too good to be true!

James Bruce Gil said:
Huskey,

Your capacity for multitasking never ceases to amaze me. Being a mere mortal, my multitasking is limited to drinking a beer while simultaneously farting, watching the football on television and riding my excercise bike.

How do we script this sheep into things, without becoming a little tasteless? I'm told you don't involve pigs in such movies in case they squeal on you.

Kind regards,

Yes ,but it's the red Kryptonite that seems to set me off on a wild direction.
I am trying to control the habit but it's hard to kick.
Farting can be satisfying and can be very competitive if you are experienced. Tasteless varies from city to city and culture to culture.
What do you think of the tour so far?

jhuskey said:
Yes ,but it's the red Kryptonite that seems to set me off on a wild direction.
I am trying to control the habit but it's hard to kick.
Farting can be satisfying and can be very competitive if you are experienced. Tasteless varies from city to city and culture to culture.
What do you think of the tour so far?

Huskey,

I am enjoying the tussle. I had thought that Lance had gone a little early, when he lost the lead, but he's back in front again at about the right time so I think he'll probably go on with it now.

It was interesting to see the two Australians trying to dispose of each other a few days back. I think that until they got off the bikes it was all in good spirit and they should have been left to sort it out between them selves.

What we need to introduce into the TdeF is a side show where these blokes can sign seal and deliver their disputes at the end of the day, without the judiciary have to become involved. Let them belt the **** out of each other and get it off their chests. It could provide some additional interest for the fans. What do you think? :D

Kind regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
Huskey,

I am enjoying the tussle. I had thought that Lance had gone a little early, when he lost the lead, but he's back in front again at about the right time so I think he'll probably go on with it now.

It was interesting to see the two Australians trying to dispose of each other a few days back. I think that until they got off the bikes it was all in good spirit and they should have been left to sort it out between them selves.

What we need to introduce into the TdeF is a side show where these blokes can sign seal and deliver their disputes at the end of the day, without the judiciary have to become involved. Let them belt the **** out of each other and get it off their chests. It could provide some additional interest for the fans. What do you think? :D

Kind regards,

I am thinking a demolition derby held in Paris as stage 22. Bikes at 100 paces.
Helmets would be for sissy's.
Of course this would be a voluntary stage, but I bet all the Aussies would sign up.

jhuskey said:
I am thinking a demolition derby held in Paris as stage 22. Bikes at 100 paces.
Helmets would be for sissy's.
Of course this would be a voluntary stage, but I bet all the Aussies would sign up.
Huskey,

I was thinking of a more integrated approach. Bikes at 100 paces is just not close enough for the touchy-feely new age cyclist.

I was thinking more of having a cooldown period at the end of every stage so that the competitors could engage in the square ups and then have time on the bikes the next day to get over any superficial damage and then come back 24 hours later with renewed vitriol if they believed the dispute hadn't been properly settled.

During the cooldown period no holds would be barred and the judiciary would be powerless to intervene. :D

When we get the Tour D' Beer up and running in competition with the TdeF we will have these sessions in it. I fancy that this would have great appeal to the serious cycling fans.

Kind regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
Huskey,

I was thinking of a more integrated approach. Bikes at 100 paces is just not close enough for the touchy-feely new age cyclist.

I was thinking more of having a cooldown period at the end of every stage so that the competitors could engage in the square ups and then have time on the bikes the next day to get over any superficial damage and then come back 24 hours later with renewed vitriol if they believed the dispute hadn't been properly settled.

During the cooldown period no holds would be barred and the judiciary would be powerless to intervene. :D

When we get the Tour D' Beer up and running in competition with the TdeF we will have these sessions in it. I fancy that this would have great appeal to the serious cycling fans.

Kind regards,

Not a bad plan,ride 10 and drink six. After 100 km's and 60 brews fight it out.
The time trials will be pure hell though ,a shooter every km.
Last rider with teeth wins.

jhuskey said:

Huskey,

Time trials in this scheme would be simply fantastic. Just think of the color video shots of the technicolor yodels.

As for having a spray every kilometer; Wasn't there a thread on this art a while back? With all the fans huddled along the way, it may even bring back the golden shower. :D

Kind regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
Huskey,

Time trials in this scheme would be simply fantastic. Just think of the color video shots of the technicolor yodels.

