accordion festival (Cotati California...I lived there through college)...and you have some 20 of the infernal contraptions laying around...You tend to develop a single track of thought. While I don't play polka (except "In Heaven") that song is like an anthem for my friends and I when we get going.
So cool to see another Keen fan on the board- he is great. I have Robbie Fulks too, but really, I am a rabid collector of an older Texan-Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys. I have every recording they did except one song (Silver dew on the blue grass tonight) which I have only found on a $110 box set...it's and illness really. I spend more on cds then I do on my car payment a month:mad: all kinds of music (hence the T-Rex handle and avatar). That's what I play-western swing (to huge audiences...yeah right)
Yeah yeah- I know it's all light...but I hate to see all that Newkie under those flourescents at the market so i figured I'd throw it out there...Mine goes straight to the keg-I hate washing bottles! I did a dubbel for winter this year (and a porter). It came out good...but definately not Atkins approved! Really, I think it is my love of beer that brought me to the bike but it really hasn't done a lot for the gut-oh well. As for the Egyptians- they were apparently missing out. Round here, if I brew a top fermenter, it is ceremonious that the Bumpas Hounds (my beloved co-conspirators) get to lap at the sludge- I figure that the yeast cant hurt em and they love it- one of them even goes after the grain as well...makes for an interesting brewing experience.
Cheers

Well, Ratty, I can see your just lurking lately... what's the matter, have your thighs grown so big you can't sit at your desk any more? Will be needing new pics, please.

And yes, beer has become an integral part of my feminine wiles. I like to get the boys liquored up, then they don't notice my dentures so much.

Try to be good, Ratty, m'boy.

Ratty said:
I'm here in between rides my dear, but have taken more of a lurker role for the time being. Just checking who you've been enticing with your wicked charm. . .

I see you're now using beer. Evil, evil.

Beer is delicious. And it's nice to see that there are others here that understand that the fizzy yellow **** that often passes as beer here in the USA is some pretty awful stuff. Cheers!

Is it good for us? Who cares?!?! We only live once. :D

meehs said:
Beer is delicious. And it's nice to see that there are others here that understand that the fizzy yellow **** that often passes as beer here in the USA is some pretty awful stuff. Cheers!

Is it good for us? Who cares?!?! We only live once. :D

But if you do it right once is enough!

:D As I stated there has to be beer in Heaven But also believe that everyone in Hell plays an acordian. Scary!
Less, you have dentures? I am now intigued and maybe a little aroused.
Is it getting hot in here?

jhuskey said:
Less, you have dentures? I am now intigued and maybe a little aroused.
Is it getting hot in here?

Would you care for another round, Jerry? After 5 or 6, my wooden leg will all but disappear.

less'go said:
Would you care for another round, Jerry? After 5 or 6, my wooden leg will all but disappear.

You have "SPLINTERED"my fantasy! Now if you had said "carbon fiber leg" you have still had my attention. I like progressive modern females. :cool:

less'go said:
And yes, beer has become an integral part of my feminine wiles. I like to get the boys liquored up, then they don't notice my dentures so much.
Bwaaaaaahaaaahaaaahaaaahaaaaa!

Actually, it is a faux-wood leg, carbon fiber on the inside, with (ultra-light) fake wood paneling on the outside. Like those station wagons Mom used to drive. No, really, it looks good.

jhuskey said:
You have "SPLINTERED"my fantasy! Now if you had said "carbon fiber leg" you have still had my attention. I like progressive modern females. :cool:

less'go said:
C'mon, STeve, Ratty, you're not going to leave me here alone in my corner with my cold one are you???

Hey Sara - not a chance you're alone in any corner with beer...If there are frosties to be consumed I'm there big time! Benjamin Franklin once said that beer is proof that God wanted us to be happy...I can't argue with that :D

I find it hard to take anyone seriously who doesn't drink beer...what a sad, sad, dry, sad, dry, parched, sad, desiccated, sad existance...

My favourite brews (all very medicinal mind you)...Windhoek Lager, Shiner Bock (can't get it over here though :( ), Birkenhead Kolsch...

...Damn now I'm thirsty!!

Stevedvg said:
Hey Sara - not a chance you're alone in any corner with beer...

Ah, but you'd be surprised... Things are not always what they seem.

Edited to add, sorry if the above sounds pitiful. You know, some days are better than others.

Actually I'm alone in my corner with a cup of good espresso right now. Beer will have to wait for later.

How'd you ever taste a Shiner from over there?

less'go said:
Actually, it is a faux-wood leg, carbon fiber on the inside, with (ultra-light) fake wood paneling on the outside. Like those station wagons Mom used to drive. No, really, it looks good.

So you have carbon implants. Interesting!

I thought about this also,if we are not suppose to have beer then why do we have football and pizza.
Undeniable logic!

jhuskey said:
So you have carbon implants. Interesting!

I thought about this also,if we are not suppose to have beer then why do we have football and pizza.
Undeniable logic!

and women to bring us our beer and pizza :D :D teehee. . .

Ratty said:
and women to bring us our beer and pizza :D :D teehee. . .

Ya and to rub your feet and mop the floor. That's our lot in life, it's not a lot, but it's a life... :eek:

I stole that line, cannot take credit.

less'go said:
Ya and to rub your feet and mop the floor. That's our lot in life, it's not a lot, but it's a life... :eek:

I stole that line, cannot take credit.

Yes I came home the other night sat down and told my wife "Woman bring me a Beer"
She had the nerve to tell me she had worked just as hard as I had that day.
So I pulled off my pants threw them at her and told her to put them on.

She said " I can't wear those they won't fit"
I said "exactly when you can wear the Daddy Pants you can be the boss"

She pulled off her underwear and told me to put them on.
I said " I can't get into those", She said, "exactly and you are not going to until your attitude changes"

Can't take credit for this one either but couldn't resist posting it.
Ain't life a *****!

jhuskey said:
Yes I came home the other night sat down and told my wife "Woman bring me a Beer"
She had the nerve to tell me she had worked just as hard as I had that day.
So I pulled off my pants threw them at her and told her to put them on.

She said " I can't wear those they won't fit"
I said "exactly when you can wear the Daddy Pants you can be the boss"

She pulled off her underwear and told me to put them on.
I said " I can't get into those", She said, "exactly and you are not going to until your attitude changes"

Can't take credit for this one either but couldn't resist posting it.
Ain't life a *****!
You know; I'd always thought that woman like to get married in white so that they'd match the rest of the kitchen appliances. After all they have smaller feet so that they can get closer to the kitchen sink don't they?

KInd regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
You know; I'd always thought that woman like to get married in white so that they'd match the rest of the kitchen appliances. After all they have smaller feet so that they can get closer to the kitchen sink don't they?

KInd regards,

Let me take a guess mate. You are not married.

jhuskey said:
Let me take a guess mate. You are not married.
You know, you had a 50:50 chance and you guessed wrong. Happily married for 38 years to a woman with a sense of humour.

She has her own repertoir of male jokes too! For example- Why were men made?------ Theres no vibrator attachment that can take out the Garbage can.

Just to balance--- WIFE is the acronym for Washing Ironing F---ing Etcetera.

Over to you Huskie,

Kind regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
You know, you had a 50:50 chance and you guessed wrong. Happily married for 38 years to a woman with a sense of humour.

She has her own repertoir of male jokes too! For example- Why were men made?------ Theres no vibrator attachment that can take out the Garbage can.

Just to balance--- WIFE is the acronym for Washing Ironing F---ing Etcetera.

Over to you Huskie,

Kind regards,

I knew I should have held out for an Aussie wife. American women just have a limited sense of humor.
Of course you have opened yourself up to any female reading your post to respond that your wife must have a good sense of humor. She married you.
There! Thats called pre-emptive strike I beat them to it.

jhuskey said:
I knew I should have held out for an Aussie wife. American women just have a limited sense of humor.
Of course you have opened yourself up to any female reading your post to respond that your wife must have a good sense of humor. She married you.
There! Thats called pre-emptive strike I beat them to it.
Its worse than that, my wife married me because she was sorry for me (I think).
Huskey, Don't get the idea that all Aussie woman have a sense of humour. It's really only the intelligent ones, and they are rare these days.

You see in Australia, natural selection is our worst enemy. Nobody is willing to take on a spouse that is sharpe enough to put it over them for the rest of life. As a result, the intellectual couples are not having families (DINK phenominon) as they are too sensible, while the couples who are having large families in general aren't as intellectually gifted as the rest.

In the middle there is a group who marry, separate (sometimes several times over) and then remain single having the odd kid in the process.

The result is that in general as a species we are becoming less intelligent. As this develops both men and women in Australia are losing their disposition towards humour!

Kind regards