As for having a spray every kilometer; Wasn't there a thread on this art a while back? With all the fans huddled along the way, it may even bring back the golden shower. :D

Kind regards,

Golden shower, that reminds me I took an online test in another forum and came up classified as innocent,although not a saint.
I'll try and find the link for you and you can confirm what your wife has already told you.
I found it,tell me how it turns out.

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=3764230415076243440

jhuskey said:
I've just picked up this thread. TdB? Good idea - finally I can get to be a top flight pro. I've posted this before, but here it goes again. Suggestion for the Team Time Trial bikes...

EoinC said:
I've just picked up this thread. TdB? Good idea - finally I can get to be a top flight pro. I've posted this before, but here it goes again. Suggestion for the Team Time Trial bikes...

Nice! I need one of those as a team car. I have also pick out the stage route.

concord said:
Hmmmmmmmm I guess I'm a horndog. Where's Sara?? :D

Well either you took that test are looking to score with Sara or both, but to answer,we don't know.

jhuskey said:
Well either you took that test are looking to score with Sara or both, but to answer,we don't know.
I did take the test and score with Sara, well that's like hitting the lotto. The chances of getting hit by lighting and better odds. :D

concord said:
I did take the test and score with Sara, well that's like hitting the lotto. The chances of getting hit by lighting and better odds. :D

Concord,

Huskey and I were here first. So your just going to have to wait in line among the peleton of young lions in the sleeze bar and fight your way through the elimination bouts which is the real test of suitability for such noble goals. :D

Last heard of, our patron saint was running for fitness and cycling for enjoyment.

Huskey, It looks like Lance is going to romp home for number 7, don't you think?

We're all a bit sad over here at present. We've lost the cream of our lady road cycling team in a road accident outside Liepzig (Germany) on Monday. One dead and another four very seriously injured of which two are critical. All good styles of woman too. A newly licensed driver apparently cleaned them all up on a bend in aback road whiler they were out training.

KInd regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
Concord,

Huskey and I were here first. So your just going to have to wait in line among the peleton of young lions in the sleeze bar and fight your way through the elimination bouts which is the real test of suitability for such noble goals. :D

Last heard of, our patron saint was running for fitness and cycling for enjoyment.

Huskey, It looks like Lance is going to romp home for number 7, don't you think?

We're all a bit sad over here at present. We've lost the cream of our lady road cycling team in a road accident outside Liepzig (Germany) on Monday. One dead and another four very seriously injured of which two are critical. All good styles of woman too. A newly licensed driver apparently cleaned them all up on a bend in aback road whiler they were out training.

KInd regards,

I heard about that Gil. It is a damn sad shame and I read the whole story.
I think you should be licensed as a person before you can be licensed for anything else. If you can't pass the test,stay at home.
It does look like Lance will retire with 7 pending no crashes.
If you take him out of the mix I believe it would have been a real dog fight this year.

James Bruce Gil said:
Concord,

KInd regards,

I've been here since the begining of this thread, she called me a 'wet blanket' because I don't drink beer. Anyway, I'll go to the back of the line and wait my turn... if there's any left. ;)

Lance will win this one lest he falls and crashes... not!

concord said:
I've been here since the begining of this thread, she called me a 'wet blanket' because I don't drink beer. Anyway, I'll go to the back of the line and wait my turn... if there's any left. ;)

Lance will win this one lest he falls and crashes... not!

Concord,

My profuse apologies, you were indeed here all along.

Its my poor memory that has let me down so often over the years. Huskey and I have been out in front so long that I forgot you were lurking back in the peloton just waiting to strike when we showed signs of tiring! :D

I also think that Lance has got this one blown to bits, although the next four or five positions are becoming very interesting.

There looks like perhaps there may be a bit of a Discovery Channel Dynasty coming along nicely to carry on?

Huskey, what do you think about post Lance Armstrong TdeF's? Has Ulrich missed the boat?

Kind regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
Concord,

My profuse apologies, you were indeed here all along.

Its my poor memory that has let me down so often over the years. Huskey and I have been out in front so long that I forgot you were lurking back in the peloton just waiting to strike when we showed signs of tiring! :D

I also think that Lance has got this one blown to bits, although the next four or five positions are becoming very interesting.

There looks like perhaps there may be a bit of a Discovery Channel Dynasty coming along nicely to carry on?

Huskey, what do you think about post Lance Armstrong TdeF's? Has Ulrich missed the boat?

Kind regards,

Having some contact with Ullrich I know that winning this year was very important and although he has not performed as well as he had hoped you can tell he has trained very hard to be where he is at.
I believe he has the talent to win another tour and only time will tell if he has the mental fortitude to overcome the apparent failure for his quest.
I believe her will be back next year but some of the competitive edge may be gone and he has already been slammed for ther lack of it.
I hate to be indecisive but the answer lies within him.
I hope he tries again.

jhuskey said:
Having some contact with Ullrich I know that winning this year was very important and although he has not performed as well as he had hoped you can tell he has trained very hard to be where he is at.
I believe he has the talent to win another tour and only time will tell if he has the mental fortitude to overcome the apparent failure for his quest.
I believe her will be back next year but some of the competitive edge may be gone and he has already been slammed for ther lack of it.
I hate to be indecisive but the answer lies within him.
I hope he tries again.

Huskey,

I think failure is relative. That Ulrich would see this as a failure is hard for me to fathom. He has been up against some exceptional oppositition after all. Elite sporting figures demand more from themselves than is possible at times.

The difficulty is that seven years at the pinnacle of any sport takes its toll and all the while the age clock keeps ticking away. As time goes by it takes more and more effort to remain at the top. With this aging process comes the need to put more and more time into maintaining fitness. Unfortunately there is only 24 hours in a day and these fellows sleep 4-5 hours of it. Thus time runs out to spend the time that is necessary with their families and to prepare them selves for the very tough competition.

I admire Ulrich for his ambitions, but I think he arrived at the top just at the wrong moment in history. Lance is something very special and was there at the same time. It is hard to see that after this period of time that he will once again succeed. I would like to see it but I don't think it will happen.

Kind regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
Huskey,

I think failure is relative. That Ulrich would see this as a failure is hard for me to fathom. He has been up against some exceptional oppositition after all. Elite sporting figures demand more from themselves than is possible at times.

The difficulty is that seven years at the pinnacle of any sport takes its toll and all the while the age clock keeps ticking away. As time goes by it takes more and more effort to remain at the top. With this aging process comes the need to put more and more time into maintaining fitness. Unfortunately there is only 24 hours in a day and these fellows sleep 4-5 hours of it. Thus time runs out to spend the time that is necessary with their families and to prepare them selves for the very tough competition.

I admire Ulrich for his ambitions, but I think he arrived at the top just at the wrong moment in history. Lance is something very special and was there at the same time. It is hard to see that after this period of time that he will once again succeed. I would like to see it but I don't think it will happen.

Kind regards,

Timing is everything. Just think if you were born in the right era you would be be the King of Westralia...... Scratch that, I forgot you guys aren't ready for that yet. I geeting a little head of our time.
I take your observation for sure that Jan could have been a 7 times winner if not for the "wheel of fortune".

Gil ,as someone said ,and I have repeated ,it's all on the wheel ,it all comes around.
Lets talk about less stressful things,I have consumed large quantities of brew today and enjoyed it.
This is Monday morning for you and I have yet to pass out on Sunday night. Boggles the imagination!
Damn hot here! Hard riding, 110 F on the pavement.
Ah! This is good the wife has filled the upstairs hot tub and is banging on the wall to get my attention.
What can it mean? I'll get back!

jhuskey said:
Timing is everything. Just think if you were born in the right era you would be be the King of Westralia...... Scratch that, I forgot you guys aren't ready for that yet. I geeting a little head of our time.
I take your observation for sure that Jan could have been a 7 times winner if not for the "wheel of fortune".

Gil ,as someone said ,and I have repeated ,it's all on the wheel ,it all comes around.
Lets talk about less stressful things,I have consumed large quantities of brew today and enjoyed it.
This is Monday morning for you and I have yet to pass out on Sunday night. Boggles the imagination!
Damn hot here! Hard riding, 110 F on the pavement.
Ah! This is good the wife has filled the upstairs hot tub and is banging on the wall to get my attention.
What can it mean? I'll get back!

Huskey,

King of Westralia? Our navy had a ship called the Westralia that had a serious engine room fire and killed about six engine room staff. It seems that some boffin got in a commercial organisation to change some fuel lines and used rubber lines that were totally unsuitable to the purpose. Made a good saving for the defence force for the short term. I really wouldn't want that title.

My advice is go for the bath and take an ice bucket and some champers. You may be going to get lucky!! Have a good time. :D

Kind regards,